Author Topic: Multiple saved equipment sets  (Read 663 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Multiple saved equipment sets
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »
+17
In native, you can choose a class (footman, mounted, archer) when you join a server. CRPG does not have this menu option. I was wondering if it could be re-introduced to let you make multiple item sets on your character page from the website. Say you are 1H cav/footman, you could set option 1 to be heavy armor and round shield for a footman setup. Option 2 could be lighter armor with a horse for when you want to play cav.

Going even further down the rabbit hole, what if strategus army commanders could lock premade sets of equipment? Pick whether a player can choose their own equipment or if they must use the commander's choice of equipment. That would help prevent people from wasting your precious expensive gear either by playing poorly or as a double agent from the enemy faction. Trusted players could still pick whatever they want.

It's a pipe dream but it would be a nice feature and I'm sure lots of people wish they could set multiple equipment sets to swap quickly at the end of a round.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Multiple saved equipment sets
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:32:25 pm »
+2
Yea, multiple sets would be nice. Even just 2 would already be awesome: Light and Heavy gear.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »
Why limit it to 3 when we can have 4, 5 even 10!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »
well, you can forbid players to use certain items already, with that new level thingy

pre-defined sets in strat would be awful though, what if i only have 15str, but the helmet has 16 str- however i dont wanna use light gear?

people should use what they can play with the best, and if you know someone is awful you either dont hire her/him, or give them peasant gear telling them to guard flags or something

however, using pre defined classes on public servers would be really great, set these classes up on the website and then choose whatever class ingame - or a custom class, so just the way it is now, choosing all gear pieces individually
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 01:12:44 am »
well, you can forbid players to use certain items already, with that new level thingy

Yeah, that solves 99% of the problems with players trolling the army that hired them. If you do it once during an important battle, you will be blacklisted by anyone who cares. Word travels fast in this small community...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 01:30:09 am »
Yeah, that solves 99% of the problems with players trolling the army that hired them. If you do it once during an important battle, you will be blacklisted by anyone who cares. Word travels fast in this small community...

I was in a battle yesterday (AoW vs Narra) and after the guys in AoW decided that they should retreat to save some gear, a random merc was able to retreat the entire army. We didn't know if it just said his name instead of the proper commander's, or if he actually did it. He claims that after we told the commander how to retreat he tried it to see what would happen, and as soon as this random merc did it, it said that HE retreated the army. I am not sure how AoW structured their army, but if they gave that guy rank 10 (for gear management purposes), did that actually give him a temporary rank 10 in the faction? When you go to hire guys in your battle management page, all the guys in your faction are already ranked according to their faction rank, while all mercs start as rank 0, leading me to believe that this MIGHT (as an unintentional side effect) give them a temporary rank increase. Does it help solve 99% of gear problems in strat? Yes. Does it also potentially allow for anyone to retreat your army? Perhaps...

Huh, that got off topic real fast... anyways this has been suggested many times, most people agreeing that 3 loadouts would be best (light, medium, heavy), and every time the community embraces it fully. Can we please have save-able loadouts? Pretty please? Must we resort to spamming cute kittens to be noticed?

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »
Even in just regular Battle/Siege it'd be nice to have at least 2 slots you could predefine. For example, a setup of light gear and a setup of heavy gear, for if you want to save gold when you have a low multi or not.
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.