Author Topic: Romance of the Three Kingdom fans :P  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
Romance of the Three Kingdom fans :P
« on: March 23, 2014, 02:24:17 am »
+4
LuBu
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:29:48 am by Tiger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Romance of the Three Kingdom fans :P
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:31:34 am »
+2
well when i read the title, i assumed this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 03:02:35 am »
+2
How is that game? I've only tried ROTK 11
and I've also watched the 1994 + 2010 series o.o
well when i read the title, i assumed this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:47:19 am »
+2
How is that game? I've only tried ROTK 11
and I've also watched the 1994 + 2010 series o.o

well you see to play it, i have to blow into the bottom of the cartridge about a hundred times, then keep pushing the reset button on the snes until it finally starts.  Then it goes full out super stratego game on you and doesnt tell you shit about what the hell is going on, like all typical old games.  Then locusts come and eat all your damn crops and a hurricane breaks all your dams.  When you are fighting another unit, your attack noise is this weird blipping noise which i cant recreate, oh and you start a lot of fires when fighting people.  Good advice is to never run out of rice, or you will lose, very quickly, oh and its better to have 100 weapons then it is to have 100 soldiers, apparently 1 asian man fights with 100 spears and swords at once and can shit all over 100 men single handed.

this video of the fighting explains how the fights occurred when you attacked or defended, the units were on the squares with the numbers representing the units strength.  It had weather effects, feeding your troops, and keeping your officers loyalty during battles, as well as duals in the beginning to weaken a side, or make them halt altogether.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:56:15 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:16:15 am »
+1
Too old school for me xD
Once enemy gets too many troops, it's like stalemate for me I can't get pass them =[
This video just shows how much better compared to your ROTK 2 xD

But I wish there was a ROTK game like the Total War Series
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:19:47 am by Tiger »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 06:21:32 am »
+3
well you see to play it, i have to blow into the bottom of the cartridge about a hundred times, then keep pushing the reset button on the snes until it finally starts.  Then it goes full out super stratego game on you and doesnt tell you shit about what the hell is going on, like all typical old games.  Then locusts come and eat all your damn crops and a hurricane breaks all your dams.  When you are fighting another unit, your attack noise is this weird blipping noise which i cant recreate, oh and you start a lot of fires when fighting people.  Good advice is to never run out of rice, or you will lose, very quickly, oh and its better to have 100 weapons then it is to have 100 soldiers, apparently 1 asian man fights with 100 spears and swords at once and can shit all over 100 men single handed.

this video of the fighting explains how the fights occurred when you attacked or defended, the units were on the squares with the numbers representing the units strength.  It had weather effects, feeding your troops, and keeping your officers loyalty during battles, as well as duals in the beginning to weaken a side, or make them halt altogether.

I was totally addicted to Nobunaga's Ambition.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:28 am »
Do you guys know any games similar to these?  :)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 02:29:03 am »
+1
Too old school for me xD
Once enemy gets too many troops, it's like stalemate for me I can't get pass them =[
This video just shows how much better compared to your ROTK 2 xD

But I wish there was a ROTK game like the Total War Series

fucks sake 11!   11!!!

man all asian games are like the dynasty warriors series, they roll that crap out till it cant go any more.  I'd give Rotk another go on a later platform, im sure its all the same concept, just improved.  Im not sure how old you are, but considering i played rotk when i was like 9 years old, i was but a child playing a rather difficult game.  I still play on my snes from time to time, which is hilarious, i love that it still works over 20 years later, yet my poor xbox 360 is on its 6th life, poor thing goes just about every year!  This last ones lasted about 4 years now, which is a plus, though i barely play it now(probably what has given its longevity).

I was totally addicted to Nobunaga's Ambition.

id never heard of it, though id give it a go if i could find it, which system was it on? nes? snes?  let me know and ill go pick it up and rack my brain on it if you say its worth it.

Do you guys know any games similar to these?  :)

according on the platform, and what you are looking for, i can help with stuff.  I have a lot of oldie goldie games on old systems.  what are you looking for? turn based strategy?

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 03:14:22 am »
Mmmm I don't really play Dynasty Warriors, because it feels unrealistic to me. Even the looks of the characters and everything. 

For the other games that are similar, I suppose it can be turn based like this, maybe I'll get into it another time whenever I have time, which is probably never xD

fucks sake 11!   11!!!

man all asian games are like the dynasty warriors series, they roll that crap out till it cant go any more.  I'd give Rotk another go on a later platform, im sure its all the same concept, just improved.  Im not sure how old you are, but considering i played rotk when i was like 9 years old, i was but a child playing a rather difficult game.  I still play on my snes from time to time, which is hilarious, i love that it still works over 20 years later, yet my poor xbox 360 is on its 6th life, poor thing goes just about every year!  This last ones lasted about 4 years now, which is a plus, though i barely play it now(probably what has given its longevity).

according on the platform, and what you are looking for, i can help with stuff.  I have a lot of oldie goldie games on old systems.  what are you looking for? turn based strategy?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 04:51:36 am »
+1
id never heard of it, though id give it a go if i could find it, which system was it on? nes? snes?  let me know and ill go pick it up and rack my brain on it if you say its worth it.

NES and SNES

http://coolrom.com/roms/nes/3920/Nobunaga%27s_Ambition.php
http://coolrom.com/roms/nes/3668/Nobunaga%27s_Ambition_2.php#
Apparently on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nobunagas-ambition/id383307693?mt=8
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 02:19:59 pm »
NES and SNES

http://coolrom.com/roms/nes/3920/Nobunaga%27s_Ambition.php
http://coolrom.com/roms/nes/3668/Nobunaga%27s_Ambition_2.php#
Apparently on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nobunagas-ambition/id383307693?mt=8

i read that they released the old snes versions of both Rotk, and Nobunaga's ambition on the app stores, which is pretty neat id say.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 644
  • Infamy: 1441
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »
+2
I still play on my snes from time to time, which is hilarious, i love that it still works over 20 years later, yet my poor xbox 360 is on its 6th life, poor thing goes just about every year!  This last ones lasted about 4 years now, which is a plus, though i barely play it now(probably what has given its longevity).

Unrelated to topic but what you mentioned there is happening because manufacturers changed their business model. Before, they competed for customers trying to provide best possible product. But after few decades they realized that customers won't buy their products if they keep making them durable. Also price drops contributed to this.

These days it's about mass production and selling as much as possible. And it's accellerating to a point where I believe we won't choose to buy stuff anymore, we'll rent it instead because it pays off more.

This isn't plaguing just cheap products. Do you know that those pricey LG OLED TVs lose half of their brightness over 3-5 years period? And while you could change backlight on your old LED or CCFL TV, in this case you'll have to send it back to factory and pay for it because every year warranty becomes shorter and they even raise the amount you have to pay for prolonged warranty.

In North Korea common people don't own anything because it's forced on them. Nothing won't be forced on us, they'll make it look like natural disasters (those famous floods in Asian factories) and present it to you as a choice of yours. But in the end, we won't own anything in near future just like commie Koreans today.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 03:26:25 pm »
+2
The best ROTK is X followed closely by VIII.  X for the single player experience.  VIII for the multiplayer option.  Both are amazingly awesome games that are often overlooked.

VII was alright but VIII just did everything VII tried to do better.

IX is a waste of time.  I did not even bother playing XI because I heard it was like IX.

The newer Nobunagas Ambition games on the PS2 are pretty good.  I know I played the ones on the SNES non stop.  Uncharted Waters 2 is still probably my favorite game of all time. 

Koei has a great knack of injecting personality into these styles of games that make them have more replay value when compared with western historical simulations similar to these types of games.

I do however dislike the Dynasty Warriors series and games like them.  I feel it has made the company forget where they came from.  I wish they would come back!

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 03:30:09 pm »
+3
Unrelated to topic but what you mentioned there is happening because manufacturers changed their business model. Before, they competed for customers trying to provide best possible product. But after few decades they realized that customers won't buy their products if they keep making them durable. Also price drops contributed to this.

These days it's about mass production and selling as much as possible. And it's accellerating to a point where I believe we won't choose to buy stuff anymore, we'll rent it instead because it pays off more.

This isn't plaguing just cheap products. Do you know that those pricey LG OLED TVs lose half of their brightness over 3-5 years period? And while you could change backlight on your old LED or CCFL TV, in this case you'll have to send it back to factory and pay for it because every year warranty becomes shorter and they even raise the amount you have to pay for prolonged warranty.

In North Korea common people don't own anything because it's forced on them. Nothing won't be forced on us, they'll make it look like natural disasters (those famous floods in Asian factories) and present it to you as a choice of yours. But in the end, we won't own anything in near future just like commie Koreans today.

Lol cause i don't buy anything :D
Literally haven't bought anything but food and video-games for over a year. Not even a single pair of socks. ( EDIT: Christmas presents and such, don't count ) My oh my... Will have a look at those new Play-Stations - need to contribute to economy somehow :)

On the other hand, i am an eager supporter of the small local businesses - pizzamen know what I eat, and how I like it: No.91 with extra cheese and chili, and make it hot, god damn you, make my asshole plead for mercy the next day!

Yeah, and I like drinking Cocio - a godly beverage! When i become a millionaire, i will install a direct pipeline from the factory, so i have it running like tap water.
No, it's not good enough! I will buy the damn factory and live there. So i can go swimming in a giant barrel of warm Cocio every morning, before it's being bottled, and i promise to take a piss in it every time. It will not be enough to spoil the product, but will give me a certain satisfaction. And i will have two beautiful women licking me clean, when I am done swimming. Yeap. That's an every-day-life for the rich folks!
Wait! I will also need a human-bench - a person who will follow me everywhere, so i can sit on him every time i need some rest. And a midget assistant, with a hat formed as a serving plate ( to serve Cocio), and a second hat with an ashtray installed at the top. A midget assistant could, of course, combine the two jobs, and be my human-bench too, but it would spoil my style! And Armpit does not settle for anything but the best!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:35:21 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam