• Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: FML
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 12:10:17 pm »
+1
Also, for those that happen to be single (or don't care), get the Tinder app, it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 12:10:51 pm »
+5
Or just stop trying to date altogether and save a lot of money and hurt feelings. And you get extra time to do something less gay and less boring.
This sound so hurt and lonely.  :cry:
there there Xant.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:21 pm »
+1
BEEP BOOP IF_INPUT 200 DOLLAR OR_GREATER_THAN; THEN OUTPUT_EQUAL SEX; RUN RELATIONSHIP.XML

She accepts to have a dinner on a Valentines day. She does not split the bill, even though it is obviously not a cheap diner place ( she has a job, so it's not about money as such ). She invites him to "have a drink" afterwards, at her place - can't get any more obvious, it's pretty much the case of OUTPUT_EQUAL SEX, considering they are both grown up adults.
If you put all these facts together, one would expect her to have sex, even just this once. That would be a fair deal and an honest thing to do.
Long term relationship is something entirely different, dont mix it with a one-night stand after a party/date. And how about being ignored at work?.. That's just not nice at all :( Either Sir_Hans got totally scammed here, or there was more to the story.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:39 pm »
+4
She doesn't owe him sex (or anything else for that matter) y'know...

Whatever you do: Don't turn bitter like some of the guys here.

You had some bad luck. You probably made a few mistakes, and this girl is at your work which sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Standing around predending you're the protagonist of a 40k fanfic (to preserve 'dignity' or whatever) will not get you anywhere. Be outspoken, be nice, be yourself and eventually you'll find something that's worth it.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »
+2
She doesn't owe him sex (or anything else for that matter) y'know...

If she wants to "be friends", she does not own him sex, she owns him 100$.
Although i keep forgetting that i am 30 years old, so i might have a different attitude to these things. All this romance was much more complicated when i was 16 :D

EDIT:

I will ask my wife what she thinks of this situation. Though i am sure she will agree with me...

EDIT2:

Just finished talking to my wife. She does not agree with me at all... In fact, she said that she have done similar stunts herself in the past. Apparently, not talking at work is a sign of regret - the girl regrets going out on that date :( And not splitting the restaurant bill means nothing - it is to be expected, if the girls looks good. That just sucks...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:38:05 pm by Armpit_Sweat »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »
+1
This sound so hurt and lonely.  :cry:
there there Xant.
I'm sure it sounds hurt and lonely if you're looking at it from the perspective of someone who needs another person to feel complete. If you look at it objectively, though, who is more fucked up -- the person who is fine by himself, or the one that gets "lonely" and depressed without someone else being there to, I don't even know, prop him up or something? I know which is easier logistically.

Now, I know humans are very predisposed to finding a mate and mating thanks to evolution, but apart from that, relationships really are more trouble than they're worth. There's no need to go along with the programming of the blind idiot god.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 03:11:49 pm »
+6
I'm sure it sounds hurt and lonely if you're looking at it from the perspective of someone who needs another person to feel complete. If you look at it objectively, though, who is more fucked up -- the person who is fine by himself, or the one that gets "lonely" and depressed without someone else being there to, I don't even know, prop him up or something? I know which is easier logistically.

Now, I know humans are very predisposed to finding a mate and mating thanks to evolution, but apart from that, relationships really are more trouble than they're worth. There's no need to go along with the programming of the blind idiot god.
You just went full fedora :P

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:05 pm »
+13

I can see your point, and i agree. But my penis says no. And i have to obey my penis :(

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:50 pm »

Now, I know humans are very predisposed to finding a mate and mating thanks to evolution, but apart from that, MY relationships really are more trouble than they're worth. There's no need to go along with the programming of the blind idiot god.

This is now fixed to only perspective you get on this topic(or can you show us some legitimate studies that will proof your point other than "I have a friend who have simmilar") and this is also what makes it sound sad.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:06 pm »
+1
This is now fixed to only perspective you get on this topic(or can you show us some legitimate studies that will proof your point other than "I have a friend who have simmilar") and this is also what makes it sound sad.
Relationships, unfortunately, are not rocket science. Turn on the TV, talk to your friends, look at the mountains of folk wisdom, read a book, a magazine, an interview -- the world is full of relationships. Most of them share the same qualities. When you've heard one relationship story, you've heard them all. Even this thread is proof of how stereotypical they tend to be. Whether you consider them to be more trouble than they're worth, of course -- well, YMMV. But I can confidently say that you would be better off if you didn't worry about them at all.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »
+3
I actually spend 8 years of studying them first as psychologist now as psychotherapist and you Xant are wrong when you say that they share same qualities. There is even no point in explaining it becouse this statement is only from your emotional point of view nothing more. You clearly read books, magazines and shet and look for simmilarities to your own perspective. Evidence against this statement is crushing, people create very many diffrent romantic relationships.

http://psp.sagepub.com/content/21/3/267.short

http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jldavis/readings/Knee_1998_implicit_theories.pdf

I see no reason to quote more. So next time when you say that relationships share same pattern or whatever finish sentence by "according to me".

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »
+2
I never said she owed me anything for the two bills I spent on the date, I only said that it was a waste of 200$.

There is a difference.

I should have just canceled reservations and brought her to mcdonalds with a couple 40 oz. beers in paper bags.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:15:36 pm by Sir_Hans »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »
I actually spend 8 years of studying them first as psychologist now as psychotherapist and you Xant are wrong when you say that they share same qualities. There is even no point in explaining it becouse this statement is only from your emotional point of view nothing more. You clearly read books, magazines and shet and look for simmilarities to your own perspective. Evidence against this statement is crushing, people create very many diffrent romantic relationships.

http://psp.sagepub.com/content/21/3/267.short

http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jldavis/readings/Knee_1998_implicit_theories.pdf

I see no reason to quote more. So next time when you say that relationships share same pattern or whatever finish sentence by "according to me".
Nope, you're wrong. Those two papers do not disprove anything I said.

Also, since you wasted eight years of your life, I'm pretty sure you're the one speaking from an emotional point of view, not me.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:29 pm »
+1
Xant you never find the point where to shut the fuck up, do you?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:04:49 pm by Utrakil »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »
Neither does your mother.