Author Topic: Long Hafted Spiked Mace  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Long Hafted Spiked Mace
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »
+4
Give it (and long hafted knobbed mace) some more weight for better knockdown chance and easier chance to blockstun enemy and it will be fine.

I mean, we can't actually have it being equally good as a 2h since that would ruin the whole idea of having 2h as the noob friendly class for people who are bad in melee.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:17 am »
+1
why would you equal it to 2h swords, that makes no sense
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 10:15:16 am »
Yeah, no point in comparing it with twohanded blunt weapons. Polearms are comparable with polearms, twohanded - with twohanded. You can't really say what is better when you compare different weapon classes.

Now as I think about it, some weight buff wouldn't hurt, seeing as axes and bardiches weigh 3.5+, LHSM should weigh the same or even more. But otherwise it's good for its price and just overall good.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »
Spammable with a long reach? 2h swords have better reach and better speed, if you can spam someone with this weapon they just suck. And I don't need anything, this weapon on the other hand needs a BUFF BUFF BUFF.

The longsword is faster with stab so being ranged is actually you just getting into the swords range and the sword is faster . The right swing on this weapon has real good range, I'm knocked down 75 percent of the time I'm with this or a dumb piece of shit staff. Knockdown should also go by damage. A stick hitting heavy armor shouldn't be a knockdown

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:38 pm »
+2
Yeah, no point in comparing it with twohanded blunt weapons. Polearms are comparable with polearms, twohanded - with twohanded. You can't really say what is better when you compare different weapon classes.

Now as I think about it, some weight buff wouldn't hurt, seeing as axes and bardiches weigh 3.5+, LHSM should weigh the same or even more. But otherwise it's good for its price and just overall good.

You can compare considering there is a balance for each weapon class that also has a balance between the other weapon classes, otherwise you wouldn't be agreeing that it at least needs a weight buff when you compare it to just about every other weapon and most importantly the blunt weapons  :D. This is a huge lump of metal on the end of a thick wooden shaft, this shit should be heavy and get the weight bonus it deserves for being an unbalanced knock down weapon.

WEIGHT BONUS BUFF, HELL YEAH I DON'T EVEN USE THIS SHIT BUT I WANT TO SEE IT SMASHING my old friendETS ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 03:14:28 pm »
You can compare considering there is a balance for each weapon class that also has a balance between the other weapon classes, otherwise you wouldn't be agreeing that it at least needs a weight buff when you compare it to just about every other weapon and most importantly the blunt weapons  :D. This is a huge lump of metal on the end of a thick wooden shaft, this shit should be heavy and get the weight bonus it deserves for being an unbalanced knock down weapon.

WEIGHT BONUS BUFF, HELL YEAH I DON'T EVEN USE THIS SHIT BUT I WANT TO SEE IT SMASHING my old friendETS ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!.
I think it needs more weight because of polearm axes and bardiches that weigh 3.5, but I don't compare it with twohanders. Basically every twohanded weapon is stonger than its polearm counterpart, but polearms have more versality and pikes so in general I think the balance between 2h and polearms is fine.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »
it is my favourite polearm i have used it every generation as polearm i have played.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 08:31:35 pm »
+3
I'm a big fan of this weapon, having used it a lot, and I also own a +3 LHSM. It's not as weak as you suggest, but maybe a bit more weight (0.5 or so) would make it more balanced with the bar mace

One day, I will summon the moral fortitude to drag my eyes to the text portion of your posts.

Until then,

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »
Does arm extension add to range?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 11:04:09 pm »
+1
Does arm extension add to range?

Yes. This is why hoplite stab has more range than 2-directional or 4-directional polearm stab.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline rhaaz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:47:33 am »
+4
This is my main wep (Thugicus) i have used for years. They took away everything from it. Its hard to use with all the spam since the animations are slower than fuck. The stab is completely fucking worthless...it was "balanced" along time ago by a cunt...

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 02:40:57 pm »
+1
Yes. This is why hoplite stab has more range than 2-directional or 4-directional polearm stab.

2h sword users almost fall on there face extending!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »
This is my main wep (Thugicus) i have used for years. They took away everything from it. Its hard to use with all the spam since the animations are slower than fuck. The stab is completely fucking worthless...it was "balanced" along time ago by a cunt...

The stab was secretly good up until the latest patch.  Although the damage was bad, it did not glance much and had just as high of a chance of knockdown as the swings.  A lot of people never saw it coming, and paid for that.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 08:42:28 pm »
Use Long Hafted Knobbed Mace
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D