Author Topic: Nostalgia/Perspective thread: has yours changed?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: Nostalgia/Perspective thread: has yours changed?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 01:41:54 am »
+11
I am using 33 str and 3 agi and it kicks ass. I normally use a flamberge when I play DTV, but when I am up against real players I pull out my great maul.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 02:25:57 am »
+1
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/archives-the-old-d%27haran-legions-thread/msg61074/#msg61074

The time I declared DL wasn't dead. Kept it partially alive up until end of this February in which case, the last 4 members of DL finally disbanded.

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/horse-crossbowman-%27sucks%27/msg72995/#msg72995

Me, being the First Official HC in NA. Sad to see what happened to it, I do miss my baby.

So much XBOW support. Still do support xbows.

Well, yesterday, I started building healing tents on the Battle server. It was very fun, and it seemed to, on certain maps, enhance team survivability and coordination in fighting. I also noticed that the enemy tried to make my tents a primary target. It turned some maps almost into an objective game type, with one team defending the precious heals and the other team either capping it(and then using it) or destroying it to prevent it from being used.

In accordance with this, I also wore all white(DOCTOR ftw!)and carried my khyber knife(surgeons scalpel).

The thing I want to know is, for those who've played with the tents and me last night on the NA server, do you like them, Find them useless, or still don't know yet?

Good times then...

I got WAY to many pages to run through. 240 pages...

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/jackiechan-just-broke-the-servers/msg137238/#msg137238
Jackie Chan Breaking the servers.

http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/na-servers-game-admin-applications-open/msg158849/#msg158849
Back when I cared to be an actual admin and play child daycare.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:47:50 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 02:52:50 am »
+3
I was reading my old posts, when suddenly..

I did a blowjob to Barney the Dinosaur because I smoked crack.

lol.

it was hilarious out of context

Anyway I have too many pages to read through, sigh.

0lifed through 4 years now
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:01:15 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 06:54:48 am »
+3
The way we perceive the game often times change over time as we mess with other builds or gain more information. Any funny old posts you regret making / disagree with now? I hate looking at my old posts even now, but it's good to make fun of yourself every so often.

When I used to lobby for throwing when I didn't understand the resentment against it.

:oops:

My stance still remains the same for the last three years. Buff Katana.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 07:10:56 am »
+2
Mr. Shine. In the memorable words of Blackrose_Godking_Kaoklai... "would smash"

I.. don't remember this at all, I prob would smash whatever I was talking about though.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 11:40:15 am »
+12
You forgot:

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 11:49:51 am »
+1
I try to rush the enemy and just jump around so they TK eachother, it works sometimes but most of the time i'm raped by archers on my way there.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Actually when i think about it that is still basically how i play.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »
+2
Throw some oil into a wok. Preferably peanut oil, but I suppose canola will do. Let oil heat on high.

Add some coarsely chopped red onions or shallots- whichever you have. Finely chopped garlic. Next, grab some ginger and peel the skin off with a spoon. Scrape some ginger- about a thumb's worth- into the wok. Reduce heat to medium.

Meanwhile, boil your noodles for approximately two minutes or however long it takes your stove to cook it.

Throw noodles into wok, add soy sauce to taste and a dash of mirin, saki, or rice vinegar. If you didn't add mirin, add a table spoon of honey or a teaspoon of sugar. Add mushroom, chicken, or beef broth- about half a cup.

Add vegetables, tofu and/or meat of choice. Raise heat to high. Toss your noodles about. Add some chili or white pepper, an egg if you're inclined, and top with spring onions if you have them.

These days, I would tell you to first infuse the oil (using a wire mesh strainer) with a handful of peppercorns and a dozen chilis. I would also recommend using a vodka-based batter for your choice of protein, as well as roasted peanuts to boot.

I, too, am scandalized and disappointed at the sexism that must be rampant among the developers. I am green with envy, without the bonus of green hair! Day after day, I am subjected to admiring Lorn's hot pink hair with the sure knowledge that I am unable to stain my beautiful locks in any pigment but a variation of black and brown.

This, people, is a travesty.

I demand equal rights for all genders and all skin tones!

We are now all equally bereft of colorful hair.

I'm sorry, but this is simply nonsensical. Melee speed has already been reduced enough that blocking has become laughably easier than it used to be. If melee speed is slowed further, every feint would be blocked, too. The spamming that I do see is a result of facing someone with longer weapon length. That's your culprit there. Especially if you're using a 1-hander or other short weapon.

Eh, I like egalitarian measures. I also suspect my reflexes have slowed down over the years.

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:36 pm »
+1
I use to rag on shielders before and after my BlackRose days. Use to give Edward shit for playing"skilless/autoblock/rightclickforwin".

I felt like an ass after I went shielder when I played the market for a Espada.
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »
+1
This ruined it for me aswell, my warspear was req 9 now it is 11, i used to be 9/30 but now i have to go with a slow 12-27 :(
Im still sad about this. Now i have to settle with 15 str 27 agi, pff.

On another note of unblockable swings: 2h swords seem to be able to do a thrust wich makes a sound like it thrusts then bounces off but then instantly after it sideswing come swinging at me. I barely have enough time to block this since it is much faster than a regular sideswing and when i hear the sound of a weapon bouncing off i always think i am able to swing before the opponent. This "bug" occurs alot when duelling and i never had it occuring pre-patch.

:oops: First times of getting thrust glance feinted, cant say i enjoyed it.

Will trade Masterwork warspear + gold for a lordly banded armor.
The one time i almost let go of my warspear, ALMOST! How could i ever leave you my beautifull Gungnir.

Damn the nostalgia, every second post i made was buff warspear, all i got was nerfs though. Maybe i should change my approach. Looking back at things, this game is in a pretty nice state of balance right now in comparison.
 Also some cav hate, which is still going strong.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:35:04 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:23 pm »
+1
October 02, 2011, 06:48:49 pm »
i fucking hate great maul, its so random.

Random instawin effects dont belong in multiplayer games

Some things never change..........

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 04:14:03 am »
+1
no regrets

although the reason why i play this mod changed
i used to play because i liked the community
now i play because i like the game and i think the community is a steaming pile of horse shit
everybody is a whiny lil bitch now its hard to play with quiet mode off without bursting a blood vessel

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 07:25:26 am »
+1
I really miss ye olde cRPG, think it blew this version out of the water

Swashbucklin' still kicks ass, but the days of 1 shot-face-stabs-of-doom are gone.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »
+1
Not everyone suck bicep....... Most people suck, but not everyone.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 04:47:04 am »
+4
You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense

What the swag did you just fucking yolo about me, you little wayne? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Swagmy old friends, and I’ve been involved in numerous Obey Records , and I have over 300 confirmed Swaggers. I am trained in wearing snapbacks and I’m the top poser in the entire Swagmy old friend Army. You are nothing to me but just another No swag. I will swag you the fuck out with swagger the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking hashtags. You think you can get away with not taking pictures in the mirror over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my mom, she has alot of swag, and your ratchet ass is being traced right now so you better prepare for the yolo, nikka. The yolo that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your swag. You’re fucking dead, nikka. I can swag anywhere, anytime, and I can swag in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my baggy skinny jeans. Not only am I extensively trained in having plugs and snake bites, but I have access to the entire Hollister store. and I will use it to its full swaggness to wipe your miserable swag off the face of tumblr, you little Non trend follower. I will swag yolo all over you and you will swag in it. You’re fucking dead, nikka.

Some things never change.