Author Topic: Corsair's response to Kalmarunion invasion  (Read 16465 times)

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: Corsair's response to Kalmarunion invasion
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2014, 02:06:25 pm »
+3
clearly just sightseeing purposes. Clearly.
Oh didn't think about that, guess you are right
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2014, 02:17:47 pm »
+3
Played for Kalmar all the time last strat. Time do fight against them instead! :twisted:

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »
+8
You see great alliances where there are none. You are the fourth biggest clan on Strat and being supported by the three biggest ones and got some NA support by the Astralis it seems. We are less than 43 players and we try to do what we can to make this fun. We have a few independent friends, but no real factions behind us.
We have 30 members, there are at least 6, maybe 7 factions in EU that are bigger than us. The difference in players fighting against us and for us is noticable in the sheer amount of battles you have been able to throw at us, occupying nearly everyone who is remotely active, also using seemingly unaffiliated players to tie down multiple of ours. We have fought battles with 19 unique players already in about 48 hours of time. Don't know if you understand what effect 19 different players that are initiating 24 hour freezes has on a faction of 30 players with much less that actively move, but I can tell you it makes it very difficult to do anything in a 48h time span. We are the underdog here.

(click to show/hide)
...explains it self...
This is literally the first bit of support we have received, well, we haven't actually received it yet. Anything that has been fought so far and will be fought today are pure Shogunate armies using Shogunate gear based on a 30 player faction. With at least 19 enemy parties in our land based on about 60-70 total Strat players I think we have been doing reasonably well on our own. Quincy have been putting out more forces than expected and the attacks from the Boyar Sons, Gimest and Brigadiers added a completely unexpected 1000 tickets which are going to take well over 500 tickets of ours total, so we think the help you have been getting aside from the expected Quincy and Kalmar attack makes our Grey support seem fairly reasonable. Not to mention the locking down by the likes of Boerenlater and Lemon and such.

Sadly a lot of late battles and battles that serve no other purpose than locking our players up for 24h, but apart from that I am really enjoying this war and this Strat so far.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »
+5
This is what, the third day of war? Go army has reached dhirim, our scouts spotted him southwest of knudarr yesterday. Means he started walking at the same day the war started.

We have equipped people willing to attack you, gave some of them tickets, bought gear to some, gave gold to others - and some brought their own stuff to the party.

DRZ has turned down your call for help, GO has sent 500 troops sofar, about what could be expected. This is war, make the best you can of your situation and have fun while doing it.

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »
+4
Well we started from kinda the middle of the map and expanded very quickly at the beginning; I´m not surprised that we´re public enemy no1 atm  :oops:

But we wanted some fine action and no boring strat army-build-up-thingy and that´s what we´re having right now, nah?  8-) (although: tons of enemy pew pew, feels like stalingrad with all those ranged, dayum :I)

still, all that "youre just go bootlicker and you hide behind big clans"-babbling sure is annoying, pfeh. As if we couldn´t fight on our own  :rolleyes:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2014, 03:54:38 pm »
+1
i feel teeth put it well, but it's hardly the biggest support in the world, grey order sending us 500 soldiers when we're outnumbered approx 30 players to 70.

it's not exactly the most game breaking support in the world is it now. i think if we hadn't had such a good economy early in the game we'd already be dead now, fighting the odds we are. i think it's a testament to the dozens of byzantium players who diligently traded and prospered in the first few weeks of strat.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2014, 04:00:37 pm »
+1

Well we have 34 members on our strat faction, few of whom have so far grinded zero tickets and done nothing on Strat. We are fairly active which is the one thing we rely on trying to beat you. Byz average player skill is far superior to ours as is your ability to grind troops and gold by steamrolling EU1. I'm not saying it's unfair that you get help from the Greys, but many of those armies you mentioned were using our troops and silver. There's no big conspiracy against a small and weak Shogunate :rolleyes:

For me it's been a fun despite the terribad the battle times. Rosters are quite different with your guys (ab)using the spearmen and our side relying more heavily on archers. It's a bit sad that no other factions are willing to fight the peasant part of the strat against each other, but choose play more defensive. This part of the strat will be the most fun with the most unpredictable results. Later on it'll be just a numbers game and we all know who will win.

Gurnisson, I remember quite a few battles where you raped us as 1H cav too :mad:

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »
+6
i feel teeth put it well, but it's hardly the biggest support in the world, grey order sending us 500 soldiers when we're outnumbered approx 30 players to 70.

it's not exactly the most game breaking support in the world is it now. i think if we hadn't had such a good economy early in the game we'd already be dead now, fighting the odds we are. i think it's a testament to the dozens of byzantium players who diligently traded and prospered in the first few weeks of strat.

If it feels like you are up against
guys.....

we must really be doing a good job in this war  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »
+6
Oh come on guys, we all know that your already or about to receive support form GO.
Its no big secret. Its okay.

Shu Han where best buddies with UIF last strat, and your buddies now.
Its really alright, your simply siding with the strongest block on the map.
Who can blame you?

Just dont go around saying you aint friendly/ally's with em. And not receiving aid...

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
I mistakenly remembered the number of Kalmar as 43 instead of 34 when I said 60-70, but still, 18 Quincy + 34 Kalmar + 2 Boyars + 1 Brigade + 4 non affiliated that have attacked us = 59.

Just dont go around saying you aint friendly/ally's with em. And not receiving aid...
All I see is people exaggerating our point continously. You say we are UIF puppets or that we are running to our allies for help, which is blatantly untrue. We respond that everything that has been fought so far is 100% Shogunate, but that we are going to receive some aid from Grey Order. Then you tell us to stop claiming we are not going to get aid from Grey Order, which we never claimed.

This war is Shogunate with some assistance versus Kalmar + Quincy with some assistance, that is all. Our assistance hasn't kicked in yet though and Kalmar's assistance mostly consists of players using Kalmar troops and gold to attack us, which has been incredibly disruptive to our ability to fight or coordinate.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2014, 04:37:36 pm »
+1
Oh come on guys, we all know that your already or about to receive support form GO.
Its no big secret. Its okay.

Shu Han where best buddies with UIF last strat, and your buddies now.
Its really alright, your simply siding with the strongest block on the map.
Who can blame you?

after you've undergone a week being attacked by 50 clans (including some bloody NA clans, i dont know who i pissed off to achieve that one), it's not unreasonable to get a little help :)

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »
+2
I mistakenly remembered the number of Kalmar as 43 instead of 34 when I said 60-70, but still, 18 Quincy + 34 Kalmar + 2 Boyars + 1 Brigade + 4 non affiliated that have attacked us = 59.

Its a shame that there is no 30 man strat faction playing as Mercenaries that you could have bought with your fantastic early game economy, maybe that could have helped you.

30 Byz + 30 Mercs = 60

60vs 59  is pretty equal
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »
+1
Its a shame that there is no 30 man strat faction playing as Mercenaries that you could have bought with your fantastic early game economy, maybe that could have helped you.

30 Byz + 30 Mercs = 60

60vs 59  is pretty equal

we offered to pay mercs several times, they refused citing other contracts

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2014, 04:45:29 pm »
+1
Well if you had come in at the same time with a better bid than the Kalmar Union, I'm sure things would have been different
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »
+3

30 Byz + 30 Mercs = 60

60vs 59  is pretty equal
Using that logic it is 30 vs 89 now as Kalmar have you under contract. However, my count does not represent roster support, which has been pretty good for us, but Strat players that are engaging in Strat based activities like recruiting, trading or attacking.