Author Topic: Lower the arrow weight..  (Read 5254 times)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
Re: Lower the arrow weight..
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:52 pm »
+2
Bows have way further reach dont forget that.
Don't turn your (valid) point into an argument against throwers.

I already stated that other guy didn't know what he was talking about. And hopefully this is the last time I have to say this. This is about the arrow weight and skirmishing. I have to argue a point and compare it to the balance of anything to get anywhere. Sorry throwers I don't hate you. I only hate running slower then you.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 12:07:48 pm »
+2
Remove my old friendchery and mod is balanced. :D

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:33 pm »
+1
+1

I totally agree. 2 bags of arrows weight as much as the black armor (because fuck logic). If you're not going to fix the repair problem, at least consider the weight one. Playing archer is a pain in the ass. Every single item breaks every fucking round. I lose gold all the time and I can't use my good stuff because of the upkeep. I'm always wearing shit gear to make gold to pay the fucking custom banner which is also too expensive.

Just fix your dead mod.

Us archers are not allowed to run away from Knights and now that everyone is agility gl guys. I ran away from some guy with plate once it was a good day I was faster then him.

Remove my old friendchery and mod is balanced. :D

Because you put a smile on the end of that I am not going to rip you a new asshole.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 04:27:19 am »
Getting out run by guys in full plate armor while my basic setup is only 7 weight my arrows and bow bring me up to 32 weight fix this nowW................................................................Seriously I am carrying a construction site.

I don't give a crap if the damage was nerfed to where I am shooting nerf darts. Make us faster damnit.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:30:43 am by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 04:34:58 am »
+1
If only there was a built-in system that limits running speed but keeps good acceleration for ranged.

With the recent changes, I think it'd be fine if arrow weights were reduced to what bolts are now, at least. Medium/Heavy 1h cav destroys them pretty badly right now, the extra acceleration would help them in quite a few areas. Hopefully a more elegant solution in the future could be crafted.

Offline Drakei

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT/Republic of Squids
  • Game nicks: Drakei_KUTT
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 05:32:42 am »
+2
You make a strong case MacLeod. Something needs to be done, it would be cool if archer just ran slower after a while so they could not run forever.  Good suggestion +1

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 08:01:43 am »
Solution: Go HA/HX, problem solved, you can now kite and dont bother with melee mechanics.

/End thread
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 08:55:49 am »
Solution: Go HA/HX, problem solved, you can now kite and dont bother with melee mechanics.

/End thread

You are a prick you know that?? Stop posting here.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 11:04:05 am »
+4
i played as an archer at the beginning of my c-rpg career, i remember i used to be able to run around and kite 8 melee guys and actually win.

If you are trying to look at the as a realism point of view, don't bother, theres a lot about archery that is unrealistic in this mod.

Archers are more than capable to melee these days, but they refuse to adapt their builds to do so, 0 slot 1handers are deadly as hell.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 11:19:58 am »
+1
If only there was a built-in system that limits running speed but keeps good acceleration for ranged.

With the recent changes, I think it'd be fine if arrow weights were reduced to what bolts are now, at least. Medium/Heavy 1h cav destroys them pretty badly right now, the extra acceleration would help them in quite a few areas. Hopefully a more elegant solution in the future could be crafted.

Not sure if cav is such an issue, but if it is why is it such a problem for ranged to have a counter? If cav is an issue you can tweak their mechanics a bit rather than buffing ranged which impacts all the other classes

Archers have plenty good melee potential now anyway with buffed 0/1 slot weapons and less impact from using armour (since the weight of arrows was increase)

If we have archers that can kite better then can we have some much needed xbow tweaks?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 03:08:47 pm »
+2
You are a prick you know that?? Stop posting here.
Its not like you are Gandhi yourself. It was quite pointless using the "my arrows weigh as much as full plate, it makes no sense" argument. Pretty sure that one will get u nowhere. Cause the game is not a realistical simulator.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »
+3
Kiting is killing the mod. Since they balanced archery, the server population has increased significantly.

But seriously you really want to be able to kite again? Isn't that kind of shit for other players?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »
+1
Not sure if cav is such an issue, but if it is why is it such a problem for ranged to have a counter? If cav is an issue you can tweak their mechanics a bit rather than buffing ranged which impacts all the other classes

Archers have plenty good melee potential now anyway with buffed 0/1 slot weapons and less impact from using armour (since the weight of arrows was increase)

If we have archers that can kite better then can we have some much needed xbow tweaks?

I don't think it's buffing ranged all that much by making arrows the same weight as bolts. 10 weight arrows to 6 still affects movement speed harshly, but would help with their acceleration for avoiding other projectiles and cav. Shields were made lighter and arrows stagger a player far less than before, so the situation for chasing archers with 6 weight arrows now for infantry would still be better now than before those two changes and 10 weight arrows. Still, I'd rather just wait for a better solution without having extremely heavy ammo since archers probably would just try to kite more with lower weight ammo.

I only mentioned cav since ranged does less damage to medium horses and above, heavily shifting the risk/reward for engaging even multiple ranged players. Just been playing 1h heavy cav for the past week (have only done light cav before), cleaving through multiple archers in succession, so I may be biased right now.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »
Cleaving through multiple archers in succession, so I may be biased right now.

Try that on EU1  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 04:33:32 pm »
Its not like you are Gandhi yourself. It was quite pointless using the "my arrows weigh as much as full plate, it makes no sense" argument. Pretty sure that one will get u nowhere. Cause the game is not a realistical simulator.

Tell me exactly why that is pointless please. Also I never said it was a realistic simulator..Please think before you type shit you sound so ignorant. Stop trying to piss me off not just you but tzar you guys are purposely saying stuff that has no real backbone just to troll. If you guys don't like archery this much then play some other game.

I don't think it's buffing ranged all that much by making arrows the same weight as bolts. 10 weight arrows to 6 still affects movement speed harshly, but would help with their acceleration for avoiding other projectiles and cav. Shields were made lighter and arrows stagger a player far less than before, so the situation for chasing archers with 6 weight arrows now for infantry would still be better now than before those two changes and 10 weight arrows. Still, I'd rather just wait for a better solution without having extremely heavy ammo since archers probably would just try to kite more with lower weight ammo.

I only mentioned cav since ranged does less damage to medium horses and above, heavily shifting the risk/reward for engaging even multiple ranged players. Just been playing 1h heavy cav for the past week (have only done light cav before), cleaving through multiple archers in succession, so I may be biased right now.

San makes good points because he is not just one sided you guys should think about both sides like he does before making your posts.

I have 62 health and 40 body armor but I can be 1 shot by melee guys. I don't see you guys having a problem with that or me bitching about it. There is also agility melee that play just to kill archers. I don't give crud about that but what I care about is plated guys chasing me down.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:48:10 pm by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod