Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 67841 times)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: Meanwhile in USA
« Reply #420 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:54 pm »
http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/11/with-160-billion-merger-pfizer-moves-to-ireland-and-dodges-taxes/

A small Dublin-based drug company will technically buy the US-based pharmaceutical behemoth Pfizer.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2015, 09:00:52 am »
A Texas state legislator wants the U.S. to stop allowing Syrian refugees into the country. His reasoning: They might be able to buy guns in his state.
 :D So mighty logic :D
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/11/17/3722968/nra-texas-rep-no-syrians-gun-access/

31 State Governors don't want Syrian refugees in their states.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/
Taking in about 25,000 muslim Refugees from the middle east alone each year is just asking for trouble... If they came from a stable country where we could get background checks on them and they had a good source of records on themselves that would be one thing... But letting someone in with little more than a birth certificate is just asking for trouble. What's stopping ISIS posing as refugees to send a terrorist strike team into their most hated enemy country of infidels the U.S.A.? They should at least submit every refugee to a polygraph test and ask them specific set of questions to weed out potential terrorists, and they should speak english, and they should be able to pay for their own transportation and settling costs and begin paying taxes immediately. In most cases they don't do any of this.

It's like the taxpayers are paying to settle these people within the united states and give them jobs at not only a financial cost but a cost to the security of citizens.

Even if only 1 in 10,000 refugees supports isis... that's about 7 ISIS supporters getting settled in the US per year.
Hell even if every single refugee is a peaceful follower of islam that would never commit any terrorist attacks or support terrorism... that doesn't mean their children who they will have in the future in the U.S. won't get bullied and excluded from the normal public because of their ethnicity and then form radical ideas and commit terrorist attacks in return. That's basically how the majority of the most violent gangs inside the U.S. were created... immigrant's children banding together because they got picked on and then fucking with everyone else... Nostra Familia, MS-13, Bloods and Crips.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:05:50 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:57 am »
+1
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 26, 2015, 10:06:08 am »
I read CNN at least for headlines because they aren't slid under the Propagandist's Pen, but I subscribe to DC think tanks like CSIS Brookings etc on Youtube and BBC radio podcasts and watch PBS Frontline docs for honest analysis to not become retarded and think in memespeak.

I also read Salon.com daily for years for my Two Minutes Hate at the Communists like a Real American should lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 27, 2015, 11:13:59 pm »
Wow, just wow lol.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2015, 02:30:45 pm »
Wow, just wow lol.

has to be fake.  There is cooker pots all over the floor and she takes the one from a child, and then out of nowhere just starts pushing that lady.  There is no way that wasnt a setup.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2015, 02:40:12 pm »
+1
Even if it was not fake, I dont see how this would be a USA issue, this happens in all first world countries with big sales and big open markets.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2015, 03:00:35 pm »
+1
Do something similar really happen in other parts of Europe? I was, perhaps mistakenly, under the impression that this sort of sale frenzy (not the part with the kid particularly) was a predominantly American phenomenon. I've never seen anything like it here, everyone seems calm even on something like Black Friday.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2015, 03:24:19 pm »
Cant say this is more predominant in the USA or not, but I have definitely seen some comparable madness here in Europe. Going flat on the ground when hypermarket opens, and running to such or such aisle to get your toy first...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
I think we had similar episodes on some console launch days.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »
+1
Really goes to show how easily the thin veneer of civilization is stripped away.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2015, 01:21:47 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2015, 10:19:59 am »
+2
I ordered something online on black friday, where's the problem?  :D

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2015, 11:53:11 am »
Aren't they ashamed of themselves? If it was free food and they were some sort of beggars... Well, maybe they are. Mental beggars, that's it.