Author Topic: Halfswording: WPF??  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Halfswording: WPF??
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:27 am »
Please can a) chadz or b) cmp or someone on dev/admin side of things tell me, since I have heard very different things:

HALFSWORDING: Great addition to 2h swords, allows horsestop and backstabbing tincans, BUT: When IN halfsword mode, is the weapon dmg/swingspeed affected by 2Handed wpf, or Polearms wpf?? Please, if you know, tell, if you just have conjecture, save it 'till after a real response, please?

EDIT: I mainly want to know so I can decide wether to keep sinking points into 2h, or have some pole wpf for this mode on my Longsword.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:41:59 am by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Halfswording: WPF??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:47:44 am »
In polearm mode, it uses polearm proficiency. In 2h mode it uses 2h proficiency.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:53:11 am »
Personally I think putting points into polearms is a waste if you don't intend on carrying a dedicated polearm or carry only throwing lances.  The half swording is pretty much strictly for stopping horses, and I don't think a faster strike will make you much more effective for that.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:16 am »
I don't think it would be useful to point points into the polearm WPF. Just keep it in the two-handed.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:48:02 am »
Thanks for replies, I hope the consensus is correct: Polearms WPF during halfswording!

I am putting points into it because: I use a longsword, and when faced by very thick mail/plate armour, the added Puncture dmg can really help, especially for a running backstab on a tincan, so if I can do it faster, harder, surely this is good? Also, Halfswording really helps in very tight areas on siege mode.....

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:01:11 am »
Can the longsword halfsword? Either way, I don't think it would be worth it. What's the maximum amount of points you're looking to put into it? I don't think it'd be worth it if you don't have at least 100 in each, and that would mean a very high level.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 06:05:04 am »
I wouldnt do it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 08:01:09 am »
well, realistic max now is 150 wpf, and u can have that b4 level 20, so u can get 2h to 130, polearms to 100 or so

EDIT: Yes Longsword can halfsword, only 2h that CANT are Katana and Nodachi, maybe the broken sword can, I aint tried it. By the broken sword, I mean the one with a mesh at the max range that DOESNT collide with blocks, but DOES collide with body hitboxes, the Flamberge
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:02:43 am by Grey »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 08:08:48 am »
BUMP: Am now lvl 24 now, got 130 2h wpf, 63 polearms wpf, it DOES seem to help halfswording, and having 2 weapons in "swiss army sword" is a good thing, in my view: Also its a new toy, halfswording, so intend to play it untill bored, and well, it works! Big plate guys, see the longsword, prepare for a 2h swordfight, then at last sec I press X, rush in and stab them with 30p dmg, plus PS 6, so whatever that is, must be close to 70 once u add the speed bonus of me running into them, and them running into the sword....

w/e the dmg is, it makes 'em back off, gives me time to press X again and smash them around, either overhead, or max range sideswing. Or stay in halfsword and hug + stab, add a few swings in halfsword mode, rinse and repeat.

Oh and guys in black llamellar (that item is more seen than crossbows now) meet the halfsword stab and drop dead, almost every single one, 1 hit. Now if I could only convince Thomek to run into it....but hes too canny, he runs off killing folks, then turns and throws a headshot javelin from 200 yards, caps the flag, saves the girl, makes love to a wild horse and rides off into the sunset as the end credits roll down the screen.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:12:01 am by Grey »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 08:37:00 am »
it. Now if I could only convince Thomek to run into it....but hes too canny, he runs off killing folks, then turns and throws a headshot javelin from 200 yards, caps the flag, saves the girl, makes love to a wild horse and rides off into the sunset as the end credits roll down the screen.

LMAO!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 08:39:05 am »
Forget about it.

You thrusting your sword in X ways into ME? Are you curious how it works? Shall i bring you to the wild horses and show you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 10:57:52 am »
Halfswording comes along well with the new increased wpf costs. So instead of investing heavily to get some more 2h points one can just bring up polearm to an acceptable level. This allows 2h/polearm hybrids, which then can even use a 2ndary pike with bigger efficiency. I'm thinking about of giving more 1h weapons a 2h alt mode , like "Langes Messer" is now. This will give more room for 1h/2h hybrids.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:59:58 am by Paul »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »
+1
I'm thinking about of giving more 1h weapons a 2h alt mode , like "Langes Messer" is now. This will give more room for 1h/2h hybrids.

Go with my idea: The smaller swords (shorter) should have the X function of throwing, would be great to chuck your sword at runners
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:13:06 pm by Grey »

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:15:47 pm »
I want to use the cudgel with two hands.

Furthermore, I would like to be able to pull my butchering knife from my belt and throw it at peasants.

Offline Ardean

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan MacMillan
  • Game nicks: John_McMillan
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 07:18:00 pm »
And using the katana and bastard sword(s) with only one hand, without a shield? :)