Author Topic: What does it feel like to have a broken nose?  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
What does it feel like to have a broken nose?
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:36:50 am »
+1
#CHRISTOBLOG

So yeah I injured my nose, and I'm looking for a bit of an information on this, did you have any nose related injury, especially breaking?

I just want to know if it's the same thing I have. It's somewhat swollen around the sides, slightly reddish but not purple or anything on the middle/top, and I got a bit of a mini-scar in the center that was bleeding, but it stopped pretty quickly. Also the tip of my nose was kind of numb the day it happened, but I feel my nose entirely now.

Nose seems straight and even, other than the scar I mentioned. if I move it to the side it hurts kinda. can't tell 100% because of the swelling though. I can breathe somewhat ok (I always have nasal issue because of allergy or in winter because of the weather),

move fine, sleep just fine unless I really press hard on it  :lol:

I don't think it is THAT serious but I know that injury can be super sneaky, so I'm not sure.

Also how to cure this shit?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: What does it feel like to have a broken nose?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:24 am »
+2
smoke some weed or drink some beer/liquor.

You should be ok.

If you can move it around with out excruciating, unbearable pain and it doesn't look crooked or uneven it probably isn't broken.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:57 am »
+15
Why are you posting as Christo, Gnjus?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:46:50 am »
smoke some weed or drink some beer/liquor.

Yeah that's how I got it. An asshole attacked me in the bar I like to visit for no reason, surrounded me in the toilet with his friends, then when the staff came and I was talking about what happened he jumped from the crowd that separated us and hit me in the face again. In front of the entire staff and cameras, genius. Cops were called but I was busy stopping the bleeding to care much.

That's where this one came from, I recovered quite fast and asked everybody (it's like a small community everybody knows everyone lol) if it's fine, they said just stop the bleeding and it should be fine. Hell I am in good relation with the people who work there and got some drinks even and some really nice support from a guy I always get drinks from. One of them had a birthday and we had a really good time while my nose was all bloody!  :mrgreen:

My family makes such a fuss about it though, as if my nose was tilted comletely or something and it makes me frustrated.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:03:24 am by Christo »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:37 am »
+12
He surrounded you in the toilet with his friends...

Swollen nose is far from worst case scenario.  :lol:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:49:58 am »

I know right

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:18 am »
+2
I've had such. It's not like you will be able to tell this by yourself, you might just have a small chip broken off. It's always a good idea to see a traumatologist or whatever doctor is responsible for these kinds of things, else you risk having problems - such as a broken nose healing in a bad way or something.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 09:30:08 am »
I've had such. It's not like you will be able to tell this by yourself, you might just have a small chip broken off. It's always a good idea to see a traumatologist or whatever doctor is responsible for these kinds of things, else you risk having problems - such as a broken nose healing in a bad way or something.

THis!
------------
Take an extreme close up, and post on a medical forum, at the very least.

Not sure if i would want to bother with a doctor, if it dosn't get worse. But! Your nose might heal leaving it somehow deformed... Not a big deal for a male, but still.
Never had mine broken, so it's just common sense. :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:36:40 am »
Not a big deal for a male, but still.
Yeah, thought so as well when I broke mine, but now  I have a stuffy(?) nose all the time because of it and its annoying. So go see a doctor now Christo, who knows what kind of problems you might have years later because of your laziness today

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:50:56 am »
+1
If you live in the first world, go see a doctor immediately.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 10:00:23 am »
+2

So glad you brought this up... first thing I thought of!

Anyways, I've got what they call a "Deviated Septum" which occurred from a potentially broken nose. Many years back I took a soccer ball (football, I guess you might call it :lol:) to the nose, and ever since I could barely breathe out of my left nostril. I didn't really think much of it at the time, just thought it would heal with time and all. Then it became the norm, and I totally forgot about it. Then I stopped being super active, and when I went on an excruciating hike last year, I nearly passed out since I couldn't breathe. I don't have asthma or anything (as far as I know) and I noticed that even though I was breathing regularly, I just wasn't getting enough oxygen it seemed. So I went to a nose doctor (forget what their 'medical name' is) and he said that my septum had deviated somewhere in my past, most likely due to the soccer incident. Basically, it just means that after getting hit, the septum (cartilage in the middle of your nose, what separates your nostrils) was bent off to one side, and healed that way. If your breathing is perfectly normal, and neither nostril feels at all stuffy, then you should be fine. However, since you said you have allergies, you may want to visit a nose doctor nevertheless. My septum was apparently severely bent, but in such a way that you can't really see just by looking at it. I never once saw that my nose was crooked in the years since I took the ball to the face, but after learning that my nose was indeed bent, a long, long, loooong look in the mirror told me "oh, I guess, it MIGHT be considered crooked, if you look at it from this angle... under this lighting... under a magnifying glass..."

Long story short, it might look fine, but may not be underneath. If you can breathe normally though, don't worry too much. As far as what I can do to your nose if the septum is indeed displaced... well, the only option is surgery, where they have to break your nose and realign it... I have yet to go with that option.. still deciding, since being unable to breathe is a bitch. If you catch this problem earlier, I am not sure if there are any preventative measures that they may be able to take to keep your septum straight and your nasal passages clear! :P

And Logen... I'm thinking you've got the same problem as me. My left nostril feels forever-stuffy because the septum is covering more than half of the nasal passage. Might want to go get it checked and potentially go with the surgery if it is really bothersome.

Hope this helps!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 10:05:50 am »
Air comes out just fine, but often times it's only one nostril when I'm just sitting around, if I'm really active though then both work immediately.

That's how it is since I remember,really.

Never felt that I'm about to pass out or anything. But it might be different now, you got me a bit scared lel
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:09:53 am by Christo »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 10:10:03 am »
+2
Ready for broken noses. Anywhere. Anytime.

You are the hero this forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 10:33:27 am »
Air comes out just fine, but often times it's only one nostril when I'm just sitting around, if I'm really active though then both work immediately.

That's how it is since I remember,really.

Never felt that I'm about to pass out or anything. But it might be different now, you got me a bit scared lel

Lol wasn't meant to scare yah... I only once felt like I was going to pass out, simply because I was at a high elevation and frankly working too hard. Wasn't in the best of shape at the time, but the point was that instead of 'not being in shape' and getting cramps, high heart rate, etc., I simply noticed I wasn't getting enough oxygen and had to lay down for a bit. It ain't like I'm about to pass out since I can't breathe while playing c-rpg or anything. :P

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 10:34:32 am »
+4
If you live in the first world not USA, go see a doctor immediately.