Author Topic: Setting some rules of what and what not is allowed with players under pseydonyms  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
I strongly believe that the Devs, should set some rules regarding pseydonyms.

You need to set some rules, before something like this happens

hahaha, see, this is y anonymous hiring is kinda a bad idea...no thought it would be abused in anyway?

impersonation is bad enough...but the ways it could be abused...

imagine someone is trying to own a city

whats to stop one of the super alliances from getting a ton of THEIR OWN PEOPLE on both sides.

and when the battle begins, people on the inside using fake names, open the gates for their friends \ clan mates.

lol i could just see it to, being on defense, not realizing the other people on defense are from the same clan or alliance as the attackers...suddenly my own teammates are TKing me and opening the gates...

Plz tell me im not the only one thats thought of shit like that.

IMO, someone playing for the defence using a pseydonym, opening the gates and trying to harm the defence, is fucking awesome, BUT on the other hand, you just can`t piss on the face of all the people who spend time on strategus.

Thats why we need some rules about it.

Discuss please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
When players apply with a fake name, the person hiring can see their actual name. It's only invisible to the enemy. Your banner I believe is also the same as always. Obviously that is easily enough to change. It's mainly so you can roster for ppl that your friends might not want you to fight for, since if you DO break rules etc, the leaders who hired you and the admins will know who you are.

Its best to have a strat character who only plays strategus and does not get involved in any outside shit. Foxxy Longbottom would never sully herself by conversing with known bandits such as YOU Banos. At least not pubicly :D
I don't know enough

Offline Nyu

• Baron
  • Renown: 111
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nyu_the_Bro, Zausell and maaaaany more :D
AI fiefs don't really care for pseudonyms.
They don't check if both sides got people from the same clan.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
I strongly believe that the Devs, should set some rules regarding pseydonyms.

You need to set some rules, before something like this happens

IMO, someone playing for the defence using a pseydonym, opening the gates and trying to harm the defence, is fucking awesome, BUT on the other hand, you just can`t piss on the face of all the people who spend time on strategus.

Thats why we need some rules about it.

Discuss please.

As BlindGuy said, you only have a pseudonym in the battle.   Your scenario would be possible even without pseudonyms.

The point of pseudonyms is to allow people to join in a battle without starting a fuss. "HEY WHY DID YOU MERC AGAINST US IN THAT LAST BATTLE? NOW ITS WAR!".

And again for Nyu, AI fiefs don't care about much of anything and not having pseudonyms wouldn't prevent that problem.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
At the end of the day, it still falls on the admins to control strat battle griefing.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Foxxy Longbottom would never sully herself by conversing with known bandits such as YOU Banos. At least not pubicly :D

Yes, keep the pubis region clean, for worthier persons!  :D

Serious part:
I too think that the strategus pseudonyms have some holes in it that would require some thinkin' : basically, what needs to be fixed and what doesnt.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Just make impersonating someone/a clan bannable (unless it's some funny gimmick, admins can use common sense ect). It's the same rule that currently applies to putting on random clan tags on characters that are not in those clans.
All the names that are insults should be bannable based on if they were if someone said it in chat.

It's really pretty simple.

Offline Armycook_of_KSantiago

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • No mercy! No retreat! No remorse!
    • View Profile
Just make impersonating someone/a clan bannable (unless it's some funny gimmick, admins can use common sense ect). It's the same rule that currently applies to putting on random clan tags on characters that are not in those clans.
All the names that are insults should be bannable based on if they were if someone said it in chat.

It's really pretty simple.

Well, ban Diggles_Astralis then
Dinner is served!
(click to show/hide)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
I think it should have to be an actual impersonation.  If everyone on the Hospitaller roster applies as Hospitaller_[their name] then clearly it is good fun.  However, if I play as Hospitaiier_Goretooth and start making claims as if I was him, then clearly my aim is to grief or mislead that is a bannable offense,.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Abusing pseudonyms to falsely incriminate by impersonation is 48 hour ban minimum.

Griefing of teams, for AI signups in particular, will have to be dealt with forcefully as usual.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Abusing pseudonyms to falsely incriminate by impersonation is 48 hour ban minimum.

Griefing of teams, for AI signups in particular, will have to be dealt with forcefully as usual.
I assume you mean using that name and then going off with racist tirades or tking people, rather than what general disruption of the enemies orders?

Otherwise, Completely against what chadz said
It might be interesting when people try and fuck over other players by using a name similar to them. Let's see :)

Using someone else's name to disrupt communications and orders should be encouraged.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile

So giving fake orders is considered griefing, right?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
I dont like where this is going  :shock:

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
inb4 pseudonyms are removed
(click to show/hide)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
What I mean is that if you imitate someone's name and break the rules to try and get the real person banned for the rules you broke, it's a 48 hour or longer global ban for you.