Author Topic: WoM/Astralis War - The Grandmaster's Narrow Escape from the Astralis Barbarians  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Damn... we've been in a lot of battles.

Yeah man... despite what Frisia may think:

Even with our help Astralis got seemingly steamrolled by you guys.

you guys put up a hell of a fight. No steamrolling occurred at all. The war was not entirely one-sided, especially with Frisia coming to your aide on several occasions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
This post was not and is not about Frisia and I'd like to keep it that way.

This post is about how masculine and handsome we all think Dalfador is, so let me just say, damn Dalfador you're pretty fuckin masculine and handsome.

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I remember why I stayed out of the diplomacy forums.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:30:17 am by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Gorgons of the North should just merge with Acre and AoW and make FCC 5.0, they can use their superior numbers to take out the evil LCO - GFORCE alliance.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
We would need a mastermind like Kesh
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
We would need a mastermind like Kesh

I hate to say it but things are looking pretty bleak in terms of excitement without KeshCC.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Pistachio

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pistachio Nuts (Helios) ROR
Kesh actually made strat fun. Was a lot of fun drama and good battles. Too bad hes gone :( I mean hes in EU attacking people.........................................................

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Dude...  I've already told you...  I don't have time to play politics.  You attacked us... period.  You had a chance to work with us.  Instead you decided to fight.  You can make all the nerd announcements you want.  I really don't care. 

I came to you and tried to work out a deal.  Instead you fucked us.  All good.  We're not crying about it.  Why are you?  You guys hit us with over 2k men right in the middle of a war that had nothing to do with you.  Did Black Company whine and cry like sissies on the forums?  No.   So WTF?????

Nigga, are you serious?

I mean I was sober like 5 hours ago so I made a post with a lot of thought and sperg research in it but since apparently I don't have to bale hay or fuck with cows tomorrow I'll just shitpost. Btw baling hay is the absolute worst work i've ever done in my entire life.

Like holy shit, "instead you fucked us" on a war that you outnumbered the opponent quite heavily and we barely evened the numbers? Not to mention the heavy advantage you get from fallen and other former coalition EU archers if the battle is before 7pm EST? We fucked you? Yeah, that is straight fucking retarded since you decided to wreck astralis with more than 5/3 of their numbers and we evened the engagement, now you're upset because we jumped in? Are you upset because we didn't jump in without posting an RP post 3 days in advance on the forum? Are you upset because we decided to help out Astralis which we "had no fight in"? If you're gonna jump astralis with 3 clans outnumbering then 3/2 roughly, why would you not wipe us next? Of course we're going to help while we have a chance instead of trying to fight you after we're outnumbered 5:2 or more if Astralis quit or went mostly inactive after you wiped them.

You saying that you came to us and tried to work out a deal is very misleading. Yeah, you wanted us to sit out while you fucked astralis with superior numbers and more active players. I've seen more then 4-5 astralis guys with 100 troops just running around aimlessly. I ain't trying to insult astralis, but they aren't big enough nerds to do strat as hard as others, really. They just aren't. They get drunk as fuck in their TS at night after work and have a lot of fucking people in there, but that demographic doesn't exactly mean they'll be good at strategus.

Yeah so, I probably shouldn't have posted this. In conclusion, try to come wipe us, bros. Cum @ us. We wanted a fight and we'll take a fight even if its 4 clans against 1.

Dude...  I've already told you...  I don't have time to play politics.  You attacked us... period.  You had a chance to work with us.  Instead you decided to fight.  You can make all the nerd announcements you want.  I really don't care. 

You guys hit us with over 2k men right in the middle of a war that had nothing to do with you. 

Sorry, but we are giant homosexuals that find it our personal business to be brave internet knights and come to the aid of a clan right next to us getting 3v1'd.

Nice work on the lack of response to you being wrong, m8

If you don't have the time to play politics with us you should probably stop taking the 5 minutes to post anything on the diplomacy forums btw

@wesley Surrender? I don't really think you understand how much of gigantic stubborn sperg-nerds we are. In strat 4 when you attacked ismirala I'm pretty sure I dissuaded you by posting a huge wall of text about how we would go after your traders all strat and make things absolutely terrible for you.

Btw, we actually weren't big enough nerds back then to do any of that back then. Maybe we are now, I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:41:09 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Kesh actually made strat fun. Was a lot of fun drama and good battles. Too bad hes gone :( I mean hes in EU attacking people.........................................................

RIP in peace Kesh.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
I like it Sandy, nice post ^
You're right about strat 4. But we are even better this strat aswell. Besides I told Black Company I would send 1k troops. That's it. Better then us sending out 5k armed right? Love you Sandy.

Ps: Surrender and become a squid and lay your tentacle where ever you please....
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline xOps

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Poor Sandy, he is a good man.. If only he could have avoided the stupidity and flaming that Daruvian brought anywhere he went you might have had it better. To be honest, Daruvian is the reason for your blight. I'd explain why in rather flavorful fashion but I think your powers of deduction can fill in the blanks for you. I tip my hat to you sir, if only you were able to listen to real truth (me) you could have avoided wasting time here in the forums. See you soon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:37:59 pm by xOps »

Offline UnholyRolyPoly

• Earl
  • Renown: 348
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nigga, are you serious?

Like holy shit, "instead you fucked us" on a war that you outnumbered the opponent quite heavily and we barely evened the numbers? Not to mention the heavy advantage you get from fallen and other former coalition EU archers if the battle is before 7pm EST? We fucked you? Yeah, that is straight fucking retarded since you decided to wreck astralis with more than 5/3 of their numbers and we evened the engagement, now you're upset because we jumped in? Are you upset because we didn't jump in without posting an RP post 3 days in advance on the forum? Are you upset because we decided to help out Astralis which we "had no fight in"? If you're gonna jump astralis with 3 clans outnumbering then 3/2 roughly, why would you not wipe us next? Of course we're going to help while we have a chance instead of trying to fight you after we're outnumbered 5:2 or more if Astralis quit or went mostly inactive after you wiped them.

Who outnumbered who?  Black Company is not that big of a clan.  Our players are active.  But we're not that big.  WFA is a relatively new clan from last strat.  And HoC had a few members at the time in WFA.  Don't you have some Raven players in Frisia?  So were we fighting Frisia and Raven?  No.  HoC didn't get heavily involved until the middle of the war.  A war that we were losing BTW.  If anything increased our player base it was your attack.  You motivated our players. 

We were outnumbered in every single battle.  We were out geared in every single battle.  Even the last fight for Fenada.....  1200 vs 1500  http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=672

We were outnumbered every time we fought you.  And we rarely had enough gear for the tickets we put on the field. 
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=598
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=558
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=545
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=533

To be honest....  I was kinda trollin you.  I was not completely serious.  But the whole "Poor Frisia Coming to Astralis rescue against overwhelming odds" thing is BS.  Point blank... you attacked us because you thought you could win.  I don't have anything against you personally.  But we were definitely the underdogs here..... especially in the beginning.  I had to pay mercs the ENTIRE war because we did not have the support needed.  Frisia and Astralis can fill out half a roster by themselves.  We have an average of 8-12 players between us.  You guys held the merc advantage most of the war.  But as things heated up.... our players became more and more active.  Jona brought in some HoC who hadn't been active in a long time.  So did BC with some former Fallen members.  But it didn't start that way. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:19:04 pm by UnholyRolyPoly »

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
All this QQ about one side having an advantage or not.  Why would one attack without an advantage?  As Sun Tzu said (Warning: Nerd aura intensity increasing) “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”.

Likewise he also said “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” which is exactly what Frisia did and good for them!

If one must banter about evening the odds then I promptly run around in circles screaming "BS!!!!" and with a palpable degree of effervescence softly remind everyone how a handful of Elf dork lords battled Daruvian's mega troll faction last strat and no one then sought to "even the odds".

15k CC troops vs 7k WFA at Sungetche?  No evening of the odds there either and that's OK!  Dracul\CC felt like they needed to attack someone so they attacked the castle they knew they could take. 

Less demonization and canonization of fellow nerd lords and more [insert voice actor LarryTheMagicalCheetah] "Jolly good show what what!"

Well fought Astralis, I wish you better fortune elsewhere.

P.S.  "palpable degree of effervescence" is an unlikely proper use of vocabulary but I hadn't used either of these words in a while so I felt like giving them some sunshine.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse

W/ Punji Sticks
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
No...  AoW is attacking you because you marched 1k men into our fight with Astralis.  Then another 1200.  You attacked us for no reason.  And they also don't like you.  They are doing it on their own......  But we absolutely appreciate it.  I will be there and I will merc for AoW.  Anyone who's fought in the Northern wars should be there.  This has been going on for a month.  Everyone who's fought deserves a chance to see it through. 

We tried to work with you.  And I'll give you credit....  You point blank told me you were attacking either BC, Geforce, or Acre.  I appreciate the honesty.  But WTF do you expect?  Your diplomacy page says you are looking for a long term war with a well meaning clan.....  We're well meaning.  And you attacked us.  Therefore you are my enemy and I will look for every opportunity to destroy you.  Thank God for AoW.  I was thrilled to hear they were marching your way. 

Good luck in the battle tomorrow.  Astralis fought with honor and deserves respect.  You deserve none.  Stop bitching.  You reap what you sow.

Ya Astralis 5 man army good job, fuck black company
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:11:08 pm by dreadnok »