Author Topic: "Teams are unfair, no multi for you"  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"Teams are unfair, no multi for you"
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:53:20 pm »
+10
I'm not really sure if this is a problem in any other servers but I get this message a lot in siege. I'm no expert, but it seems to be fucking broken

Teams are fair, same amount of people on each team, at the end of the round I get "teams are unfair blablabla" message

Twice as many defenders as attackers, teams are apparently fair and defenders get multis (this actually happened i'm not just making stuff up)

does it take other things into account, like level and shit? or is it just amount of player?

pls fix
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: "Teams are unfair, no multi for you"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:16 pm »
does it take other things into account, like level and shit?
Yes.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:15:44 pm »
+2
happens too often imo. Happens like 50% every round when there are 10 vs 10 or lesser. There should be no upkeep to pay when this happens.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 02:06:11 am »
+1
This really kills small population servers. And makes it much harder for the initial population to form for the big ones.

I believe it also takes into account the total damage done per team. So even with equal players, but if it was a bit of a stomp the server won't give multi.

Seems unfair, it's not like the players themselves can help it.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:29:50 am »
+1
it only kills NA_2. EU_2 has more population at 3 am in central europe then NA does at prime time.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:56:14 am »
it only kills NA_2. EU_2 has more population at 3 am in central europe then NA does at prime time.
this is exactly why it should be fixed.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 03:46:14 am »
this is exactly why it should be fixed.

The NA population doesn't like siege so the population is low. The fix for it is to get more players to play siege. MAKE IT SO NUMBER ONE.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 04:37:12 am »
The NA population doesn't like siege so the population is low. The fix for it is to get more players to play siege. MAKE IT SO NUMBER ONE.

The actual problem is NA doesn't have as much crpg players as EU does. Also doesn't help that the map rotation is horrible and on low population siege servers the defenders respawn near flag before attackers can get back to attack the flag.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 04:54:04 am »
+2
The actual problem is NA doesn't have as much crpg players as EU does. Also doesn't help that the map rotation is horrible and on low population siege servers the defenders respawn near flag before attackers can get back to attack the flag.
Thats not the issue. While we have fewer players, we still get na1 hitting 110 players during prime-time but only 20-30 for na2. NA players have simply never played siege very much. We like deaths coming with consequences.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 05:06:43 am »
+2
Its an 8v8, hey you guys fought well, so well in fact you captured there flag! But fuck you, you dont get a multi, so suck it the fuck up and maybe try again?
Happens pretty much on a daily basis.

Also is anyone amazed that this is the first reasonable forum post that Bicep has ever made?

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 05:39:17 am »
Thats not the issue. While we have fewer players, we still get na1 hitting 110 players during prime-time but only 20-30 for na2. NA players have simply never played siege very much. We like deaths coming with consequences.

doesn't help when its a clan vs a bunch of pubbies that continuously get rolled over and over and stay on x1. P.S deaths on siege have a consequence, you die you lose flag.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 12:11:53 am »
+1
doesn't help when its a clan vs a bunch of pubbies that continuously get rolled over and over and stay on x1. P.S deaths on siege have a consequence, you die you lose flag.

There is one possible fix,but it is not a full tech fix. The maps for NA2 could be made smaller crafting into our population of around 15-30. Pretty sure the map list is all the same for EU and NA so that would be the only tech part of the operation.

The maps would have to be made balancing the small pop we get every night and the spawns,etc. So unless we get some epic mapper who understands balance and combines all the variables for NA2 specifically making it much more fun to play drawing more players away from battle..It will always be the same.

I could help with the mapping of new maps if anyone was interested. I will help you balance it. Maybe even help edit it as well.(I have the editor setup) This would be the easy step,making the maps would take a couple weeks or so with a lot of work invested. The hard part would be to have NA2 having its own unique map rotation and not the EU2 map rotation. I may be ignorant saying that though because I am not 100% positive NA and EU have the same maps.

Okay that was me being optimistic.

Now for the cynical part of it. If nothing gets changed it will always be the same,and will never happen. The NA players like battle more probably because when we die we can eat Cheetos and drink Mountain dew. idk haha.. If no one steps up and takes their real lives to making the maps and convincing others. BOOM 15 pop for life gg

ty for reading MAC-----I am an ignorant buffoon I know but people love me.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod