Author Topic: WoM/Astralis War - The Grandmaster's Narrow Escape from the Astralis Barbarians  (Read 5884 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Easily scared is about right. Has a few bad (read: terrible) fights after a war he started, calls Papa Sandy to try and save his ass.  :rolleyes: :P

FWIW, it's a 29 player Astralis faction v. 15* in Black Company and 18 in WoM. Now the 18 player Frisia hops in, and the two major brawls we've had since have been basically 1:1 (despite merc support disparities for both sides, even).

I'm generally disinclined to shit talking on the forums, but I don't take kindly to chump swings at the WoM when the numbers say you can't back it up after our good and honest fights.

(click to show/hide)
*To be fair, just added two new members yesterday and today. Now 17 total.

The war started with 17 Astralis Members. Bull got many of us to get on. SO if anything, you're "WOE IS ME WE ARE SMALLER" shit is bull. We started out smaller, and we are getting all our players online.

Why not post your log since then hm? You've Soundly lost 2 major battles.
You even lost one in which you had EVERY advantage:
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=533
Better armor, more mercs...

How about we crop that picture to be more realistic?
Teddy bear: Peasent gear
Anders: Peasent gear
Ambean: W/E village gear was left
Kalonice: Not even astralis, and he had worse armor and weapons than u
Edward: Barely Armed

Anyone can brag about good K/D against Shit armies.

And if ANYTHING, you started the war by Attacking Ambean and saying YOU claimed it. Get out of here with this shit.

In other news, WoM are cool. I still chat w/ them cause they are awesome(LOTR fanboy here).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sasuko

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan For Fun and Astralis
  • Game nicks: GoldFox,Box of Kittens,GOD Queen Kittens, Kittens In Booties, Kittens In Mittens.
Easily scared is about right. Has a few bad (read: terrible) fights after a war he started, calls Papa Sandy to try and save his ass.  :rolleyes: :P
I'm sorry Garem, but we did not start this war for the north. Both factions in this conflict had claims in this region and Astralis chose not to become one of your underlings. And I'm also sadden by how childish your actions have been, we are adults please act like it.

And Mr. Anders please stop posting on troll threads you'll just make us look bad; most people on Crpg hate you just like Gomer.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:44:43 am by Sasuko »

<03:23:14> "SittingBull": Wanna eat my ass
<00:37:52> "SittingBull": Fuck you!
<00:38:18> "SittingBull": My cock was always a weapon
<00:42:20> "SittingBull": And maybe double dip her if she's got an attitude on her

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
I'm sorry Garem, but we did not start this war for the north. Both factions in this conflict had claims in this region and Astralis chose not to become one of your underlings. And I'm also sadden by how childish your actions have been in this thread, we are adults please act like it.

And Mr. Anders please stop posting on troll threads you'll just make us look bad; most people on Crpg hate you just like Gomer.

Aw. Ok  :oops:

Offline Sasuko

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GoldFox,Box of Kittens,GOD Queen Kittens, Kittens In Booties, Kittens In Mittens.

<00:42:20> "SittingBull": And maybe double dip her if she's got an attitude on her

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
I love a good shitpost, so you guys might have an idea of how difficult it actually is to avoid one here.

Astralis was pretty fucking convinced we'd go after them for taking Fenada after we failed an attempt to. We were considering it pretty heavily as well. Astralis didn't ask us to jump in at all. Black Company didn't either, but they did ask for us to stay out of the whole ordeal. I'm fairly certain that Astralis and SittingBull reckoned we were pissed at losing Fenada to them and they figured we would stay out of it at best, or attack THEM at worst.

We jumped in because we perceived that Astralis was under attack from 3 factions, outnumbering them more than a bit. No, we didn't look up the faction IDs are check out the number of players in the factions because:

a) wow what are we nerds LOL

b) that number is only a very rough estimate of actual active players; there are plenty of people that are going to think they're all stoked about strat and quit out. nearly every conflict has seen both sides saying "NO U HAVE MORE PLAYERS WE ARE THE GOODS GUYS"

Besides that, I'm sorry for my members shit-talking at every opportunity, and making an opportunity if none is present. I don't really like to do that, and while I may be a nerd of shameful proportions, I won't take measures to prevent it. I don't encourage it, but I only very rarely discourage it. I just watch it happen and laugh to myself, because I enjoy being a spectator to shit-talking, be it creative or mindless.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
SO if anything, you're "WOE IS ME WE ARE SMALLER" shit is bull.

Raise the temperature of the conversation for yourself if of you'd like, Anders. I'm surely not whining nor whimpering. We've killed a hell of a lot more of you. I, and the rest of us, intend to continue doing that.

Plus, isn't the "WOE IS ME WE ARE SMALLER" precisely what you're doing by pointing out your sluggishness and/or inadequacy in putting up a better fight? If not, what exactly was the point of mentioning it? To quoque, I suppose.

Why not post your log since then hm? You've Soundly lost 2 major battles.
You even lost one in which you had EVERY advantage:
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=533
Better armor, more mercs...

Gear wasn't much better, certainly not significantly. We did splurge on a handful of Short Mil Scythes and Fauchards, maybe 5 per fight to get an small, quick advantage just in case. The fight you posted was 1:1. Regardless, gear advantage would be part of more efficient and effective trading.

As for the mercenary disparity, I already covered that. 30:45 in one, 45:30 in another.
(The one he didn't link and, again, went 1:1... for the record: http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattleroster&id=510)

And if ANYTHING, you started the war by Attacking Ambean and saying YOU claimed it. Get out of here with this shit.

In other news, WoM are cool. I still chat w/ them cause they are awesome(LOTR fanboy here).

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/black-company-diplomacy/
Last Edit: Feb. 18

And your leadership was aware of this.

You're right, WoM is cool. Astralis is, for the most part, cool. We've had good talks. That's why I called out a chump put down for what it is. I wouldn't bother if it was someone that I didn't respect enough to call out - why bother?

tl;dr
Stop trying so hard for sympathy and accusing me of doing the same. That was never what this was about, stop dragging it there.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Astralis was pretty fucking convinced we'd go after them for taking Fenada after we failed an attempt to. We were considering it pretty heavily as well.

Hahaha, that's what Black Company was thinking. We were waiting to see what the fuck this was all about. Saw it as a possible but unlikely outcome.

BC play a somewhat predictable game - ruthless self-interest (however we decide to interpret this, which is less predictable). Hence when KUTT was being a turd ally last Strat we fucked them over to recoup losses. We tried applying our decision making logic, but then remembered it's fucking Frisia and there's no goddamn way to know what the hell you're going to do.

Would have been nice to look elsewhere (and train up the 5-6 new players without close, constant danger) after we'd finished up beating Astralis, but ah well. I'm having a hell of a good time.

Also, who was the third faction?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:10:15 am by Garem »

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
BC play a somewhat predictable game - ruthless self-interest (however we decide to interpret this, which is less predictable). Hence when KUTT was being a turd ally last Strat we fucked them over to recoup losses.

^^why the fallen are the worst clan in any video game ever^^

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador

Let's keep the drama out of here for the time being... this is presented to both sides of the war as a comedic affair. I can respect simple diplomatic statements, but there is a line drawn somewhere.

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
King of the Britons?  I heard he was a murderer.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
(click to show/hide)
I wouldn't be able to shitpost you even if I really tried. You're the shining light in a sperg-ridden world.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
^^why the fallen are the worst clan in any video game ever^^

Meh. If your own "ally" kills your traders (note: plural) and steals your goods, yea. We're not going to put up with that shit.

Which makes us the worst. So worst.

Isn't that like, some mafia code somewhere? I don't speak your hip hop gangster jive.

Offline Sasuko

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You're right, WoM is cool. Astralis is, for the most part, cool. We've had good talks. That's why I called out a chump put down for what it is. I wouldn't bother if it was someone that I didn't respect enough to call out - why bother?
We in Astralis have no bad blood towards our new enemies, Also, send Ludd back when he's drunk again I have the audio from that night if you care to hear. ;3
Cheers!

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
We in Astralis have no bad blood towards our new enemies, Also, send Ludd back when he's drunk again I have the audio from that night if you care to hear. ;3
Cheers!
You should visit our ts and you'll get plenty of drunk Curtis  :mrgreen:

Offline Garem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ludd is basically this.