Author Topic: Strategus Cardinal Sins  (Read 816 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Strategus Cardinal Sins
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:03 pm »
+22
there are a few things within Strategus, not game mechanics but humans mechanics which drive me nuts.

Top 3 cardinal sins , of donts, of do not do this shit ... ever and if you have people like that then mute them for life, ban them from ts, hack their computers and delete their cRPG accounts, if you dont shut them up they lose your battles before they have even started.

so here we go

1) people laying the undertone for a battle in a bad way, like before the battle even started, in form from "we cant win this", "they are too strong", "we have less people OMG", "our gear is crap" establishing a bad moral for the battle from the start and it is spreading like an infactious desease.
If you cant spread fun, if you cant reformulate the dark truths into something joyfull, then better stfu.

2) complaining about not getting enough people for the roster and then either not doing their own roster at all or not in time like in the briefing described(or not even having a briefing description filled out). You guys are the real nubs.

3) Shouting at people who attend your battle, because of others dont, so you end up in the next battle with even less applicants ^^ wonder why.

You could think these are nobrainers, still i see them happening every strategus over and over again.
When i see that shit i want to shout myself at people for not getting it into their heads that this is what creates the mindset for bad battles, not only from a k/d ratio, but also from the atmosphere, even if you win those battles, they are not kept in mind as a nice experience. I had lost a hundred times with shity gear, aslong the commander and the participants were able to take some fun out of it, which often they did, then it was a good battle. I still remember my first village defense of Ayyike in strat 2.0 Damn i had a wonderfull battle plan :) and everyone gave his best, yes we lost, but it still stays in my mind as one of my alltime favorites, where we defended in the end with naked tickets and with the gear of the dead till the last ticket was used up.
-Never ever give up-

Also something i have to tell myself at times, lighten the fuck up, but still do your basics in an orderly way. Even though winning may not seem as an option, (as noone would have forseen that coming  :lol:), try at least to make defeats as joyfull as possible. I cant stand anymore these superserious battles, this is also in my eyes one of the reasons people are often not applying. If you spread a bad mood, pfff perhaps even shout at them or insult them ... that this even needs to be pointed out ... mindboggling ...  makes me think i would be the only sane person left on earth  :shock:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:24:50 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
Re: Strategus Cardinal Sins
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:23:02 pm »
Great way to keep strat a bit more fun. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:19:33 pm »
+1
We can't win this, they are too strong, we have less people OMG, our gear is crap.

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:31:34 am »
We can't win this, they are too strong, we have less people OMG, our gear is crap.

...not to forget "you're all inbreds!"
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:36:04 am »
Kinn I think you'd enjoy Dota

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 05:18:30 am »
+3
This is why Knights who say Ni stopped going to one of our allied clan battles (Templars was it? cant remember) because one of their guys who was leading the battle asked us to bring ladders in one of the sieges and when we brought the ladders to the walls and asked him what are we supposed to do with them he just started shouting to stfu and that we are noobs for taking his ladders (he actually did it several times), so we were like what? fuck this shit Im out....

People dont realize we dont have to be there, we dont have to help, thats why you either have to have a very big clan or you actually have to be friendly to enough people on strat to get your rosters filled, going to their battles and stuff.

On the other hand people going to other ones battle should expect to fall under command of the guy doing the roster, because just going to the battle does not help itself, you can join 10 battles a day and still have everyone hate you simply because your participation in the battle does not in any way contribute to the victory of your side. For example dont expect the commander to be nice to you if you dont listen to his orders and just run into the enemies or go AFK right at the beginning.

When I was commanding one of the capital cities defence with randomers few weeks ago (last week I think) I was cheering everyone up, giving commands for the different sides to cover and when ppl didnt listen, I just called them stupid cunts and suddenly everyone was reading the commands again  :lol: Its the sugar and whip, sometimes ppl need the whip for a second to realize this is a teamwork battle, not a K/D hunt. The sugar then makes them feel appreciated for their teamwork which definitely boosts their performance. And we actually won since everyone united and we were all working as a team (apart from some asshole that kept opening the gate). At the beginning we were winning by 200 tickets, we got to the point where we were losing by 20 tickets but since everyone was excellent in their roles (poles destroying ladders, axemen destroying siege tower from the roof, archers shooting CSs and forward spawn, shielders splitting enemies into smaller groups and covering the spaces in the walls) we won with 260 more tickets and I must say it was one of the most epic defences for me :)
Long story short if you make sure you are enjoying the game, you are most likely making it enjoyable for the others as well, if you feel frustrated about the progress of the battle and you are leading, you should man up and take the responsibility for your team, in the end it was you who has done the roll call, who has chosen the players in your team and it was you, who was supposed to be leading them and if you feel like they were not doing their best to win the battle, you can simply choose not to invite them for your next battles.

On the other hand guys it is not the K/D that makes you the heroes of the battlefield, it is the fact that you can all act like one, cover each other, listen to orders and most definitely being a valuable part of the team, e.g. if youre a pikeman and you go 3 v 1 guy and you hear a horse nearby you dont chase that one kill for your score board, you look around and possibly prevent any cav from charging your group.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 11:46:37 am »
Very reasonable post. Kinngrimm + 1.
Teamwork, teamwork and once again teamwork. If you see that you have bad day ( ping, fps or whatever ) be caddy for your teammates but never go afk or ban for ages!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:44 pm »
+6
. If you see that you have bad day ( ping, fips or whatever ) be caddy for your teammates but never go afk or ban for ages!

Fixed, couldn't resist.