Author Topic: Epic fail to small clans  (Read 5087 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Epic fail to small clans
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 06:28:48 pm »
I shouldn't advise you this, but the whole eastern part of the map should fill Grandmom & Kinngrimm orders. These two guys are very experienced organizers and great leaders.

OMFG thats funny.

EDIT: I came back to write this: WHY should small clans have any chances? Strat is kind of a combo of two things: Multiplayer Mount and Blade/Warband and a historical semi realtime strategy game. In neither of those things will a small band do well.

I don't understand the original post at all tbh: WHAT do you WANT to achieve? To hold fiefs? TAKE THEM, you have what you can hold, and that's IT. Look for a border fief between two larger factions that are warring, TAKE the fief from one side and tell the other side that you welcome them to use it safely and if theres anything you can do to help them. Then backstab them later if you can. DO whatever you want.

Grey Order was started by one guy. It took some time and effort to make it visible on the map - to get first village. It took a lot more time and effort to make it a clan that holds a castle. Holding a city was a dream for a long time, and seemed impossible in the world full of Templars, Mercs and other big clans. And there was far less incentives in first iterations of Strat.

It turned out it that things are difficult, but not impossible. Nothing changed in that respect in Strat 5.

Just get your shit together guys.

This is funny dude, cause at no time has Templars had over 10 active strategus players :D You guys have.... well individual players who knows, but you have never been outnumbered in CD-keys, or active players. Its not hard to zerg the map, you have NO idea what it is to have few players :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:43:32 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 07:27:24 pm »
Grey Order was started by one guy. It took some time and effort to make it visible on the map - to get first village. It took a lot more time and effort to make it a clan that holds a castle. Holding a city was a dream for a long time, and seemed impossible in the world full of Templars, Mercs and other big clans. And there was far less incentives in first iterations of Strat.

It turned out it that things are difficult, but not impossible. Nothing changed in that respect in Strat 5.

Just get your shit together guys.

Oh fucking lol, so your telling us how to play strat are you? GO got caught cheating with the whole CD key thing not once.... but twice.
It nearly wiped you off the map last strat round.
And that was when you got caught, god knows how long you manage to fuck a game like this up and cheat cheat cheat to get what you wanted.
Get our shit together? you mean buy tons of CD keys and win? haha!

You know I have been in coalition last round, and I dont hate anyone of the UIF, except GO.
For ruining the game for every one because GO thinks their entitled to cheat in such a small community based game.

"Grey Order was started by one guy"  one guy with many many CD keys for all we know.

I really really do not understand why you would cheat in a modded game like CPRG/strat, whats the enjoyment then? and don't go everyone does, because most do not.

Honestly, its a question i would like to see an answer too.
Is it because exploiting stuff and / or cheating is part of the game for you guys? 

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 07:53:30 pm »
+3
To Eastern Europeans, legal is anything you can get away with. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 09:06:06 pm »
+2
"Grey Order was started by one guy"  one guy with many many CD keys for all we know.

+ extra horns, hooves and smell of sulfur pff - I've never had more than one key you moron - don't quote trolling without understanding of context hehe

To Eastern Europeans, legal is anything you can get away with. 

for sure fat ass cuz NA  :wink:

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2014, 11:29:31 pm »
+1

Oh fucking lol, so your telling us how to play strat are you? GO got caught cheating with the whole CD key thing not once.... but twice.
It nearly wiped you off the map last strat round.
And that was when you got caught, god knows how long you manage to fuck a game like this up and cheat cheat cheat to get what you wanted.
Get our shit together? you mean buy tons of CD keys and win? haha!

You know I have been in coalition last round, and I dont hate anyone of the UIF, except GO.
For ruining the game for every one because GO thinks their entitled to cheat in such a small community based game.

I really really do not understand why you would cheat in a modded game like CPRG/strat, whats the enjoyment then? and don't go everyone does, because most do not.

Honestly, its a question i would like to see an answer too.
Is it because exploiting stuff and / or cheating is part of the game for you guys?

Not a single word of what you wrote is true. Enough said.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »
+2
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »
+1

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »
+2
nope none of that is true

Nothing indeed. The buba's post repeats generally spread lies without a small bit of understanding what really happened and what was the problem. Read the post you mention carefully - it really shows what was the problem.

[EDIT]

And let me add one more thing fort people that do not remember Strat 1 or 2: At that time rules for Strat were forged. Not many things  were certain. Many bans were casted for various reasons. Now most of guys learned their lesson and the rules are more or less universal, albeit still unclear in many cases.

It is easy to say "GO are cheaters, UIF guys are evil, they are all exploiters" and dismiss good advice. I will repeat again - get your shit together. The bottom line is - Strat needs dedication, organization and good relations with people. And having that anything is possible.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:13:25 pm by Erasmas »

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »
+3
Here is a suggestion to allow small clans to be able survive and actually be effective on the balance of strat. Please contribute if you feel it's a good one.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/faction-types-kingdoms-vassals-bandits/

Cheers

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
+2
Nothing indeed. The buba's post repeats generally spread lies without a small bit of understanding what really happened and what was the problem. Read the post you mention carefully - it really shows what was the problem.

[EDIT]

And let me add one more thing fort people that do not remember Strat 1 or 2: At that time rules for Strat were forged. Not many things  were certain. Many bans were casted for various reasons. Now most of guys learned their lesson and the rules are more or less universal, albeit still unclear in many cases.

It is easy to say "GO are cheaters, UIF guys are evil, they are all exploiters" and dismiss good advice. I will repeat again - get your shit together. The bottom line is - Strat needs dedication, organization and good relations with people. And having that anything is possible.

he wasn't talking strat 1 or 2, he was talking about the strat where rules about multi accounting and logging into other users strat accounts was quite clearly against the rules but you guys did it anyway then moaned that it shouldn't be against the rules. The majority of cheating was from VR and Union but there were a fair few GO bans too. If lessons were learned and it doesnt happen anymore that's good but you cant pretend it didn't happen.

which rules are still unclear for you btw?

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »
+2
If lessons were learned and it doesnt happen anymore that's good but you cant pretend it didn't happen.

Fine, but do not forget about the context of the whole story too. Which was not the show of utmost objectivity and transparency.

What annoys me is not the fact that someone brings this well exploited topic again, but that I really wish to encourage newcomers and powers-to-be to fight for it, to work on it  because it pays off. And I do not want to let one dickhead to drag the folks attention from that.

Offline Osiris

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 02:53:58 pm »
+1
well to be fair chadz explained how it was done you just don't believe him :D

As for new comers it really isn't possible to play strat unless you form part of a large alliance or turn up with 30 other new comers.

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 07:46:41 pm »
+1
Fine, but do not forget about the context of the whole story too. Which was not the show of utmost objectivity and transparency.

What annoys me is not the fact that someone brings this well exploited topic again, but that I really wish to encourage newcomers and powers-to-be to fight for it, to work on it  because it pays off. And I do not want to let one dickhead to drag the folks attention from that.

I was a newcomer in strat 4, i worked hard, I fought for it, and then found out that a lot of people cheated to get an advantage, and  of those people that got hit by the ban wave a fair amount where GO. Call it old hurt but to see a GO telling others to play hard and fair rubbed me the wrong way.

I mean no clan can claim they never did something wrong,  but multi accounting on that scale?
Smaller clans need to fight for it? I completely agree with harpag and Erasmas.
And from what I can see they are, I hope GO did learned their lesson and will not control god knows how many caravans and armies by one player while gold still matters this early in strat.

Ps: I never said all UIF are evil, actually I respect UIF for playing strat to win and enjoyed the challenge to face them in the last strat.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 08:34:40 pm »
+2

Well, the circumstances we saw at that time were quite against this explanation.

I was a newcomer in strat 4, i worked hard, I fought for it, and then found out that a lot of people cheated to get an advantage, and  of those people that got hit by the ban wave a fair amount where GO. Call it old hurt but to see a GO telling others to play hard and fair rubbed me the wrong way.

So you have no idea what happened at that time, but you feel you are in position to post some hardcore critique... Well, I don't know if I would be so brave.

5 or 6. This is the number of guys banned in GO at that time. Fair amount? Judge for yourself.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »
+5

It was not done "anonymously" as stated, that is for sure. Plenty of people who multiaccounted back then didn't get banned, and there are still people who do it who aren't banned.

I had admins/a dev check things for me and they found multiple people in NA factions confirmed as multiaccounting who never got banned once their names were given to Meow (the person in charge of banning all that stuff back then)

Infact I still have a saved chatlog from then-

5:25 PM <Shik> I'm pretty sure not just FCC is multi accounting
5:26 PM <Shik> my point is that the rules seem to have a lot of loopholes
5:26 PM <Meow> didn't check anyone else

(the "didn't check anyone else" is referring to only checking UIF factions, fyi)