Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 60087 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2014, 01:51:50 am »
+1
NOt an article, it's a verdict of polish supreme court, the case is not finished, but court pointed out that all measures taken by police have to be minimized and without serious threat to human life or property deadly force can not be used if there're other options.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2014, 02:09:27 am »
+3
There is something seriously, SERIOUSLY wrong with this statement.
Distrust everyone, use guns for "protection", assume everyone is armed. Blindly trust the courts and the media, but for the love of god don't see what's right in front of you.

That's even more scary cause it shows there's some kind of approval for such actions.

its misinterpretation, or that i typed out something that could be read in a manor other then what im attempting to point out, i apologize. 

What im saying is that, this took on about two days if that of media coverage, hit a few blogs and ended its story.  While the recent Fort Hood shooting and previous shootings have lasted weeks.  Hows about the cops who shot the unarmed guy in the square and hit a bystander, that shit was on the news for atleast 2 weeks minimum.  Of course not all of those entailed law enforcement to the same level as this shooting, but they hit the media like wildfire, while this has fallen short and been relatively quite, and for the most part seems to have been justified(not my opinion, but rather one im making as a general statement).

im not stating im for or against what happened, i was just bringing other facts or rather knowledge to the thread for others to discuss, take it upon your own to do what you will with it.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2014, 02:23:58 am »
+6
I had a conversation about our gun laws with an Australian co-worker over Fort Hood and basically I told him this:

"Yeah we get a lot of these gun rampage incidents and those would be less frequent if we removed guns from civilian hands, but I wouldn't want our country to do that. Our entire country of 313.9 million people is saturated with fire-arms and if we were to be invaded by a foreign aggressor think of how well that would go. 313 million people is a lot and we probably have enough guns to give each person at least 5 different kinds. "

Edit: We also train our kids young with violent fps games to get them ready.
"Son, it is just like call of duty. Aim for the head, hold down the trigger, and scream FAAAAAAAAGGG as loud as you can."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:31:40 am by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:38 am »
+3
NOt an article, it's a verdict of polish supreme court, the case is not finished, but court pointed out that all measures taken by police have to be minimized and without serious threat to human life or property deadly force can not be used if there're other options.

Ah, well, perhaps that may be ideal, but I disagree with that in circumstances like that. It's a ROAD BLOCK. you don't just say: "Oh I missed it."

Personally, I'm against the "Prison-Industrial Society" that things like the war on Drugs has caused, but that is a tangent.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:01 am »
+2
What seems poorly done is that everything after "go" was planned and duly prepared, so why didnt they shoot a couple non-lethal pellets first and see if it would do the trick? Its hard not to fall on your knees when you get hit point blank by one of these, which could have been enough to proceed with the cuffing. They had the right to shoot but that could have been avoided, especially since they did have a gadget ready for the case.

I believe we cannot judge without looking back on everything that happened before the shooting took place, since the assault cam guy turned on just when shit hit the fan.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:40:16 am by Butan »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2014, 04:26:49 am »
+4
He was an apparent homeless man(more than likely mentally ill) brandishing knives at police officers. I think they acted in accordance. You don't pull out a weapon when you are approached by police officers.

Its sad if he was mentally ill and didn't know better. But hey, in they end they made a judgement call.

So an old man hanging into some knife who is absolutely weak and could be easily disarmed or stunned whatever, instead he got flashbanged, attacked by a trained dog, shot, when on the ground, shot some more, then stepped on and later claimed dead.

All this done by three much younger people in serious gear that should be used against people who are a serious threat.

The fuck is wrong with you? "Judgement call?" My ass!

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2014, 05:40:59 am »
+5
He was an apparent homeless man(more than likely mentally ill) brandishing knives at police officers. I think they acted in accordance. You don't pull out a weapon when you are approached by police officers.

Its sad if he was mentally ill and didn't know better. But hey, in they end they made a judgement call.
Yeah, if you don't comply with the law enforcement, it's OK to just kill you.

Gestapo approves.

How about this, fire these pussies, give me their pay, and I promise I'll handle situations like that without firearms and without killing.

Why? Was he too close to another officer or something?

Yes, he was behind one of the officers.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2014, 06:16:26 am »
+4
In this case, complying meant putting down a weapon.

Are you allowed to just resist an arrest or something in Europe?
He was putting his shit down when they threw a flashbang and closed in.

And no, you're not. But you're not shot for trying to walk away from the cops....
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2014, 07:09:17 am »
+8
hey, from that video the nigga had knives, which could be thrown, boomerang around, slicing the heads off of all 5 officers and their dog in one attack.

completely justified, this man was obviously an ex-assassin / ninja and had mastered the ways of throwing knives.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2014, 08:38:06 am »
+8
Yes, and the whole turning around to go away thing was a trick, he was just gathering momentum for his boomerang throw.

Watching the video again, it's hilarious how those cowards are scared stiff even after shooting him six times.  :lol:

"Oh no, better not get within 15 meters of him even though we've got assault rifles at high ready trained on him"
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12:18 am »
+3

Watch the video. He already agreed to come down. Their K9+officer was only 8 feet away from him before they set off the flash grenade. It's only because they set off the grenade did he freak out and pull a knife. In any case, he turns and runs in the other direction before they gun him down with assault rifles. Fuck all cops.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2014, 09:52:03 am »
+10
Without making any judgement myself here it seems that there is a big difference in mentalities between EU and NA. Many Americans are still stuck in the wild west "hang-the-horse-thief" mindset and are even proud of that. A criminal forfeits his life once he breaks the law - no matter the circumstances. A naked knife-wielding schizophreniac yelling on the street is gunned down there. In Germany they'd send in a maille-clad police thug armed with a baton to do the job. Proportionality has a higher importance over here. Also paper work for fired rounds is a bitch and a good beating once in a while is fun when not on the receiving end.

NAs are natural born ranged f4gs

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2014, 11:21:39 am »
+4
I won't argue whether or not the use of lethal ammunition was justified, but this was a suspect with a long history of violence towards police.
This ordeal had been going on for awhile when Boyd outright refused to cooperate by picking up his things and starting to turn.
He was then flashed, hit with beanbags (reportedly) and shot with a taser (reportedly).
To be totally fair, the officers were off camera when the flashbang hit, so who knows if they fired or not.
The only reason Boyd was shot was because he pulled two knives on the K9 officer who was unarmed and working with the dog.
Boyd was reportedly within eight feet of the K9 officer when deadly force was used by the APD officer wearing the helmet cam.
Eight feet is damn close. One step and a good stab would place a knife in the chest of the K9 officer... To be fair.

Perhaps it wasn't handled as well as it could have been. Perhaps the officer who used lethal force acted too quickly.
What's unfortunate is that this could happen to any well-meaning officer.
It's important to remember that the K9 officer could have also ended up dead too. We just don't know.
That's not to say we should excuse the officer in question of this shooting, but it is something to strongly consider.
We don't know what the intentions were of either the two men.

If anything, it's a cry for a better healthcare system in the US- one that can help the poor or homeless who are mentally ill.
These people often suffer the most from mental illness and any humanitarian society should be concerned for their well-being.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:25:38 am by Jeade »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2014, 11:23:35 am »
+3
It's a nice sign about them though.

If this is how they handle an old homeless man with a mental illness.. how do they handle a criminal or somebody speeding or doing something more extreme? Explosives?

Anyway those 'policemen' need to step the hell down, especially after I've read more about how trigger-happy this department is.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2014, 11:46:10 am »
+4
I won't argue whether or not the use of lethal ammunition was justified, but this was a suspect with a long history of violence towards police.
This ordeal had been going on for awhile when Boyd outright refused to cooperate by picking up his things and starting to turn.
He was then flashed, hit with beanbags (reportedly) and shot with a taser (reportedly).
To be totally fair, the officers were off camera when the flashbang hit, so who knows if they fired or not.
The only reason Boyd was shot was because he pulled two knives on the K9 officer who was unarmed and working with the dog.
Boyd was reportedly within eight feet of the K9 officer when deadly force was used by the APD officer wearing the helmet cam.
Eight feet is damn close. One step and a good stab would place a knife in the chest of the K9 officer... To be fair.

Perhaps it wasn't handled as well as it could have been. Perhaps the officer who used lethal force acted too quickly.
What's unfortunate is that this could happen to any well-meaning officer.
It's important to remember that the K9 officer could have also ended up dead too. We just don't know.
That's not to say we should excuse the officer in question of this shooting, but it is something to strongly consider.
We don't know what the intentions were of either the two men.

If anything, it's a cry for a better healthcare system in the US- one that can help the poor or homeless who are mentally ill.
These people often suffer the most from mental illness and any humanitarian society should be concerned for their well-being.
Did you watch the video...? It's like some people in this thread rather believe some written word over seeing with their own eyes.

Why do you need to read about how far the K9 officer was from him? You can see it on the video. And they used bean bags after he was shot with lethal rounds, as is shown... on the video.

They shot him when he turned away. Very threatening.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:54:19 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.