Author Topic: Possible Character Restore?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Walkaveli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Possible Character Restore?
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:50:35 pm »
Hi,

the other day i left c-rpg webpage on when i left to go to the 7-11 and my girlfriend deleted my character because apparently i spend too much time playing the game.  I was really hoping some admin could be so kind as to restore my character because i was nearly generation 3 and dont have the time to grind back to where i was.

Thanks alot

character name Walka

Offline HELM

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Character Restore?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:56:48 pm »
lol, people try this story in MMORPG's all the time.
If you ae being truthfull, then maybe you should take a hint from your GF?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »
May be you should have not give your password to your gf...

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »
If you ae being truthfull, then maybe you should take a hint from your GF?

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:15:55 pm »
May be you should have not give your password to your gf...
the other day i left c-rpg webpage on when i left to go to the 7-11

Maybe your character would be restored if you promise to spend more time with your loved ones.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:18:54 pm »
I know it's off topic, but you should coach your girlfriend about boundries. If she doesn't get it tell her to go see a psicologist, if she wont, dump her.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 05:26:04 pm »
Hi,

the other day i left c-rpg webpage on when i left to go to the 7-11 and my girlfriend deleted my character because apparently i spend too much time playing the game.

Restoring your game is the least of your concerns right now.

Things like this are not done on a whim, and this is a semi-significant event at the least in your relationship.

If your girlfriend deleted your character then you have a problem, one of two.
The first possible problem is that she cares little for video games and does not think you should be spending any appreciable amount of time playing them, in which case dump her for not supporting your hobby or have a very serious talk (talk like the adults you are, no argueing, just try and see each other's points and views in a calm fashion).

The second possible problem (of which I am highly suspicious this is the one) is that you have been ignoring her or spending an unhealthy amount of time on this. How much time do you spend playing this per week, and how much time do you spend with her? How often do you "blow off" time with her when she asks for you to play this game instead?

This can be difficult for many men to fully appreciate, but while the top emotional concern for most men has been found that they value being respected, for women it has been found that this is a value of being loved. Being ignored for a video game can be understandable at times, but if this happens consistently then she will develop a problem very quickly (and rather understandable). She needs visible signs of your affection ("Oh, she knows that I love her" does not cut it, sorry), and you also need to make sure that you are not ignoring important real life duties as well (such as not taking out the kitchen garbage because you want to play another hour of siege, and forgetting to feed the dog as well or making a grocery run).

One of the most important parts of a relationship is Communication. You need to be able, and completely willing, to communicate with each other on a regular basis. You need to be able to address issues as the arise, not save them till later or keep them bundled up isnide of you until one of you rips the other person's head off.

Her deleting your character is an obvious sign of a communication problem. You need to talk to her, resolve why this happened in a respectful manner (don't raise your voice no matter what she does, keep yourself calm and to try to understand your point of view, and remember for the love of god that being right is not important, solving issues is what is important. Which is more important, being right 100% of the time or being with your girl? Sometimes she bites the bullet for you, so return the favor).

So in conclusion:
Stop posting on this forum and playing this game until you completely resolve this issue with your GF, who is either a nutcase, or pissed off at you, either way fix it. She is vastly more important then this game, and either way she is going to be even more ticked that you are spending time trying to "get back your character" then actually talking to her.

You also need to have a talk with her about "not crossing a line" and personal boundaries.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:31:42 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:25:27 am by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 05:39:42 pm »
Varric, i was thinking that you need to confirm with your password to delete a char, seems i was mistaking.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:42:16 pm »
This thread makes me glad that i'm 13.

Offline Walkaveli

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 06:27:46 pm »
Restoring your game is the least of your concerns right now.

Things like this are not done on a whim, and this is a semi-significant event at the least in your relationship.

If your girlfriend deleted your character then you have a problem, one of two.
The first possible problem is that she cares little for video games and does not think you should be spending any appreciable amount of time playing them, in which case dump her for not supporting your hobby or have a very serious talk (talk like the adults you are, no argueing, just try and see each other's points and views in a calm fashion).

The second possible problem (of which I am highly suspicious this is the one) is that you have been ignoring her or spending an unhealthy amount of time on this. How much time do you spend playing this per week, and how much time do you spend with her? How often do you "blow off" time with her when she asks for you to play this game instead?

This can be difficult for many men to fully appreciate, but while the top emotional concern for most men has been found that they value being respected, for women it has been found that this is a value of being loved. Being ignored for a video game can be understandable at times, but if this happens consistently then she will develop a problem very quickly (and rather understandable). She needs visible signs of your affection ("Oh, she knows that I love her" does not cut it, sorry), and you also need to make sure that you are not ignoring important real life duties as well (such as not taking out the kitchen garbage because you want to play another hour of siege, and forgetting to feed the dog as well or making a grocery run).

One of the most important parts of a relationship is Communication. You need to be able, and completely willing, to communicate with each other on a regular basis. You need to be able to address issues as the arise, not save them till later or keep them bundled up isnide of you until one of you rips the other person's head off.

Her deleting your character is an obvious sign of a communication problem. You need to talk to her, resolve why this happened in a respectful manner (don't raise your voice no matter what she does, keep yourself calm and to try to understand your point of view, and remember for the love of god that being right is not important, solving issues is what is important. Which is more important, being right 100% of the time or being with your girl? Sometimes she bites the bullet for you, so return the favor).

So in conclusion:
Stop posting on this forum and playing this game until you completely resolve this issue with your GF, who is either a nutcase, or pissed off at you, either way fix it. She is vastly more important then this game, and either way she is going to be even more ticked that you are spending time trying to "get back your character" then actually talking to her.

You also need to have a talk with her about "not crossing a line" and personal boundaries.

I work 40 hours a week, and I play for about an hour a day each night to relieve some stress.  I don't think that's an obsessive use of my spare time.  I spend much more time with her than I spend time on this game.  However, as someone who never grew up playing video games she cannot relate to the reasoning as to why i spend roughly 7 hours a week playing the game.  Instead she would rather we spend the hour watching TV together than playing CRPG which i have suggested as something we could do together.

I have talked to her and she is apologetic because she did it out of frustration and did not know the full result of a deleted character equaling to a posibility of me losing countless hours of work.

Thank you for the advice

Varric, i was thinking that you need to confirm with your password to delete a char, seems i was mistaking.

I also trusted her with my password (email facebook crpg) which is additionally all the same.

However, if i can get this character restored then i will most certainly keep my password from her

Offline Poop_DOG

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Official Poop_DOG Video.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 06:34:47 pm »
The solution to this is very simple. 

You will want to get two (2) wire clothing hangers.  You will need to untwist the hangers so they are just long pieces of flat metal.  You then twist those two pieces of metal together.  You now have your very own "pimp stick."  You then will use this stick to keep your woman in line whenever she deletes your char, talks back, wont give you your money, or in any other situation in which she become insubordinate.

Problem solved.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:12:46 pm by Poop_DOG »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »
Funny we are getting all these threads again "girlfriend ( son, brother or dog ) deleted my character" after the 'Skip the Fun' feature just came out, what a co-incidence.

Learn to take more time to read things in the future.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:47 am »
Sounds like a high maintenance jealous crazy unstable psychotic immature bitch.  I would kick her to the curb immediately.

If you have a job and support yourself, you can game as much as you damn well fucking please.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:19 am »
why not just restore the character? is it that big of a deal for the devs?