Author Topic: Rear length  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Rear length
« on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »
+10
2hs can now rear horses while in polearm mode, please change the rear length.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:24:13 pm by Sari »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Rear length
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 05:52:25 pm »
+9
i almost shit myslef today when i was riding in full speed with my plated charger and agi troll with shortened spear reared my horse....i dont get why almost everything can rear horses now.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Eugene

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • MLPK
    • View Profile
  • Faction: My Little Pony Krew
  • Game nicks: MLPK_Brony_Sudo
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »
+8
Revert to 140 pls
I hate it when I forget to take my fedora off at night, and I wake up neck-deep in bitches

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:47:45 pm »
+5
I think it was a dumb change and way too drastic.  "They" said the other side of the coin is that glancing blows with rearing weapons no longer rear horses.  Apparently that's a nerf to polearms that they can no longer glance and still rear a horse, so to make up for it, anything that has polearm mode with pierce stab can rear a horse...seems kind of drastic to me. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »
+4
I dont know guys, I have tried to do the 2h into pole thrust rear and most of the time the cav just hit me before I can even reach them.

Seems like it just promotes more careful cav gameplay instead of just charging into a whole team. BUT it also looks like non-lancer cav are kinda fucked because lancers can hit you before you reach them, but 2h/1h cav have to get real close to bumpslash you or even reach you, so overall it seems like a "nerf" to the bumpslash tactic the devilize has become known for.

Atm the glance thing is a nice add in but once all the 2h'ers actually start hitting X and using the polearm mode, cav will be fucked.

TL:DR: I think the rear length should stay the same for poles as the glance thing sorta balances it out, but 2h alternate polearm mode shouldnt have the ability to rear cav as it makes 2h even more master race and fucks over the cav.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »
+1
Seems like it just promotes more careful cav gameplay instead of just charging into a whole team.

Yea this fucks over heavy cav pretty good.  As for us light cav this is how we had to play anywayz.

I dont know guys, I have tried to do the 2h into pole thrust rear and most of the time the cav just hit me before I can even reach them.

Cuz bad?
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »
+1
Cuz bad?

I prefer the phrase "CavIsHard"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »
I prefer the phrase "CavIsHard"  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Should be harder now. 

But on that note I doubt you could handle a generation of proper melee cav.

People talk trash, but cav are a minority here and us that play melee, light cav, with untrollish builds which lean towards agility and thus riding, seem far fewer then any other class at least on NA1.  People talk much trash yet so few actually play the class.  When I read the phrase I think mad cuz bad when we are so easy to kill.

If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 08:34:34 pm »
+1
Should be harder now. 

But on that note I doubt you could handle a generation of proper melee cav.

People talk trash, but cav are a minority here and us that play melee, light cav, with untrollish builds which lean towards agility and thus riding, seem far fewer then any other class at least on NA1.  People talk much trash yet so few actually play the class.  When I read the phrase I think mad cuz bad when we are so easy to kill.

I say it because it invokes the exact response you gave me :P

Do the same thing for ranged on my RangedIsHard character. No hard feelings, just like messing with them. Also it's why my name is 20PingIsHardBob while I have about 20 ping myself  :mrgreen:

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:41:02 pm »
+1
So make a Cavishard character.  Imo cav battles are most epic and why I'm still here after 3 years. Also, with a 20 ping as with every other class in this game you'll have a huge advantage.

If your really feeling bold go 0IF 5PS like me.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »
+1
Already been doing that, but name is U_Wot_M8_ atm. 15/24 Lancer. Its actually pretty fun. Haven't e-peen a SS of it yet but I do decently well with my ping, but 20 ping is all skill  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 08:54:34 pm »
+1
1h/2h cav aren't really any worse off than before. Normal 2h stab is harder to deal with in most cases, making complaints against polearm 2h mode silly from my perspective. The shorter length rearing is good at preventing mindless charges, but on the flip side, polearms can't just flail their stab everywhere and hope to rear. You need to plan ahead. Cav is still one of the easiest and most rewarding classes once you understand what to do, but it takes a few days to a week to learn. You're in control of your own risk/reward most of the time.

It's difficult to force glances on the lighter horses, however. I think the heavier horses benefited from it more than they should have in comparison to light horses.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:21 pm »
+2
1h/2h cav aren't really any worse off than before. Normal 2h stab is harder to deal with in most cases, making complaints against polearm 2h mode silly from my perspective. The shorter length rearing is good at preventing mindless charges, but on the flip side, polearms can't just flail their stab everywhere and hope to rear. You need to plan ahead. Cav is still one of the easiest and most rewarding classes once you understand what to do, but it takes a few days to a week to learn. You're in control of your own risk/reward most of the time.

It's difficult to force glances on the lighter horses, however. I think the heavier horses benefited from it more than they should have in comparison to light horses.

This is all true however I have still had my horse reared by stabs that seem to do 0dmg(or very very little) and make a glancing sound. I'm not entirely sure that is fully fixed.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:49:51 pm »
+1
I've been reared by glances as well, but I don't know if they were on shorter than 140 polearms or not (can't remember).  Maybe it only works on glances less than 140 length (i.e. glances on polearms over 140 length still rear)?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 10:54:29 pm »
+4
Somewhat good cav player reporting in to say I'm perfectly fine with halfswording rearing, as well as any short polearms.

Maybe that's because I'm a lancer?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?