Author Topic: Is it Possible to track Win/Ratio Loss?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Is it Possible to track Win/Ratio Loss?
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:27:22 am »
+3
Is this possible in CRPG? We were able to get score, so wouldn't w/l ratio be doable?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Is it Possible to track Win/Ratio Loss?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:10:59 am »
+2
would be much better than k/d
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »
+2
would be much better than k/d
Win/loss ratio would probably be more volatile than k/d ratio, but i supose that the more the merrier.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:19:55 pm »
+4
Seeing as the system is able to communicate to the database that you won the last round and that you should get x2 xp for the next one, I assume a win/loss ratio is perfectly doable.

And on that note I highly support it being displayed on the website, although I support any ideas of presenting us with statistics, statistics are fun. Regardless of that I feel that win/loss ratio is a very interesting statistic as it shows your success at achieving what is for me the ultimate goal of any round you play, winning said round. Score and kills still miss numerous actions that can be very important for winning. To name a selfish one, the fear factor of my pike in an engagement heavily influences my side's chances of winning that engagement regardless of whether I deal damage.

I think it would be a good idea to track this statistic, not only just for show but also to base team balance on if it isn't used already. It simply takes everything into account, most importantly it perfectly balances for banner stacks. In any case this could be an idea for the new game, win/loss ratio becomes quite a reliable measure for your worth as a player in an objective based game mode if it is based on enough rounds I'd say.

Win/loss ratio would probably be more volatile than k/d ratio, but i supose that the more the merrier.
I'd think win/loss ratio would be very consistent and I'd presume that the best player in the best banner stack has a win/loss of like 1.4 and the worst random of like 0.8, the differences could be even smaller.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »
Seeing as the system is able to communicate to the database that you won the last round and that you should get x2 xp for the next one, I assume a win/loss ratio is perfectly doable.

And on that note I highly support it being displayed on the website, although I support any ideas of presenting us with statistics, statistics are fun. Regardless of that I feel that win/loss ratio is a very interesting statistic as it shows your success at achieving what is for me the ultimate goal of any round you play, winning said round. Score and kills still miss numerous actions that can be very important for winning. To name a selfish one, the fear factor of my pike in an engagement heavily influences my side's chances of winning that engagement regardless of whether I deal damage.

I think it would be a good idea to track this statistic, not only just for show but also to base team balance on if it isn't used already. It simply takes everything into account, most importantly it perfectly balances for banner stacks. In any case this could be an idea for the new game, win/loss ratio becomes quite a reliable measure for your worth as a player in an objective based game mode if it is based on enough rounds I'd say.
I'd think win/loss ratio would be very consistent and I'd presume that the best player in the best banner stack has a win/loss of like 1.4 and the worst random of like 0.8, the differences could be even smaller.
You forgot 1 big variable that can heavily change the outcome of a round, regardless of how well you did:
bad teams, or to say it in another way.... fighting banner stacking.

I think that the clans who often ''abuse'' the banner stacking would get a much higher win/loss ratio, even though they might not be performing as well as other players, who mostly play alone.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »
+3
Average points per round visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 06:13:49 pm »
Idk if u were around for it but when ATS or LLJK ran that 1 server they had crazy stat tracking on their website!!!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 07:33:23 pm »
+1
You forgot 1 big variable that can heavily change the outcome of a round, regardless of how well you did:

I think that the clans who often ''abuse'' the banner stacking would get a much higher win/loss ratio, even though they might not be performing as well as other players, who mostly play alone.
I didn't forget about it, I actually mentioned it, but in a different context. Obviously win/loss ratio reflects the quality of your banner stack as well and in a huge way, which I mentioned. That is no reason to not display it on the website though. It is just a neat little personal statistic that just you can see, not some e-peen swinging device or player ranking system. If it makes you happy perhaps the website should display average win/loss ratio in your banner group next to your own, so you can get a vague idea how bad you crutch on banner for your ratio. Perhaps someone can even come up with a nerdy formula that adjusts for banner.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:45 pm »
* and it can be used to display a commander score whenever someone applies for the position. It not only reflects skill but understanding of the game and working for the team..

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
I love Statistics! I wish we had average score and W/L Ratio.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12:04 am »

This same thing also effects KDR. *shrugs*
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 01:14:21 am »

This same thing also effects KDR. *shrugs*

I don't think it affect k/d that much actually

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 01:21:24 am »
+2
I don't think it affect k/d that much actually

I would argue that being on the winning team almost always improves your personal performance. If you are on the non-banner stacking team and your team is simply getting pub-stomped, it doesn't matter how good you are personally. If all your allies drop dead within the first minute, you aren't going to be able to kill too many enemies in a 1v20 situation. Being on the banner stacking side improves both win/loss ratio and therefore KDR. As far as I am concerned, KDR is directly proportional to win/loss ratio, and both are influenced by banner stacking. It should be pointed out sometimes you want to be on the non-banner stacking team if there is simply a really shitty clan on, or if the large clan has good members who are all just jerking off together in TS and couldn't care less about the game at the moment.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:32 am »
I think I'm on the losing side most of the time and my kd is decent, lol.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 01:42:00 am »
I think I'm on the losing side most of the time and my kd is decent, lol.

What is a decent kd, just wondering
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.