• Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • KbW KbW KbW #1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: KbW_Jester_MB One_Handed_Hero_Fag
Siege
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:01:17 pm »
Why did people stop playing siege? I just looked back on my noob days (Still bad) and i remember when siege had 100+ people on it what happened?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

''You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.''

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Siege
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:43 pm »
main reason stackers

2nd re-spawn location/mech.

Offline Kitten_Mittonz

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • cRPG Player
  • KbW KbW KbW #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »
Yah but you can stack on battle
and the spawns on battle are predictable so if u spawn late u get raped by cav half of the time

''You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.''

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:14:09 pm »
It was 94/200 last I checked, so maybe people were having a break when you checked?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:15:30 pm »
+2

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 08:19:10 pm »
Yah but you can stack on battle

Why did people stop playing siege?

i dont play battle either. but you asked about siege so keep to siege or change title

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:22:18 pm »
eu has about 100 players online at siege
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Kitten_Mittonz

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • cRPG Player
  • KbW KbW KbW #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:22:46 pm »
It was 94/200 last I checked, so maybe people were having a break when you checked?
Idk i think your talking about eu there cuz in na its empty af

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:23:20 pm »
+1
Idk i think your talking about eu there cuz in na its empty af
You should have said so :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
+1
0\

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 09:07:49 pm »
+18
Main reason for me?

Multis

for battle its not a bad system, but for siege its horrible. There is just nothing that makes you want to leave the game more, then trying your ass off, killing 10-20 in 6 mins, and getting nothing for it.

Fun aside this is an xp game, we are all here to grind our chars, nothing screams "k, fuck siege, time for battle" more then having an amazing rnd, and not getting rewarded for it.

And now that so few people play, more often then not, siege usually goes down a lil something like this

Rnd 1: defense, you do amazing, try ur ass of, but unfortunately lose in the last min, possibly due to team, possibly due to unbalanced map. you lost, but you did save flag a bunch of times....valor goes to? usually noone, anoher reason siege is unrewarding, but when it does go out, it rarly goes to the people saving the flag, it goes to the people that leave their teammates to rack up kills on the wall or enemy spawn.

Rnd 2: k, so rnd 1 was frustrating, no biggie, you have a good team and your attacking now...you are doing well.....goddamn it..TOO WELL SLOW DOWN OR people will leave...too late, people already leaving, hurry get to the flag b4 its too late....your at flag, its dropping,,,soo close, almost there,,,boom!! yes, u won!!

"teams unfair" GODFUCKING DAMMIT THERE IS ONLY A 2 PLAYER DIFFERENCE FFS!!!

Rnd 3: back to defense...k screw it, i know im gonna lose this anyway...go for valor. you head for the walls, and for whatever reason, everyone fallows you....flag is ninja capped

Rnd 4: well if they can ninja cap it...i can too,...so you sneak around, screw helping ur team, screw getting point or kills, drop the flag, thats all that matters...haha u are there, no one sees you, its dropping..annnnnnd, DONE IT DROPPED!! U WON SUCCESS!!!

"teams are not fair"

and cuz u ninjad instead of fighting on the wall....valor if any, goes to....well, not you going after the actual objectives u can bet that

so u just spent all that time on a x1....its the equivalent of getting stuck with thee absolute worst team in battle mode, where you just know you are gonna keep getting steam rolled and stay on x1 for 30 min to an hour...which is a battle players worst nightmare ( besides the actual knightmare of course )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True story, happens all the time, very frustrating, very unrewarding, very pointless...yeah, it can be fun to play, ultimately ruined by the fact you need xp to grow, and the xp system in this mode is HIGHLY FLAWED
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 09:52:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)

i would give u even 10x +1 but i cant....

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:06:38 pm »
+1
I stopped playing siege because, mainly, a good battle map or a good DTV map only takes a comparatively minimal amount of effort to balance compared to siege maps, and rage ball maps are obviously automatically-balanced considering the concept.

Too many bad siege maps, and not enough people willing to put in the effort to make enough replacements to weed out the terrible ones.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 10:09:16 pm »
+1
I stopped playing siege cus Greys HRE and Fenris

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 10:36:49 pm »
I stopped playing siege cus Greys HRE and Fenris

Not DRZ? How weird...
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥