Author Topic: *****Rally against the Grey Order  (Read 37233 times)

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: *****Rally against the Grey Order
« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
+1
i mean this is strategus, what do you expect

strat is just like most other 4x rts games, you need to tech, if you attack it gives you a disadvantage, it seems pointless going straight for a do - or - die peasant rush ... not really any point in playing strat if you rely solely on equipment you can acquire in the first month .. :3

also, is it just me or was shogunate the only bloody clan to loom early/mid game gear ?! i saw kalmar had some mail shirt with fur +3 which was nice but i've not seen any decent mid tier weapons from ANY OTHER FACTION lol

does no one realise that +3 pitchfork is 26 pierce damage and 92 speed for 3 gold ?!

that +3 falchions have 33 cut and 0 slots

hell, even +3 leather gloves i would've expected everyone to get
i mean every none-shogunate/kalmar battle i've fought in it's been utter rubbish lol, UIF is using SIMPLE SWORDS (+0) for god's sake lol
gimme a break lol .. :D

Y NO ONE LOOM STUFFS :3

------------------------

i do actually have a point here. when you heirloom a weapon to +3 it gets a fixed 3 damage increase and usually some speed. that means that heirlooming the cheaper weapons is giving you a higher % increase vs. higher cost weapons.
 now i'm not saying a +3 falchion is going to be as good as a +3 soldier's cleaver, but 33 cut 98 speed 80 length vs. 36 cut 98 speed 92 length isn't such a big difference that you can't beat an army that has 3 x your gold. (falchion is 1/3 the price)

what i'm trying to say is that even if DRZ/GO have 3x your econ, just heirloom some weapons and armours that are inside your price range and fight back!!

take castles, heirloom some weapons within your price bracket, and kick their ass! :) :) :)

(pls, i dont want strat to be finished within 2 months :3 )
You have a point with the weapons and we where thinking about that too, we wanted to be aggressive and attack but we hadn't planned to do it like this he wanted to have the Narra area and do operations for there. It kinda worked till wait for it...DRZ!

To bad our mail shirt is gone, drz respeced uhhun rip +3 mail shirt with fur  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:28 pm »
You have a point with the weapons and we where thinking about that too, we wanted to be aggressive and attack but we hadn't planned to do it like this he wanted to have the Narra area and do operations for there. It kinda worked till wait for it...DRZ!

To bad our mail shirt is gone, drz respeced uhhun rip +3 mail shirt with fur  :cry:

take one of the north eastern castles, there are loads, you'll have i think 225 production points, in order to get a weapon +3 it's (2 + 8 + 16 + 32 =) 62 production points, so i'm not sure what you have loomed already, but you could make at least 4 nice cheap +3 items (dont need to discount them), and remember castles make i think 5 PP every 2 days or something so those same fiefs can be used in a couple of months to make some more expensive gear if you get off of your feet.

I don't know what you have now but if i was to loom 4 inexpensive but effective items to +3 i'd get leather glove (ofc :P ), falchion, one handed axe or knobbed mace, two handed axe and either pitch fork or quarter staff (depending on how much money you can float, pitch fork obvs is basically free with 26 pierce [enough to puncture drz current body armours easily], but quarter staff with it's 24 blunt / 100 speed is asdfadsfasdfasdf OP for it's price :D )

my biggest regret this strategus is only getting falchion and pitch fork to +2 instead of +3; the sheer amount of them we've used, it would have paid itself off 10 fold already :(

edit: i dont know how much cash you can float but mail shirt with fur seems a bit expensive to me, if i was min/maxing with an armour to +3 that can fight against UIF i'd get something like Padded Jack +3, it's 27 armour + 5 from leather gloves = 32 per soldier for a grand cost of 43 gold per soldier, that's compared to the DRZ's 245 gold p/soldier for 45 body armour :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:52:12 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
+11
I dont think thE UIF get it, all factions are bored as hell fighting the DRZ and GO over and over again, Strat has become stale and the same and thats why there is no more anti-UIF no one has the motivation anymore to play start because it will just be the same old grind fest that all recent starts have been like.

Just look at some of the previous leaders who have fought the UIF, Rogue, Alpha, Kingrimm, they all left because at the end they realised that they had invested too much of their real life to trying to beat an unbeatable object, its just stupid.

People have seen these former leaders and thought, 'I'm not fucking doing that' its a total waste of time and thats why no one will ever create another anti-UIF, people have given up and left strategus. Far less people playing it now these days.

So the only way the UIF ae going to get a good fight is by splitting up, but that will never happen, so what i suggest is that you have a map to yourselves so you can win every round easily and the rest of the factions will have their own map where strategies will be fun, small faction against small faction, 1 big faction against 2 small factions, that kind of stuff which i would love to see.

So basically UIF you've won the round GG, because no one is going to fight you.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:49 pm »
+3
Corsair i don't think you really get why they are doing this. Every strat people grab castles and gear up and spend months getting cash troops and gear and then UIF turn up with 100x more money,an endless supply of troops with better gear, full rosters at every hour and crush every castle and city they go towards with ease.

Sure its "fun" for them, its not so fun defending and losing every siege and getting stressed so the plan seems to be zerg rush early if it fails well GG because despite what you say they will NEVER come even close to matching the economy of the UIF.

Basically it comes down to this. It is NO fun building econ, gathering troops then getting steamrolled 3-4 strats in a row with less and less people signing up for battles. so why do it again?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »
perhaps it's because i grew up on RTS games rather than FPS games but i love the economy side of this stuff, i find it more engaging than the battles

DRZ and GO are good at economy but it's not like they're unbeatable :P

they just have a guy in their villages who buys the goods and takes them to a center point then do a few big caravans a week / month, it's what we did last strat and i'd imagine most clans did, if you do that you can be rolling in money in no time :P

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:54 pm »
+4
perhaps it's because i grew up on RTS games rather than FPS games but i love the economy side of this stuff, i find it more engaging than the battles

DRZ and GO are good at economy but it's not like they're unbeatable :P

they just have a guy in their villages who buys the goods and takes them to a center point then do a few big caravans a week / month, it's what we did last strat and i'd imagine most clans did, if you do that you can be rolling in money in no time :P

Strat is not a strategy game, its a grind fest, whoever has the most active members wins.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2014, 07:49:44 pm »
Strat is not a strategy game, its a grind fest, whoever has the most active members wins.

well yeah having more members helps but meh it's not everything :3

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »
+1
It is mixture of number of players, invested time and knowledge of game mechanics

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »
+2
personally i'm just a bit sad if everyone's giving up already, i was really looking forwards to this round of strategus, we had a fun little war with kalmar but if this is basically the end of strat 5 in the first couple of months then yeah corsair is disappoint :(

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:58 pm »
+5
Okay guys, we need to plant evidence on Nebun so he will get banned for mulit-accounting or something and then get an inside man to slowly crumble Drz from the inside by buying in high price fiefs and selling in low price... my evil plan is genius muhahahaha

Offline jergu

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:32 pm »
+4
Okay guys, we need to plant evidence on Nebun so he will get banned for mulit-accounting or something and then get an inside man to slowly crumble Drz from the inside by buying in high price fiefs and selling in low price... my evil plan is genius muhahahaha

for only 100k rubles i will destroy Druzhina from inside  :twisted:

:twisted: Cmon guys we can gather that up!!
100,000.00 RUB = 2,037.00 EUR
*volunteers to be the middleman holding the money before transaction*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:42:57 pm by jergu »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:18 pm »
+5
Make a Kickstarter
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline jergu

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »
+1
Make a Kickstarter

Holding the money and contributing to the cause are two different things :D
kinda...

Besides. https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:55:08 pm by jergu »

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:39 pm »
+4
Russians, pls leave strategus alone and you can have Crimea.

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2014, 10:34:00 pm »
+4