Author Topic: Add a colored robe to match the colored pelt hood  (Read 736 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Add a colored robe to match the colored pelt hood
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »
+14
I think a heraldic robe would be going too far, but could a robe model already in the game be modified to use you banner color just like the pelt hood does? The default banners (and many custom banners) have hues that would make for a neat hood and robe combo. If it was bright pink that might bother some players, but overall I think that it would be a welcome addition.

robe, worn robe, black saracen dress - which would look best w/ colored pelt hood?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The third one is female-only but I'm sure a new colored version could be made unisex...

I think the worn robe is the best candidate.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Add a colored robe to match the colored pelt hood
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 12:34:00 am »
+2
Robe pls
+
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:43:31 am »
+1
Bump. I think this would look nice with a lot of banners. I don't know anything about models and editing, would it be difficult to do with the robes' texture?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:49:01 am »
+2
Bump. I think this would look nice with a lot of banners. I don't know anything about models and editing, would it be difficult to do with the robes' texture?

All i want is a brown robe so I can rename myself to Druid, equip a staff and run around with 7athletics having the speed of radagast's bunny sled(which was 100% awesome).
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »
+1
Bump because I still want this.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »
then make it and maybe they'll use it

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:03:19 am »
I have no experience making items, but I'd gladly pay someone (crpg gold) if they made the model.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:26:06 am »
Ill throw in another 50k ( all I have) for he who makes this a reality.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 12:04:59 am »
@WITCHCRAFT, Porta
Do you want a recolored version of the existing model, or an entirely new model? I can do a recolored version, but no new model since I don't know how yet and will learn it later. But I am not sure if the council will agree to add either of them tbh :cry:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 10:24:06 am »
I was thinking retextured, but making the robe "heraldic" rather than just a new color. Banners would probably not display well on a baggy robe, but several of the recently added items (colored great lances, colored hood, colored great helm/winged great helm) use the banner background color only.

I want a robe that works that way - if your banner background is red, the robe is red but does not display your banner symbol like heraldic items do.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 11:34:33 am »
no zagibu - no stuff
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.