Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 67880 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Meanwhile in USA
« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2018, 02:49:28 pm »
+4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2018, 03:32:30 pm »
If you got to around 90 years old and you'd still be able to shoot a gun, would you do something like this?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2018, 03:48:45 pm »
If I got to 90 with a gun I'd Hunter S. Thompson myself.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2018, 09:32:13 am »
+2
Is this school shooting topic? Please revive thread, wanna talk about guns and freedom and bald eagles.

make it so

initial shot: for the most recent News Event (wonder whats getting shoved through Congress with stunning "bipartisanship"), i fully blame institutionalized compulsory primary education and the internal rot of the atomic family, itself mostly caused through hyper-consumptionist propaganda and group thought the likes of which drove poor Ted to bomb all those folk in airline and tech

(pls no v&)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2018, 09:40:01 am »
I mainly blame those couple weirdos that started the US trend of mass shootings, and the lemmings that followed.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2018, 10:42:36 am »
+2
It was obviously an inside job to take our freedoms perpetrated by someone on the autism spectrum, also don't forget about black people being guns
Thoughts and prayers
Wow I didn't know Havelle was any number of braindead sluts I knew from college posting on Facebook about something they know nothing about, in the exact way that [your favorite television funnyman here] told them to, who would have thought? Or thot?

make it so

initial shot: for the most recent News Event (wonder whats getting shoved through Congress with stunning "bipartisanship"), i fully blame institutionalized compulsory primary education and the internal rot of the atomic family, itself mostly caused through hyper-consumptionist propaganda and group thought the likes of which drove poor Ted to bomb all those folk in airline and tech

(pls no v&)
Don't forget the 24-hour news cycle, fam
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2018, 11:05:30 am »
+1
Wow I didn't know Havelle was any number of braindead sluts I knew from college posting on Facebook about something they know nothing about, in the exact way that [your favorite television funnyman here] told them to, who would have thought? Or thot?
Don't forget the 24-hour news cycle, fam

ye, u rite.

also i always think its fucking hilarious when havelle has to act like HIS views are the ones that are embarrassing or controversial when stuff like this comes up in TS because he's a mainstream social democrat in a TS full of "can't tell if serious" nationalist types and lolbertarians

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #532 on: February 18, 2018, 01:19:15 am »
+2
personally i don't understand the southern hardcore republicans who keep arguing that their (nearly) military grade rifles are more important to them than the lives of students/innocent bystanders. to a canadian this is all fucked to me
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 18, 2018, 05:55:06 am »
+4
personally i don't understand the southern hardcore republicans who keep arguing that their (nearly) military grade rifles are more important to them than the lives of students/innocent bystanders. to a canadian this is all fucked to me

i am a southern minarchist on certain days, or complete voluntaryist on others, never voted for an R (pls dont make fun of me for voting R that 1 time). lets get into this, i'll spare u a roasting on twitter :^)

so firstly, your premise that there is a zero-sum equation stating that the citizenry of the U.S. can EITHER a) own semi-automatic rifles that bear strong resemblance to military hardware or b) experience a near-complete diminishment of "school shootings", gun violence, mass murder, et cetera is very flawed. in like 2010, there were 300+ million private firearms in the United States; some sort of manufacturing ban, purchase ban, extended tax stamp preventing middle/lower class from buying rifles, or any other measure would be ineffective at preventing your average citizen from obtaining a firearm and ammunition. the only somewhat effective measure would be a very strict clamp-down on ammunition purchasing and manufacturing, simultaneous restrictions on powder/reloading supplies, i would imagine. not THAT many people stockpile ammo, so completely disregarding political feasibility of such a measure, that'd be the only real way to even begin such a thing.

second, your premise implies that any individual located in the same nation as a murderer, also possessing a firearm(s) bears responsibility for the murderer's actions or at least partial responsibility for his capability. i find this implication (intentional or not) loathesome.

third, you've got the common "u just have to fix mental health!" or "just make some1 pass a mental health exam to buy a gun!!!" arguments that, as a pseudoscience major with a couple brain cells, makes me livid. the entire argument assumes that, in order for an individual to commit mass murder, they must be mentally ill. murderers are placed in prison all the time for their actions- only very occasionally are they subject to being labeled insane. why mass murderers? do people think its so implausible for a rare person to know EXACTLY what they are doing, be in full control of their faculties, not depressed, capable of empathy and not sociopathic- and still kill their peers en masse?

its easier to think of such inhumane monsters as crazy, of course. more natural, maybe. everyone is so emotional, crying for "someone" to "do something", they can't even fathom the logistics of the shit.

Ok, so now as a society we've decided that we will empower some new organization or give an existing organization the power to detain minors and adults with impunity- if they are determined to be "high risk" to their peers. That's what we're fucking talking about, you know. They gonna lock up every 16 year old that doodles some slavshit rifle because he's bored and talks about CSGO in class? They gonna stuff every kid that goes on imageboards and elsewhere and laughs at tragedy in a van?

And say that this exists- what the FUCK do you DO with a kid that has been detained for being a suspected future shooter? Detain him indefinately? Have a bunch of shrinks poke and prod his psyche, feed him psychotropic cocktails until they decide that he ain't gonna go blast folk? Yeah, right.

ok so thats basically why it would be ineffective at stopping mass murder scenarios in a rambling nutshell. now here's for the thing that'll really rake your leafs u canuck

Even if, hypothetically, it were magically insured that restricting access to firearms for the population would significantly reduce instances of mass murder (children or otherwise), I would still not support such measures. Firstly, I feel that the safety of one's self and one's family is that individual's responsibility; also the responsibility of kin, neighbors, community, etc. I cannot support our disarmament. Second, I feel that the public school system is babbies' very first institutionalization and generally harmful in many aspects..and more morbidly, these 4k population schools make target rich environments for scum. Third, any given non-murderous individual owning firearms bears NO moral responsibility for the actions of an unassociated individual. If the butcher's bill was 2x higher, 5x higher, 10x higher, my position would not change. Understand thats very odd, or even disturbing to others. More than happy to explain it in more detail anytime.

And anyway, children in this country are far more likely to be slaughtered by local security forces than by lone maniacs, islamofascists, white supremacists, or commies put together.

also some anti-propaganda visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.activistpost.com/2018/02/3-years-cops-killed-450-citizens-4-decades-mass-shootings-combined.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:59:57 am by Sandersson Jankins »

Offline traxits

• Cuck
  • Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player
  • The weakest of the Three Scumlords.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scumlord_Ephemeral
« Reply #534 on: February 18, 2018, 06:24:54 am »
+2
i am a southern minarchist on certain days, or complete voluntaryist on others, never voted for an R. lets get into this, i'll spare u a roasting on twitter :^)

so firstly, your premise that there is a zero-sum equation stating that the citizenry of the U.S. can EITHER a) own semi-automatic rifles that bear strong resemblance to military hardware or b) experience a near-complete diminishment of "school shootings", gun violence, mass murder, et cetera is very flawed. in like 2010, there were 300+ million private firearms in the United States; some sort of manufacturing ban, purchase ban, extended tax stamp preventing middle/lower class from buying rifles, or any other measure would be ineffective at preventing your average citizen from obtaining a firearm and ammunition. the only somewhat effective measure would be a very strict clamp-down on ammunition purchasing and manufacturing, simultaneous restrictions on powder/reloading supplies, i would imagine. not THAT many people stockpile ammo, so completely disregarding political feasibility of such a measure, that'd be the only real way to even begin such a thing.

second, your premise implies that any individual located in the same nation as a murderer, also possessing a firearm(s) bears responsibility for the murderer's actions or at least partial responsibility for his capability. i find this implication (intentional or not) loathesome.

third, you've got the common "u just have to fix mental health!" or "just make some1 pass a mental health exam to buy a gun!!!" arguments that, as a pseudoscience major with a couple brain cells, makes me livid. the entire argument assumes that, in order for an individual to commit mass murder, they must be mentally ill. murderers are placed in prison all the time for their actions- only very occasionally are they subject to being labeled insane. why mass murderers? do people think its so implausible for a rare person to know EXACTLY what they are doing, be in full control of their faculties, not depressed, capable of empathy and not sociopathic- and still kill their peers en masse?

its easier to think of such inhumane monsters as crazy, of course. more natural, maybe. everyone is so emotional, crying for "someone" to "do something", they can't even fathom the logistics of the shit.

Ok, so now as a society we've decided that we will empower some new organization or give an existing organization the power to detain minors and adults with impunity- if they are determined to be "high risk" to their peers. That's what we're fucking talking about, you know. They gonna lock up every 16 year old that doodles some slavshit rifle because he's bored and talks about CSGO in class? They gonna stuff every kid that goes on imageboards and elsewhere and laughs at tragedy in a van?

And say that this exists- what the FUCK do you DO with a kid that has been detained for being a suspected future shooter? Detain him indefinately? Have a bunch of shrinks poke and prod his psyche, feed him psychotropic cocktails until they decide that he ain't gonna go blast folk? Yeah, right.

ok so thats basically why it would be ineffective at stopping mass murder scenarios in a rambling nutshell. now here's for the thing that'll really rake your leafs u canuck

Even if, hypothetically, it were magically insured that restricting access to firearms for the population would significantly reduce instances of mass murder (children or otherwise), I would still not support such measures. Firstly, I feel that the safety of one's self and one's family is that individual's responsibility; also the responsibility of kin, neighbors, community, etc. I cannot support our disarmament. Second, I feel that the public school system is babbies' very first institutionalization and generally harmful in many aspects..and more morbidly, these 4k population schools make target rich environments for scum. Third, any given non-murderous individual owning firearms bears NO moral responsibility for the actions of an unassociated individual. If the butcher's bill was 2x higher, 5x higher, 10x higher, my position would not change. Understand thats very odd, or even disturbing to others. More than happy to explain it in more detail anytime.

And anyway, children in this country are far more likely to be slaughtered by local security forces than by lone maniacs, islamofascists, white supremacists, or commies put together.

also some anti-propaganda visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.activistpost.com/2018/02/3-years-cops-killed-450-citizens-4-decades-mass-shootings-combined.html

youre such an asshole you know i read at a fourth grade level
Dear traxits
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team
Today at 04:50:44 pm   Constant Shitposting   +100

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 18, 2018, 06:52:18 am »
youre such an asshole you know i read at a fourth grade level

i could probably format it a lot better and not shift in and out of using proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization like a fucking schizophrenic

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2018, 09:07:58 am »
Unabomber grammar for sure.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2018, 09:18:25 am »
+3
I didn't really have promiscuous, college educated women in mind, i was flippantly summing up the usual talking points in these threads that end up just being a far right echo chamber.
Right, I was saying it made you sound like a basic bitch trawling for Facebook likes in a cesspool of Washington Post article comments my dude.

never voted for an R
(click to show/hide)

Hi, NORTHWESTERN hardcore Republican here. This is all fucked to you because you, a Canadian, don't know what you're looking at. It's not a question of how I value the lives of strangers in relation to my firearms, it's simply the law. Not just the law, but the highest law in America, to which all our other laws are subject. This highest law invokes the natural state of Man to ensure that certain liberties are not stripped of America's citizens by their government. This highest law says that the government shall not impede me if I wish to possess and train with "arms" (just as you could not possibly begrudge anyone in a state of nature an act of self-defense, or the preparation thereof). This being the highest law, all the other little laws must follow its lead, never going against it.

It is possible to change our highest law through a process detailed within it. Our Congress and the Senate must both approve a proposed "amendment" by two-thirds majorities, and then still the amendment must be ratified by three-fourths of State legislatures (all the little baby congresses and senates throughout the States). That means 38 out of 50 States.

Would you like to know what IS NOT an acceptable way to change our highest law, the written guarantor of the rights of American citizens from their government under God? Slowly eroding those rights over time, in increments of "common sense" legislation, until every one of those rights is meaningless because our highest law is not respected or followed, making every American a slave to the whims of his government. Do you understand, Canuck, why myself and other Americans might feel strongly about this?
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 18, 2018, 11:55:54 am »
+2
Sanderson Jankins, you seem like a proper fellow.

Even though I dont live in the US and have not as much knowledge as people living there of how it all works in this nation, it is pretty obvious from where I stand that people are simply afraid, and want this to stop happening, and want a simple solution, while there is none.
I personally believe that there is no real way to stop people from doing mass murders.

Even if all guns/cars/knives were banned from existence, there are always ways to acquire such items or to create/modify some in the purpose of mass killing. Not to add that contrary to popular belief (at least in my country) you cant just go in a gun shop, drop money on the counter, and get out with a loaded gun. Maybe it was easier in the past, but not today.

On the subject of mental health, people do seem to think like people stroll about with a "mental health" bar on top of their head. Or that you just have to put money on the table, because 1000$ equals a sane person. To this day mental health is still very much a random science where the go-to solution is to take pills to chill the fuck down, see a shrink, be sent into prison isolation. Thats it.

If I wanted to commit a mass murder in France I could, and I'm pretty sure that its the same in every countries on earth.
The world is very harsh, its easy to understand that ~10-20 people every year end up doing mass murder. The definition of mental illness is so vague that its way way too easy to just say "well, they were mentally ill, so that explains".

Whatever is the reason that explains the USA has so many mass shootings compared to the total mass shootings on the planet, there is no simple answers, its a sum of things that also include stupid shit like copycats/fame/suicide per cop. Not to forget that there is a lot of mass shootings everywhere on earth and we are just too focused on the USA.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 18, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »
+5
If only people still hit their kids...
Agreed, I was beat by my parents and grandparents and look how well I turned out.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.