Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 60109 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in USA
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »

Wow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2017, 01:47:23 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Wow.

well that was just straight up murder by a person with mental condition which happens to wear a police uniform

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #482 on: June 22, 2017, 05:54:27 pm »
+2
Hard to tell anything when we cant see into the car. And his girlfriend didnt seem very upset later on, it just seems kinda fake, pulling up the phone to tape it just like its her 3rd time having her BF murdered? Kid in the car too for even more dramatic effect? Hmm, if it is real though, shame on the cop if the guy was being cooperative.

Either way Trevor Noah has a very punchable face, god i hate that guy.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
Hard to tell anything when we cant see into the car. And his girlfriend didnt seem very upset later on, it just seems kinda fake, pulling up the phone to tape it just like its her 3rd time having her BF murdered? Kid in the car too for even more dramatic effect? Hmm, if it is real though, shame on the cop if the guy was being cooperative.

Either way Trevor Noah has a very punchable face, god i hate that guy.

Jury found the officer innocent, multiple blacks on the Jury too so they can't say it was prejudice. When you inform an officer you have a firearm in your possession and don't tell him where it is and then proceed to reach around looking to grab something after being warned multiple times not to, you're probably going to get shot. The media keeps peddling more fake information so more people get shot because they continue to be ignorant of the correct protocol to follow if you legally carry a gun.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #484 on: June 22, 2017, 10:50:52 pm »
+2
did you see the live stream video?  It is traumatizing for me... I cant imagine the problems that little girl is going to have, I know there was a collection gathered to put his daughter through college but I have no doubt she will have trauma for the rest of her life. 

Some close friends of mine went to the protests at the governors mansion after it happened, they said all the trouble between protesters and cops was caused by anarchist types in bandanas and red/black flags who were using it to as another excuse to start shit with police when most of the other organizers were calling for nonviolent action.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:23 pm »
+1
did you see the live stream video?  It is traumatizing for me... I cant imagine the problems that little girl is going to have, I know there was a collection gathered to put his daughter through college but I have no doubt she will have trauma for the rest of her life. 

Some close friends of mine went to the protests at the governors mansion after it happened, they said all the trouble between protesters and cops was caused by anarchist types in bandanas and red/black flags who were using it to as another excuse to start shit with police when most of the other organizers were calling for nonviolent action.

Yea I saw the video and have also seen countless videos of officers being killed in the matter of seconds on routine stops. The cop should have immediately told him to keep his hands in clear view if he was that nervous about the weapon, the guy clearly did nothing wrong, but he didn't do everything right which was why the cop reacted like that. Whenever there is a weapon involved the situation is immediately escalated and if you don't 100% follow their instructions to specific detail you're putting yourself at risk.

I think it's a bad idea to gamble with the " I know my rights " stuff if you're ever in a situation like that and that's kind of narrative that the media is pushing that these people did nothing wrong, when it's not even about whether you did anything right or wrong it's about the immediate situation at hand and if you pose any % of risk to the officer, whether you intend to or not doesn't matter to the courts. You basically have no rights whatsoever during the immediate altercation because their discretion and assumptions temporarily override them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:50:15 am by Grytviken »

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2017, 05:36:16 pm »
Yea I saw the video and have also seen countless videos of officers being killed in the matter of seconds on routine stops. The cop should have immediately told him to keep his hands in clear view if he was that nervous about the weapon, the guy clearly did nothing wrong, but he didn't do everything right which was why the cop reacted like that. Whenever there is a weapon involved the situation is immediately escalated and if you don't 100% follow their instructions to specific detail you're putting yourself at risk.

I think it's a bad idea to gamble with the " I know my rights " stuff if you're ever in a situation like that and that's kind of narrative that the media is pushing that these people did nothing wrong, when it's not even about whether you did anything right or wrong it's about the immediate situation at hand and if you pose any % of risk to the officer, whether you intend to or not doesn't matter to the courts. You basically have no rights whatsoever during the immediate altercation because their discretion and assumptions temporarily override them.

You can't say the driver clearly did nothing wrong, because there is no video available of his actions in the car.  From what I could see from the dash cam video is a cop who felt this could be a bank robber suspect that he was stopping.  He is alerted to the person carrying a gun and from his perception the man starts moving his hands out of plain view to who knows where for who knows what purpose.  The cop has to make a split second decision.  My first impression was he over reacted  Then I thought, could he really afford to wait until seeing a weapon?  That may have been too late for him, his partner, or even the passengers.  Something turned that encounter from a polite, businesslike affair into life and death in an instant.  The jurors had a lot more information than the public has and they came back with a not guilty verdict.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2017, 03:23:56 am »
I'm just sick of having to have this conversation, what needs to happen so we don't have to hear about cops and civilians shooting each other every fucking week.

Also:  http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/weird/woman-pulls-gun-after-being-shorted-chicken-nugget/748201357 

TLDR, woman shorted a Micky D's chicken tendie pulls gun on drive through worker.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #489 on: June 24, 2017, 03:50:00 am »
Remove guns and weapons from the police like we do here in Sweden, of course that means that there are many situations where the cops are unable to handle situations at all. Also i guess its a bit of a different situation here.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #490 on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:25 am »
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 24, 2017, 06:00:28 am »
Yeah that would never happen despite how good it sounds.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2017, 06:46:55 am »
You can't say the driver clearly did nothing wrong, because there is no video available of his actions in the car.  From what I could see from the dash cam video is a cop who felt this could be a bank robber suspect that he was stopping.  He is alerted to the person carrying a gun and from his perception the man starts moving his hands out of plain view to who knows where for who knows what purpose.  The cop has to make a split second decision.  My first impression was he over reacted  Then I thought, could he really afford to wait until seeing a weapon?  That may have been too late for him, his partner, or even the passengers.  Something turned that encounter from a polite, businesslike affair into life and death in an instant.  The jurors had a lot more information than the public has and they came back with a not guilty verdict.

Disobeying a lawful order caused his death which is what mattered in the criminal court. Whether that lawful order was questionable is what they will determine when they sue the city in civil court for wrongful death and most likely win.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:51:22 am by Grytviken »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2017, 07:13:15 am »
Yeah that would never happen despite how good it sounds.

Its good and all, but when it gets to the point of stuff like this happening you start to wonder if they couldnt at least be armed with a tazer.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2017, 09:33:39 am »
Yeah thats true, with tasers each of those cops could gain at least 75 more Lbs and fit into American uniforms.