Author Topic: Lower the arrow weight..  (Read 5140 times)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
Lower the arrow weight..
« on: February 25, 2014, 07:20:52 am »
                                                         Any archers and supporters reading this give your opinion and plead with me.

San made a nice point earlier in the post about cavalry just steam rolling archers. Cavalry was the normal counter to archers,now they pretty much dominate them. Heavy cav. eats them up pretty good as long as the horse can take a hit it can ride right in and kill. I am talking about one horse here killing,couching etc. multiple archers. The main reason why I say this is because the archer just cannot accelerate out of the way anymore just too slow.
If only there was a built-in system that limits running speed but keeps good acceleration for ranged.

With the recent changes, I think it'd be fine if arrow weights were reduced to what bolts are now, at least. Medium/Heavy 1h cav destroys them pretty badly right now, the extra acceleration would help them in quite a few areas. Hopefully a more elegant solution in the future could be crafted.

Tydeus says it is fine and honestly it's not. 18/18 build is the only real build where you can play as a melee fighter,and an archer at the same time sacrificing all or most wpf from a melee weapon. So I would go 155 archery wpf and 1 for like a 1 hander. Or 139 for the bow and like I think 45 for 1 hander. With the Agilty/Strength patch it is too hard to hybrid wpf for melee as an archer. Pretty much if you want to play a pure archer you would have to be saul canner in order to defend yourself with a shit 0 slot sword with 0 power strike and 1 wpf. AND you run slower then shit so footwork is out of the question unless you drop your bow.(Your only damage)

Another point I have to make is it is not as easy as you think to shoot a bow it takes time and skill. I can see some of the earlier nerfs like damage and the balance of the bows;sure I liked that but the arrow weight has to go it's bull shit. 10 weight can kiss my ass. I am not playing archer anymore until it is buffed....

As a pure archer build standpoint running around with plate armor on your back is an unbalanced nerf. With all the damage,stun nerfs I think you guys can give a little love to the archers for once. Also archers have to wear little or no armor so they don't slow down to nothing even with 4-6 ath.(Some have to go 18/24 just be faster reducing all chance for melee damage until around level 32-33) The only real way to get speed is too throw down all the quivers. That is like throwing out all the ammo in a ship and that is not nice precious,no it isn'ts.

Throwers on the other hand. WP too pt reduction,they can jump throw,throwing speed is faster then a bow draw and their tossables do not weigh anything compared to 10 per. I don't think it is balanced to have throwers be able to skirmish and run around with 18/24 builds 8ath and get away from melee,but archers cant. You might as well give throwers 50 missile speed so then you don't need any other thing.  :)

Originally it was nerfed because archers would skirmish run faster then the melee guy then shoot. BAAAT what is the difference between an archer skirmish shooting and a guy with war darts doing the same thing?

I am blunt,ignorant but I have a point some where in that mess. ty for reading MAC

This armor is the equivalent of what I am wearing on my entire body as an archer. 32.2 that stuff below is 32.4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:17:58 pm by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lower the arrow weight..
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:33:02 am »
+1

(click to show/hide)

They would likly more nerf throwers now, instead of reducing the weight of quivers.

U know, chadz was an adventurer - but he got an arrow in his knee ...

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:17:01 am »
+1

(click to show/hide)

They would likly more nerf throwers now, instead of reducing the weight of quivers.

U know, chadz was an adventurer - but he got an arrow in his knee ...

It is just the way the class is played. You should be able to run away w/o having to drop all your gear plain and simple.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:19:07 am »
+1
It is just the way the class is played. You should be able to run away w/o having to drop all your gear plain and simple.

Wait wait wait... Your Forum avatar and your signature are from Braveheart. So I am assuming you've watched it. In Braveheart, don't the archers drop EVERYTHING running for their lives, when Wallace takes the field?

Surely Mel Gibson is a 2h hero who plays cRPG and only had the archer stand in actors drop everything because he hates archer poke  :lol:

Haha, JK my friend. But uh, yeah, I wish you luck in trying to get archery buffed when it was just recently finally "balanced" by the devs.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:28 am »
+1

You know that this was meant as a joke? Didnt u?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »
+2
Wait wait wait... Your Forum avatar and your signature are from Braveheart. So I am assuming you've watched it. In Braveheart, don't the archers drop EVERYTHING running for their lives, when Wallace takes the field?

His forum avatar is from Braveheart? What! Check your facts, mate. :P

Anyway, quiver weight is quite heavy indeed, now as archer you're as fine with 1 ath as with 7. You can't run without dropping the arrows. People like that so it probably won't be changed at all even if many archer players complain about it. The weight buff is also a reason why I stopped playing Archer.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »
+5
Just for the record, the reason the weight is so high is so that archers can't kite easly, if you make the weight back to original weight you will get an enormous amount of archers that can kite again. Atm if your high level (24+ agi), you can run away from most people (with your bow and arrows still equipted) but if you start turning around and shooting they will catch you in no time, so it's actually pretty ballanced in my opinion. If you are still getting caught you probally have low ath/agi so that would be the same as ivani4 complaining about getting out run.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:26 pm »
Just for the record, the reason the weight is so high is so that archers can't kite easly, if you make the weight back to original weight you will get an enormous amount of archers that can kite again. Atm if your high level (24+ agi), you can run away from most people (with your bow and arrows still equipted) but if you start turning around and shooting they will catch you in no time, so it's actually pretty ballanced in my opinion. If you are still getting caught you probably have low ath/agi so that would be the same as ivani4 complaining about getting out run.

Well I never stated returning it to what it was originally. There are a few ways to do it.

1. Lower weight to what bolts are at for all arrows.
2. Balance the weight per arrow class. Basic arrows 4 Bodkins 6-7.
3. Kill yourselves get better balancers and have them do it.

I feel that the weight can be balanced to a middle ground. And not all archers have the same amount of skill as the testers that are constantly nerfing archery. What about new people FIND MIDDLE GROUND DAMNIT!

I AM FOR THE PEOPLE,I WILL BE YOUR HERO,I LOVE YOU ALL! GUD BLESS!
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 09:29:52 pm »
+1
You will never be given run!

You got shit tonnes of buffs in melee so you shouldn't have to be give run
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
+5
Go die in a fire....

Your response is a sad story,and worthless for this post. Go back to picking your nose or having your mom do it.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:49:55 pm »
+1
It might also because the range of agi builds everyone is playing now average player has like 5-6 ath.
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 08:26:33 pm »
+5
So you basically asking why do throwers have the good life and the archers dont? Quite simple really. It is the accuracy and range. An archer can take a higher position some part of the map and can hit a target almost anywhere thats in its crosshairs. Its a degree of luck and skill. A thrower on the other hand cant. It is impossible. He has to be relatively close to his target to actually hit him, so melee happens more often for them and they have less ammo. Thats why there are a lot less players with pure thrower builds then there are pure archers. Also the other thing is Strat. Throwers are often....well forgotten when it comes to equipment. Either u are hybrid, use an alt or you mostly miss out on the action.

And the difference between archer skirmish shooting and a guy with wardarts doing the same is, that a guy with wardarts does quite shit damage, while an archer can wreck your day with just one arrow. There are exeptions, sure, but a wardartthrower with more then 7pt, almost never happens.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »
+1
So you basically asking why do throwers have the good life and the archers dont? Quite simple really. It is the accuracy and range. An archer can take a higher position some part of the map and can hit a target almost anywhere thats in its crosshairs. Its a degree of luck and skill. A thrower on the other hand cant. It is impossible. He has to be relatively close to his target to actually hit him, so melee happens more often for them and they have less ammo. Thats why there are a lot less players with pure thrower builds then there are pure archers. Also the other thing is Strat. Throwers are often....well forgotten when it comes to equipment. Either u are hybrid, use an alt or you mostly miss out on the action.

And the difference between archer skirmish shooting and a guy with wardarts doing the same is, that a guy with wardarts does quite shit damage, while an archer can wreck your day with just one arrow. There are exeptions, sure, but a wardartthrower with more then 7pt, almost never happens.

You make great points there. Personally I am not trying to put throwers in the middle of this but I had no choice.

I didn't want to bring the range of bows into this conversation but it was bound to show up sometime. An archers ONLY advantage is it's range. Once that is gone then the only archers that can effectively defend themselves are the hybrids.  Some of the maps in battle are small and even the medium maps;a lot of the times you get off 3 shots and some agility guy is running you down in the back. No way to escape even if you throw down your quivers. Where as an 18/21 or 18/24 thrower would be fine with the proper mouse skills.

The throwers accuracy is not as bad as you say I played thrower for 3 gens a while back and was sniping dudes with it. Medium range sniping,dudes on top of ramparts,as long as you stand still when you throw it goes pretty damn strait. The missile speed is not even half of what the other ranged weapons have kind of throwing it off a bit I would guess. ...Or you could just throw like Elway.

And you saying that a bow damage wrecks more then a wardart is false. The MW+3 wardart does 29 pierce damage that is right in between a yumi and a rus bow - the  bodkin arrows. The throwing speed compared to the bow draw of a yumi or a rus increases the dps of throwing attacks. Throwing also gets modest damage from wpp and a heafty 10% per pt level. So lets say I have 6 pt,6pd.
29x60%=17.5 29+17.5=46.5p Now that is at 29 damage. Bow 29 damage now. 29x84%=24 29+24=53p.  So the wardart is 46p and a bow shot is 53p. Now is that difference worth not being able to run away from melee?
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »
+3
Bows have way further reach dont forget that.
Don't turn your (valid) point into an argument against throwers.