Author Topic: Flamberge vs Great Long Bardiche  (Read 6326 times)

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Flamberge vs Great Long Bardiche
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 04:40:52 pm »
I've posted that in the beginner forum before. A search for animations will quickly find a thread with those values.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 05:16:00 pm »
Hmm nice to know. It always felt like there wasnt much room for error in a "range" match vs another 2h handed weapon.

Offline Seprest

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »
Where did that data come from?  Is it even for warband?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 04:04:38 pm »
Disregarding footwork, if you block your opponent's attack and attack as soon as you can afterwards, your opponent can never hit before you do. No matter the weapon speed.

This is false. I was dueling an Agility-stacking Katana-wielder with my GLB (30/9 build), and every time I would block him, I would IMMEDIATELY follow up with my own swing, but he would hit me with his next attack before my swing even came close to landing. Frustrating to say the least.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 04:13:20 pm »
This is false. I was dueling an Agility-stacking Katana-wielder with my GLB (30/9 build), and every time I would block him, I would IMMEDIATELY follow up with my own swing, but he would hit me with his next attack before my swing even came close to landing. Frustrating to say the least.

lol. But, that's to be expected, right ? And to counter him with your GLB, you just have to use footwork to make his low-PS katana bounce off your heavy armor, all this whilke launching your own attack. He will be the one frustrated.

On a side note, ALL chambered attacks will hit before the unlucky guy attacks again.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »
On a side note, ALL chambered attacks will hit before the unlucky guy attacks again.

The terminology people use in this game can be so ambiguous. Obviously I can't deliver a "chambered" swing right after I block, because I just blocked, so I can't be holding a chambered swing. Now, maybe you are talking about "chamber blocks" aka "ripostes", which I seem to only ever pull off accidentally. I could never rely on them as a tactic.

I got no problem with the Agi-ninjas dicing me up with their katanas, because it takes them like 6 swings to kill me, and I can kill them in one. It's just embarrassing being totally helpless like that.

With regard to your footwork comment, rushing in to the ninjas face to induce more bounces is suicide, since my GLB is useless at pointe blank (a long polearm bounces more than a short sword at zero range, regardless of power strike).

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 11:20:54 am »
The terminology people use in this game can be so ambiguous. Obviously I can't deliver a "chambered" swing right after I block, because I just blocked, so I can't be holding a chambered swing. Now, maybe you are talking about "chamber blocks" aka "ripostes", which I seem to only ever pull off accidentally. I could never rely on them as a tactic.

I got no problem with the Agi-ninjas dicing me up with their katanas, because it takes them like 6 swings to kill me, and I can kill them in one. It's just embarrassing being totally helpless like that.

With regard to your footwork comment, rushing in to the ninjas face to induce more bounces is suicide, since my GLB is useless at pointe blank (a long polearm bounces more than a short sword at zero range, regardless of power strike).

You must do overhead strikes in close combat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »
I think GLB needs a damage buff.
Just look at both flamberge and GLB which would scare you shitless and seperate your body apart when someone slashes you ?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 04:17:00 am »
Hmn i dont agree  :)

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 08:14:11 am »
1-0 for tzar!

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)