Author Topic: 0.3.3.5  (Read 28494 times)

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
Re: 0.3.3.5
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2014, 10:29:35 pm »
+3
Boar spear is a pretty interesting sidearm now, kind of like a mix between a war spear and iron staff with better equipment flexibility.

But soooooooo ugly.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »
Bow and Longbow and Rus Bow (possibly Yumi. I've never used it) have a delay as well. I see no reason to remove it from the bows so why removed it from the xbows? Remove the preconceived notion of it being a gun that fires the moment you pull the trigger.

I actually have never played an archer, so I didn't know that.  And yes, I know to compensate for the delay. My problem is when delay prevents firing on an oncoming cav right after reloading.  Both Xbowmen AND Archers should be able to drop the shot as soon as the projectile is primed, not stand there while the cav knocks them over before they get a chance to fire due to delay.  Both crossbows and bows have a natural delay: the time it takes to raise the weapon to shoulder or to draw back the bow. 

Here is why your gun thing makes no sense to me: the primitive locking system of a medieval crossbow was a drop-away block..  So the greater tension of the string would tend to drop the block faster.  That it would delay as long as it is has nothing to do with the lack of springs and firing pins.  For the record, bow delay makes EVEN LESS SENSE.  As if a trained archer can't release his fingers when he intends to, but rather .5 sec later. 

Just state: I believe the delay is still needed for balance.  Don't make up horseshit about "preconceived notions."

Here is a short video about medieval crossbows. He reloads and fires a 200LB Xbow at 0:40.  It looks just the same as a rifle with a two-stage trigger, he pulls it slowly so that he gets a clean break for maximum accuracy, but he could choose to sharply pull the trigger if something is very close. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxN0FZkYk78

I understand that these historical/physics based arguments will not sway the CRPG developers.  That doesn't mean I am wrong. 

And regardless of the physics, I believe the delay is too long as-is, and is beyond what is required for balance in a skill-based game. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:59:34 pm by Waylit »

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:54 pm »
+1
Langes Messer is shorter than 100.  :lol:

langes is 92 and hbs is 105 so i dont think 13 cm or 13 inch could make a huge difference to stop and horse =p
or just put a normal stab animation to langes messer ? =p

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 11:39:46 pm »
+3
I think that Crossbowmen need a full respec, given the massive changes to their builds.  Those of you who do not play that class won't understand why these changes may require a complete rethink of their skill points.
I am level 32, and wasn't planning on a respec any time soon.  My build was:

15/27, MW Arbalest, 9Ath 7WM 5PS,  (yes, y'all hated it).

Now with the mini respec. I have 15/25 8Ath 7WM 5PS, with 3 attribute points, 1 skill, left over.  I would really like to continue using my MW Arbalest, so I would go 18/25 8Ath 7WM 6PS.  But wait 25 agi is meaningless, especially at lvl 32.  So what I would actually like to do would be 18/24  8Ath 8WM 6PS +1 spare skill. 

Listen, I know all you melee focused people just HATE ranged, but put yourself in our shoes.  Would you like to lose your 31+ level because of a major patch? Probably not. 

It is not as if allowing respecs hurts the game:  they have been done many times in the past.  And when your class gets fucked? I'll support your getting a free respec that I do not.

Also, with new changes can we please just remove the ridiculous delay from the Arbalest?  It literally makes no sense beyond handicapping the weapon.  Now you've lowered our Ath, I'd like to think that is a more reasonable game balance of the Run and Gun than having to make it harder for the player.  What happens more than delay preventing a run and gun is that it makes it harder for me to deal with oncoming cav if I don't run around with my xbow aimed like this is a modern shooter. 

-chinaserf1

I hear what you're saying, but you're lucky they even gave you a mini-respec.  Considering all the difficulty and strength requirement changes over the years that have happened without total or mini free respecs.  I would be in favor of a full respec, but it should be given to everyone then to be fair (which ain't happening).

I still think you need to consider yourself lucky that you don't need to invest skill points into using your arbalest.  You wouldn't have those attributes/skills if you were using a Long Bow or Rus Bow or Yumi (which also require 18 strength investment, but on top of that, require 6 skill points into Power Draw). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2014, 02:09:55 am »
+1
Tydeus: Fixed Valour.
Looks like Tydeus took the hint(look at names).

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 02:19:44 am »
Looks like Tydeus took the hint(look at names).

I went 45-15 and it only gave me a 5 rating...
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Kwai

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 02:23:33 am »

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:15 am »
+7
Anyone looking for a +3 Knightly Kite Shield? I can't use mine for another 17 million XP now.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2014, 03:44:53 am »
Oh this mini respec is why I now have 3 attribute points/2 skill points? I was wondering why I was 18/21 now.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2014, 05:47:53 am »
I actually have never played an archer, so I didn't know that.  And yes, I know to compensate for the delay. My problem is when delay prevents firing on an oncoming cav right after reloading.  Both Xbowmen AND Archers should be able to drop the shot as soon as the projectile is primed, not stand there while the cav knocks them over before they get a chance to fire due to delay.  Both crossbows and bows have a natural delay: the time it takes to raise the weapon to shoulder or to draw back the bow. 

Here is why your gun thing makes no sense to me: the primitive locking system of a medieval crossbow was a drop-away block..  So the greater tension of the string would tend to drop the block faster.  That it would delay as long as it is has nothing to do with the lack of springs and firing pins.  For the record, bow delay makes EVEN LESS SENSE.  As if a trained archer can't release his fingers when he intends to, but rather .5 sec later. 

Just state: I believe the delay is still needed for balance.  Don't make up horseshit about "preconceived notions."

Here is a short video about medieval crossbows. He reloads and fires a 200LB Xbow at 0:40.  It looks just the same as a rifle with a two-stage trigger, he pulls it slowly so that he gets a clean break for maximum accuracy, but he could choose to sharply pull the trigger if something is very close. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxN0FZkYk78

I understand that these historical/physics based arguments will not sway the CRPG developers.  That doesn't mean I am wrong. 

And regardless of the physics, I believe the delay is too long as-is, and is beyond what is required for balance in a skill-based game.

I was referring to shooter games, not real life. Sorry I didn't clarify. I know how a crossbow works, but thanks for the interesting video. I don't really give two shits about realism in the game though. I do agree with you, the delay is there for balancing reasons. If you think the delay is needed for balance, then why ask for it to be removed in the first place?

If you are gen 7 or higher, getting to level 32 isn't all that bad. I haven't been on as much the last week, and I'm already almost to level 32 as gen 8. Retire, enjoy the two looms, cause those looms are more beneficial than they used to be, and regrind. Now if you're a lower gen, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to respec/retire. I also can't imagine how long you would have to grind to get there as a low gen either.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2014, 10:20:38 am »
+2
Anyone looking for a +3 Knightly Kite Shield? I can't use mine for another 17 million XP now.

Nobody wants that shit anymore.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2014, 11:56:21 am »
+1
What the heck with that crossbowmen nonsense ? 18 str for a damn arbalest.. srlsy ? Then give me at least a full respec.. You fu**ed up my build.. Good game a**holes..
We all demand full respec as crossbow users.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »
+6
ahhhh xbow tears at last, mmm they are just delicious

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2014, 02:46:21 pm »
+5
A much needed nerf to xbows.  Grade A patch.  Finally!

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »
+3
give me respec also, nuw i cant wear my shield !
sounds fair, isn't?