Author Topic: Eastern Horse - buff or rebalance stats?  (Read 1767 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Eastern Horse - buff or rebalance stats?
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:06:23 am »
+21
Eastern horse has so many reasons for no one to ever use it. First of all, the eastern horse has a difficulty requirement of 8 riding. Hardly anyone levels riding skill up this high. Only dedicated horse archer/xbow or dedicated light cav can even use  this horse. It is the only item in the game that requires 24 of a stat and 8 points in a skill to use.

The eastern horse has speed and maneuver stats that look tempting. However, there's no reason for light cav to pick it over a courser - speed bonus is king when you are couching or lancing. The arabian horse is slightly cheaper with 4 more maneuver and 3 less speed. Seems like a viable choice... but then you look at the other stats. Less HP and less armor than a fucking sumpter horse. Less charge damage than a rouncey. It is so weak that it will die when you look at it wrong. The donkey has equal HP and 1 less armor.

Should the eastern horse be buffed? Even with better stats, I doubt that would convince people to go for a build with 8 riding. For the vast majority of the population, this horse isn't even possible to use. Maybe reducing the riding cost to 6 or 7 and tweaking other stats to bring it up to parity with the arabian? Overbuffing could lead to HA supremacy, but I think that it should be reworked into an equal alternative of the arabian horse.

As it stands now, the eastern horse is never used. It fills no niche role. The only thing it's good at is dieing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Eastern Horse - buff or rebalance stats?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:43:54 am »
I agree that the eastern horse and arabian are too different, but the problem imo is not that the eastern is bad, but rather than the fairy pony (gayrabian) is fucking bullcrap. Nerf them both!
Also, fucking cav OP

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:54:29 am »
+12

From NA card thread
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:58:34 am »
+1
If it is UP then nerf the others until it is no longer UP
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:15 pm »
Give it c4 so you can ride it into someone and blow it up.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:05:09 pm »
Give it c4 so you can ride it into someone and blow it up.

It already has the wings, just give them a hitbox and damage value of 55c. http://imageshack.com/a/img850/2013/wingsb.png

On a more serious note, fix the damn model and then fix the darn stats or just remove it from the game and add one of those DaveUKR's horses. Right now the Eastern Horse has a model that has partial plate armor, but the same armor value as a donkey.. 44 speed, 44 maneuver would be pretty nice option imo, but it has to have at least the same armor value as the Arabian Gokart.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:24:49 pm »
+1
Should rebalance as a 7 riding horse.  Arabian is best horse in game (on battle servers) IMO, but it's still not worth it to go 7 riding.  I can't imagine any fool going 8 riding (unless they are horse crossbow, but even then I'd still use the arabian). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 12:13:33 am »
+4
One thing is extremely funny, it costs more than arabian. The horse requirement is irrelevant, as it's a shittier and more expensive horse already.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 06:40:26 am »
+2
it will never happen, you can beg and grovel all you want, i did it, and they never did shit.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/eastern-horsez!/

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 08:27:46 am »
+1
while i say the arabian ist too strong, the eastern horse is by far to weak. At least it should be cheaper with this stats

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:28 am »
+7
It could have better armour, HP, charge, and make it cheaper, and it still fit within balance.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 04:13:31 am »
+3
it will never happen, you can beg and grovel all you want, i did it, and they never did shit.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/eastern-horsez!/

I can't remember if Tydeus was doing item balance by then, but I think he wasn't yet. Between him and San, I feel that bringing up old issues that haven't been addressed is worth it again.

Does anyone use an eastern horse at all, ever? I haven't seen one in-game for months.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 04:15:29 am »
+1
I can't remember if Tydeus was doing item balance by then, but I think he wasn't yet. Between him and San, I feel that bringing up old issues that haven't been addressed is worth it again.

Does anyone use an eastern horse at all, ever? I haven't seen one in-game for months.

Pretty sure the horse stats was Tydeus in the first place, who thought better stats would make it overpowered, and figured it would be the best horse in the game. Battle server reality showed that its simply never used ever because its too weak and requirements too high, but it hasn't been rebalanced since.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 02:08:38 pm »
+2

yes he was, but when i presented the issue, though he might have been trolling, he claimed it was too good and needed a nerf if anything.

I think im probably one of the only players who uses/used it on the NA servers, and as far as im aware, there are only 3 people who own a +3 eastern, Mcdeath, Sdzkfln, and myself.  Those two only use it to be an annoying HX.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »
+3
yes he was, but when i presented the issue, though he might have been trolling, he claimed it was too good and needed a nerf if anything.

I think im probably one of the only players who uses/used it on the NA servers, and as far as im aware, there are only 3 people who own a +3 eastern, Mcdeath, Sdzkfln, and myself.  Those two only use it to be an annoying HX.

To be fair sdfjkln has nearly ever horse in the game loomed. Our clan stables are bitchin.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"