Poll

Should training lessons and the respec system be reformed to provide less game constrain?

Yes
No
My opinion is (comment's on thread)

Author Topic: Training lessons for 1 loom point: Official petition  (Read 23881 times)

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Training lessons for 1 loom point: Official petition
« Reply #405 on: September 10, 2014, 12:37:13 pm »
to me one lp is too cheap and devs will probably never add it for so few

make training lessons for 3 lp or one mw !

there is no difference for 80% players between 1lp or 3lp bro.

still, i don't understand why do people still bublin here becouse devs don't give a damn about community opinion.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #406 on: September 10, 2014, 09:14:14 pm »
Canary, penitent and others were 100% correct. If it goes to the price of 1 LP then there will be nothing stopin the veteran players from using the flavor of the patch builds.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #407 on: September 10, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »
Canary, penitent and others were 100% correct. If it goes to the price of 1 LP then there will be nothing stopin the veteran players from using the flavor of the patch builds.

Especially since we have the armories to back up any build.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »
Yes, I will retaire again and again and again at 31 and hoarding more and more loompoints. Hell no, sorry but both ways are equal, either stop retaire at some point or do it always. From the second side, you can play on many alts or only on your main and this is also equal.

Except nobody cares about loompoints. One level is equivalent in power to at least 5 loompoints anyway, so there's really no good reason to not forget about looms and maximize your level. All the veterans have access to huge armories filled with +3. Even in Pixel Paladins, which is still a relatively modest clan, there are like 40 +3 items just sitting in the armory all day.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #409 on: September 10, 2014, 10:24:03 pm »
+1
Still, it'd be great each time devs do major changes for a class to give free respecs to characters who are concerned by this change. Now, I got a level 34 character I've been leveling for a year, lost 90 M of XP (from level 35 to 34, which was equal to 40/45 strat battles) to respec to a build that got fucked a month ago. This kind of things makes you bitter, especially when the only answer I got from the fact I couldn't hold the reticule more than 0,25 secs, is that I had to change my way to play (lol, your build is fucked up regardlessly of what you do, still have to adapt), from a full loomed mail set, completely viable before (useless now), to some fucking peasant rags; and this, just after a patch "supposed" to buff slightly builds like the one I had.

This is why I wanted to make free respecs to each patch a part of the game. But well, why should I care now, I'm having fun abusing literally every shitty melee mechanic/weapon I can abuse of, just to make people GTX, and to get somehow my revenge about some tearful melee players that considered my build as "completely game-breaking". Fuck you cRPG.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #410 on: September 10, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »
+1

Some may argue that it's a good thing to be able to do that. I was fortunate to be able to optimize my build during the last free respec, but others are stuck with messed up builds. The question is how broken would it be to jump from one optimized build to the next. A cooldown of a week or 2+ is necessary to prevent mass respeccing for strat and server trolling. It invalidates STF if it's too easy and causes threads like this to exist when it's too inconvenient.

A large problem I had with training lessons wasn't just the price, but its accessibility. It was a pain trying to outbid someone and wait a week if you lost. I think it should cost enough to drain significant gold out of the system, but let it be freely accessible.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #411 on: September 10, 2014, 11:23:07 pm »
+1
Some may argue that it's a good thing to be able to do that. I was fortunate to be able to optimize my build during the last free respec, but others are stuck with messed up builds. The question is how broken would it be to jump from one optimized build to the next. A cooldown of a week or 2+ is necessary to prevent mass respeccing for strat and server trolling. It invalidates STF if it's too easy and causes threads like this to exist when it's too inconvenient.

A large problem I had with training lessons wasn't just the price, but its accessibility. It was a pain trying to outbid someone and wait a week if you lost. I think it should cost enough to drain significant gold out of the system, but let it be freely accessible.

If they just set the price to 1 million gold (roughly the cost of a +3 item), then I think it is pricey enough so that you can't just do it on a whim whenever you want, yet it is still very accessible.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #412 on: September 10, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »
Or 1 free respec per 5 months or more. Why do you guys always want to complicate everything?

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2014, 09:55:48 am »
Except nobody cares about loompoints. One level is equivalent in power to at least 5 loompoints anyway, so there's really no good reason to not forget about looms and maximize your level. All the veterans have access to huge armories filled with +3. Even in Pixel Paladins, which is still a relatively modest clan, there are like 40 +3 items just sitting in the armory all day.

armory is communism. west countries had fight with for 50 years. and for what ? :mrgreen:

i mean... there is lotsa people who prefere to have their own equipment.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2014, 01:29:33 pm »
+1
there is no difference for 80% players between 1lp or 3lp bro.

I can't agree. Let say that it's a 3 weeks of playing, one retire at 31 per week, around 1,3kk per day. It's a lot of time. And in gold it's around 900k. To accumulate such a sum you need also few weeks. So 80% is exaggerated.

If they just set the price to 1 million gold (roughly the cost of a +3 item), then I think it is pricey enough so that you can't just do it on a whim whenever you want, yet it is still very accessible.
Sounds reasonable.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2014, 04:46:53 pm »
I'm feelin' suggestive today  :wink:

Other possible solutions:
Make it 1st price in lottery: add Respec voucher* on top of gold.
*Item that's tradeable and grants free respec when visiting Lezalit's "Academy of Battle".
Make the the auction for respec daily: that will soon lower the price for respecs once the bottled up demand has been bled a bit.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »
+1
I think at this point we can only ask devs how much they're willing to change since we've probably exhausted all ideas, lol.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »
+1
training lessons really are far too expensive :I

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #418 on: September 13, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »
Or how about just decreasing the xp loss for respecing by 50% (so 25% all in all)?
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.