Author Topic: Lower the arrow weight..  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Lower the arrow weight..
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2014, 08:19:50 pm »
+1
If you consider taking some melee skill as archer, it should be at least 6 PS and about 70-100 wpf so you don't glance like an idiot if fighting mailed guys. :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 08:28:16 pm »
+4
Lower the [w]eight!
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »
+3
With only 5 PS and 75 wpf in 2h, i do decent damage with an unloomed langes messer (after having dropped my bow and arrows on the ground).

Archers can "invest" some points and get melee capabilities, but will have an harder time against dedicated archer.

Guard_Tennenoth is a good example of a pretty damn good overall character.

Others just go around with blunt weapons and 2-4 PS, but with good melee skills, you can still hold and even kill some of your melee agressors.

Archers are not "weak", not even after all thoses nerfs. It's the perfect class to annoy crossbowmen, shoot down horses at distance, support some duelling melees, kill 2h or polearm heroes, launch a marathon against str whore with 4 athl, etc...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 09:02:15 am »
Played a couple gens of cavalry and it just not even fair against archers. I grape them harder then a Venice winery with cavalry. Most of the time the infantry just runs way ahead of them so it is really easy pickings on some maps.

Archers just need to be able at least keep up with the infantry with any build. The people who play cavalry all the time just go strait for the spawns and farm archers for valor and I do it too. It is pretty dumb and unbalanced like yeah.

Just drop the weight to around what bolts are that is all it needs. cmon guys seriously...
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »

watch the archer wave her epeen all over the place and watch me fail lol

this is before archers nerf.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 06:38:10 am »

That guy is probably 12/27 or 15/24 with only 1 pack of arrows. He does little or no damage to heavys. If you hit him he will just die. Cool video though..too bad people don't post the ones where archers get steam rolled by cav and outran by 16/21 plate guys.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2014, 06:58:18 am »
Hi my name is Daruvian and I've played far more generations of cavalry in NA than I would ever be willing to admit in real life.

An unaware archer can be easy to approach and hit, however a good archer with a tilde key who has experience in melee classes and movement will just be able to jump out of the way of your horse and pepper it until it is dead. Someone like flying_dildos, that ivani nerd, palatro, those guys.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 10:18:52 am »
+1

I remember that round. The archer with that short bow made 10 kills that round. I couldn't believe our team lost it as it was something like 9 vs 2 and most of them died from shortbow... It was after little bows got buffed but before additional penetration got removed. You can see the approx date by the winged great helmet still being bugged at the video.

Skyrim UI

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2014, 11:28:53 am »
the clip is recorded 2013-09-14

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2014, 11:38:27 am »
That guy is probably 12/27 or 15/24 with only 1 pack of arrows. He does little or no damage to heavys. If you hit him he will just die. Cool video though..too bad people don't post the ones where archers get steam rolled by cav and outran by 16/21 plate guys.

i did hit her once and also she was bumped several times by semi-heavy cav.

also i just did a sporadic fraps-rec, didnt knew i was gonna chase a my old friendcher for 5mins.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »
+1

Chasing an archer with your shield up 90% of the time... did you know it actually slows you down ?

But yeah, those pew-pew with low level spamming bows were a pain, normal arrows don't do any more damage anymore though.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2014, 01:35:14 pm »
i always keep shield up when i freelook, with that amount of cav i keep shield up pretty much most of the time because i have an my old friendcher in front of me and then them 2 or 3 cavs roaming around

its always easy to be wise after the event ;) yeah i fail alot in this clip, too much? shielding, stabbing when i should have done overhead and what not. i postet the clip to show the op'ness of archers back then not to show my failing, me failing is just a bonus for yall :p

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »
Hi my name is Daruvian and I've played far more generations of cavalry in NA than I would ever be willing to admit in real life.

An unaware archer can be easy to approach and hit, however a good archer with a tilde key who has experience in melee classes and movement will just be able to jump out of the way of your horse and pepper it until it is dead. Someone like flying_dildos, that ivani nerd, palatro, those guys.

Make an archer and then play with 0-5 athletics. Then try and dodge even when you know it is coming. No acceleration what so ever it is like walking with a construction site left and right. I really hope the balancers at least drop the weight by 3-5 per quiver or find another way to balance it by making the now semi crappy  basic arrows weigh less then the bodkins and tatars.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 02:16:13 pm »
i had x5 for 5 maps today on my archer. got valour 3 times. no im not very fast but then again i carry 2 quivers bodkins as well as a sword. i prefer to shoot enemy than dodge him though...  :twisted:

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

Im sure Daruvian can also be witness to the fact that more than half of the maps are more biased towards infantry gameplay based maps such as towns where archers can just sit on top of a roof and cav will never reach them.

On the more cav type maps that are very open, sure archers may get fucked over, but everyone does else too. Infantry gets screwed just as hard by a smart cav.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.