Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 67875 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Meanwhile in USA
« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2018, 11:56:01 pm »
Sanderson Jankins, you seem like a proper fellow.

Even though I dont live in the US and have not as much knowledge as people living there of how it all works in this nation, it is pretty obvious from where I stand that people are simply afraid, and want this to stop happening, and want a simple solution, while there is none.
I personally believe that there is no real way to stop people from doing mass murders.

Even if all guns/cars/knives were banned from existence, there are always ways to acquire such items or to create/modify some in the purpose of mass killing. Not to add that contrary to popular belief (at least in my country) you cant just go in a gun shop, drop money on the counter, and get out with a loaded gun. Maybe it was easier in the past, but not today.

On the subject of mental health, people do seem to think like people stroll about with a "mental health" bar on top of their head. Or that you just have to put money on the table, because 1000$ equals a sane person. To this day mental health is still very much a random science where the go-to solution is to take pills to chill the fuck down, see a shrink, be sent into prison isolation. Thats it.

If I wanted to commit a mass murder in France I could, and I'm pretty sure that its the same in every countries on earth.
The world is very harsh, its easy to understand that ~10-20 people every year end up doing mass murder. The definition of mental illness is so vague that its way way too easy to just say "well, they were mentally ill, so that explains".

Whatever is the reason that explains the USA has so many mass shootings compared to the total mass shootings on the planet, there is no simple answers, its a sum of things that also include stupid shit like copycats/fame/suicide per cop. Not to forget that there is a lot of mass shootings everywhere on earth and we are just too focused on the USA.

Glorification of violence and crime, easy access to military grade weapons, non-existent morals.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:10:43 am by Grytviken »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2018, 12:10:27 am »
+1
If only people still hit their kids...

Agreed, I was beat by my parents and grandparents and look how well I turned out.

The turd doesn't fall far from the bundle of sticks's ass.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:57:54 am by Grytviken »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2018, 05:05:16 am »
+5
When your kid's so bad that you have to take breaks beating it and ask your parents to help out.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:09:30 am by Paul »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2018, 12:00:22 pm »
+1
I blame JFK and then Reagan governments for closing down all mental asylums because of "ethical" reasons. This bundle of sticks should've been tossed in the loony bin long before he could've perpetrated this attack. It's crazy that he was still allowed to go to a normal school after so many run-ins with police, not to mention being reported to the FBI for openly claiming he was going to shoot up a school.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2018, 04:21:28 pm »
Glorification of violence and crime, easy access to military grade weapons, non-existent morals.

How? - no - How ?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2018, 05:30:04 pm »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2018, 06:32:44 pm »
It is truly interesting how you can make death threats and suffer no consequences from society but as soon you give an opinion on certain matter online, that can affect your future in major ways. It's like when you're on the bottom, no one takes special attention to your actions until you do something truly remarkable like killing dozens of people in open daylight for no good reason. But as soon you try going up the ladder of success, window for making a mistake narrows with every step. I wouldn't say that is forgiving nature of our establishment towards those less fortunate but more an act of not giving a damn. So many those at the bottom in Muricca, can't give a fuck what they do in their daily lives can we? But as soon promising individual make tiniest mistake that differs from currently acceptable way of thinking, down the gutter he goes.

That can explain why things like this happen regularly and more frequently while nobody is trying to do anything to prevent it. America just doesn't give a shit about bottom dwelling denizens.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2018, 06:45:03 pm »
+1

That can explain why things like this happen regularly and more frequently while nobody is trying to do anything to prevent it. America just doesn't give a shit about bottom dwelling denizens.

I've seen some pretty dumb shit while I was living in poverty. People spending all their money on cell phones and jewelry while their kids were wearing the same clothes everyday, people banging on their neighbor's door in the morning begging for eggs instead of walking their lazy fat ass to a store, idiots who refused to pay the very small fee of like 25 cents for trash removal, yet they had a brand new car they went into massive debt to buy while they lived like pigs and couldn't afford rent (shortly wrecked it later drunk driving).  People have some pretty unrealistic expectations and little to no common sense. No amount of easily exploitable charity or goodwill will fix those levels of stupidity.

Some good Samaritans took in the psychopath shooter, they also knew he was a basketcase who just got expelled from school, lost his parents and had a lengthy police record and thought it was OK that he also be allowed to bring his machine guns over. He was someone who couldn't afford a pot to piss in but still managed to own, license and maintain 10 expensive military grade assault rifles? No red flags there? The good Samaritans must have been just as crazy. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:45:53 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2018, 09:26:04 pm »
I've seen some pretty dumb shit while I was living in poverty. People spending all their money on cell phones and jewelry while their kids were wearing the same clothes everyday, people banging on their neighbor's door in the morning begging for eggs instead of walking their lazy fat ass to a store, idiots who refused to pay the very small fee of like 25 cents for trash removal, yet they had a brand new car they went into massive debt to buy while they lived like pigs and couldn't afford rent (shortly wrecked it later drunk driving).  People have some pretty unrealistic expectations and little to no common sense. No amount of easily exploitable charity or goodwill will fix those levels of stupidity.

Some good Samaritans took in the psychopath shooter, they also knew he was a basketcase who just got expelled from school, lost his parents and had a lengthy police record and thought it was OK that he also be allowed to bring his machine guns over. He was someone who couldn't afford a pot to piss in but still managed to own, license and maintain 10 expensive military grade assault rifles? No red flags there? The good Samaritans must have been just as crazy.

a lot of folk are not well-equipped to thrive in a society awash with easy credit and inflationary fiat currency, both themselves discouraging any amount of saving within a segment of the population enamored with appearing wealthy regardless of their circumstances, income, work, etc. sort of infects every strata of society too, and not just the very poor. excluded are those rare people looking around wondering why everyone's so fucked

and you're totally right, especially in certain religious communities there seems to exist only extremes of trust and mistrust. generally in food-assistance programs put out by religious organizations, you're either gonna need to get all sorts of documentation that you aren't a scamming piece of shit or you're gonna need just a social security card proving you're not coming in multiple times. obviously these people are of the former variety. in the church i belong to, i have no doubt that even the majority of members would take in some street kid given the opportunity...

and they're also NOT gonna let the motherfucker haul his firearms into the house, they ain't gonna leave any family member, especially female, alone with the dude. and most of these people are themselves well-armed, blue-collar southerners not adverse to defensive action.

(apparently the two people took the murderer in at their son's request- know for a fact when one of my homies had to crash at our place for a little bit in HS my parents treated him with great caution just in case.)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:36:18 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2018, 10:42:08 pm »
+5
White people are violent by design its in the bible

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2018, 10:46:10 pm »
+1
White people are violent by design its in the bible
True that, and violence is the only true power in the universe. That's why The Whites are the most powerful and will remain so.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »
+6
True that, and violence is the only true power in the universe. That's why The Wights are the most powerful and will remain so.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:17 pm »
+4
most cops are white and kill most of the people in the USA

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2018, 11:38:27 pm »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:34:07 am by Angantyr »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2018, 05:28:53 am »
+1
If I got to 90 with a gun I'd Hunter S. Thompson myself.

No you won't James.  You'll want to live for just one more day.