Author Topic: The problem with admins  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The problem with admins
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:38:05 pm »
Since i started a new character on this here mod, i've been noticing a lot of people complaining about injustice done on them by admins, unfair kicks/bans and the such.
Now what i'm thinking is why there seems to be so much trouble surrounding the cRPG admins, i have not noticed this many abuse threads, this much hate towards admins, and this much drama in the situation, in any other mod or server. Could it be the sheer popularity and the size of the playerbase of the mod? Could it be that the accused admins are actually to blame? Or is it something else? I'm just having trouble thinking of a reason.
I suppose it probably is the size of the mod, since no other warband community has this depth, except maybe for the PW mod, but i think they have admin troubles as well.. Hmm.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with admins
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:47:52 pm »
I haven't really heard of any admin abuse in a while now. What's up?
Don't.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »
Oh nothing, there just seems to be this pungent aura of admin staff corruption or something :/

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »
Well, in my experience it's always been more like the ceaseless griping of the minority of players who have trouble following the rules, since I've never seen any real evidence of any kind of wrongdoing. Some people are convinced that the admins are out to get them, but I don't know that they have a serious reason for it.

Whenever I've seen some kind of case argued instead of just snide remarks and insinuations made, the incident has without fail been the result of a player breaking rules and then objecting to being punished for it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:55:29 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:53:46 pm »
Abooooooze :!: :!:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:05:34 pm »
The thought that snowballed me into making this post is looking at the admin removal posts, especially the nuffen one(s).
I saw on some screenshot that he had a very casual and dismissive attitude towards reprimanding people for breaking the rules, although i suppose being an admin of a mod bigger than native does wear on you.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »
If you follow the rules you won't have any problems with admins. 

Some quick tips new people might not be aware of:

-Don't make racist comments or make racially charged characters
-Don't intentionally TK or teamhit.  Even if the other guy did it to you first, or he's your clanmate, or you were just kidding around
-Don't be a douche in chat and verbally attack other players
-Don't hack or exploit
-Don't stay in un-reachable areas when you're one of the last people left

Honestly all of this boils down to 1) use common sense and 2) don't be a dumb fuck.  It's surprising how many people can't seem to follow these rules or try to toe the line and then whine when an admin cracks down. 

Rarely but occasionally I've seen times when the punishment doesn't fit the crime, but I've never seen someone totally innocent get banned or kicked.  If you feel you've been wrongfully banned or whatever use the admin abuse forums.

Really though if you play the game as you normally would and don't go out of your way to make waves you should never have any admin troubles.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »
Since i started a new character on this here mod, i've been noticing a lot of people complaining about injustice done on them by admins, unfair kicks/bans and the such.
Now what i'm thinking is why there seems to be so much trouble surrounding the cRPG admins, i have not noticed this many abuse threads, this much hate towards admins, and this much drama in the situation, in any other mod or server. Could it be the sheer popularity and the size of the playerbase of the mod? Could it be that the accused admins are actually to blame? Or is it something else? I'm just having trouble thinking of a reason.
I suppose it probably is the size of the mod, since no other warband community has this depth, except maybe for the PW mod, but i think they have admin troubles as well.. Hmm.

Maybe you are new to the internet, there are alot of punks, douches, assholes, queers and retards.  All of which need regular admining to keep them inline.  Of course they're going to whine about it.

NA servers I play on have 0 issues with admins.  Infact most of the admins are too lenient in my opinion.

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
The NA admins are kinda notorious for being immature and unfair. They have been said to change maps to the ones they like. I personally have seen them favor ATS (usually they are in ATS) members and i have also seen many other immature actions on their parts, such as spamming the "so-and-so is using the such-and-such cheat" so that it fills up half of the screen with red text.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:42 pm »
If you follow the rules you won't have any problems with admins. 

Some quick tips new people might not be aware of:

-Don't make racist comments or make racially charged characters
-Don't intentionally TK or teamhit.  Even if the other guy did it to you first, or he's your clanmate, or you were just kidding around
-Don't be a douche in chat and verbally attack other players
-Don't hack or exploit
-Don't stay in un-reachable areas when you're one of the last people left

Honestly all of this boils down to 1) use common sense and 2) don't be a dumb fuck.  It's surprising how many people can't seem to follow these rules or try to toe the line and then whine when an admin cracks down. 

Rarely but occasionally I've seen times when the punishment doesn't fit the crime, but I've never seen someone totally innocent get banned or kicked.  If you feel you've been wrongfully banned or whatever use the admin abuse forums.

Really though if you play the game as you normally would and don't go out of your way to make waves you should never have any admin troubles.
Yes yes, i'm not new here.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:39:37 pm »
Ban Br0c for suggesting the admins are abusing their powers.

:lol:

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
Better yet, remove all the admins and kick/banpolls.
Just to see the COMPLETE AND UTTER CHAOOOSS

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 10:41:59 pm »
Funny how different people have completely different opinions.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:35 pm »
Funny how different people have completely different opinions.
How is that funny? Seems ordinary to me.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »
The thought that snowballed me into making this post is looking at the admin removal posts, especially the nuffen one(s).
I saw on some screenshot that he had a very casual and dismissive attitude towards reprimanding people for breaking the rules, although i suppose being an admin of a mod bigger than native does wear on you.

Very casual and dismissive attitude?
Could you please be more concrete, maybe give some examples?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:01:10 pm by nuffen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login