Poll

What would you vote?

Independence
76 (52.8%)
UK
68 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: Independent Scotland  (Read 13828 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Independent Scotland
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 03:59:43 pm »
The thing is, that is one of their main arguments for indepedence:Despite the Scots voting something else, since England sometimes votes Tory, they have a Tory government that they do not like. So why not bring it one step further? Then the ones discontempt with this keep it on.
Or, if what you said was done, Majority of the UK decides, Scots (and the rest of the UK, but since in this case Scots are in the rest) SHOULD comply.

Why not bring that ingenious idea to another level, majority of EU decides that Scotland stays in EU but leaves UK. Makes sense, no? Or even better, majority Europeans vote for whole UK to stay in European Union. Brits have to comply, isn't that right?

Don't try to be clever when it's quite obvious you're not.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 05:35:41 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:44:42 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 218
  • Infamy: 1563
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »
You anger very easily, i was just making a funny lol. Still mad that we ignored your offtopic copy/paste about how the british empire is no longer relevant? Because it wasnt relevant to the thread so we didnt care, i dont mean that in a harsh way it just looked like you'd been waiting a long time for a semi-relevant thread to post that.

Jokes are way better when you explain them amirite? If you're looking for profound insight into the political situation in the UK from a random joke then prepare to be disappointed.

Was quoting Moncho, not you. Not angry, why should I be. You're the angry ones who can't swallow the hard truth that British Empire doesn't exist anymore, that you don't run USA as many of you seem to believe, can't comprehend that Gandhi actually kicked you out from India, that in South Africa people call themselves Afrikaners. Even Aussies don't give a fuck anymore.

Your country still is strong and important but it will never be major player again. It is better for you to fight with Germany and France for main role in EU, because you have good chance at that. Being alone and independent won't grant you desired results, at best you'll stay where you are.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »
 :lol:

Random Leshma rant just proves Cymro is right.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:41 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:44:37 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2141
  • Infamy: 2169
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »
:lol:

Random Leshma rant just proves Cymro is right.

Random or not you'll see for yourself if you guys choose to leave EU, some 10 years after that.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »
Thing is Leshma, your fighting an invisible battle. I don't know many people who think the way you've described.

Sure many people want to separate from the EU but other than that your spouting nonsense. 

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Bitch please. The "we are not a major player anymore QQ" was a subject in the UK back in 1920. By now shitton of generations have lived and ruled there without the major player status and thats why they dont care about it anymore. They stopped giving a crap about it long ago.  Im pretty sure if you look back, its even so remarkable that people with such few numbers owned such vast amount of lands for so long in the first place.

Many brits belive they rule USA? Fo reals? Cymro you are a britmy old friend. What say ye? Does Obama suck the royal English crown and bagpipe? :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 978
  • Infamy: 1739
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 06:11:37 pm »
One thing Scotland should take into account is that they even have the freedom to have this vote, how many other unions would just allow a major member to have a free vote to leave?

Monteblack in spanish left union with Serbia in 2006 (majority vote). A decade after the end of civil war which seemingly started because another country wanted to leave federal state. Monteblack in spanish was best bud of Serbia and pretty much the place where Serbs emerged from for almost a millennium. That is longer than English/Scotland love affair. It took just 10 years for Balkan barbarians to figure out democracy, imagine that? And now you pride yourself how you're special for allowing them to vote. ROFL! You shouldn't even consider denying them that right if you call yourself civilized. But you wouldn't be British if you were able to have realistic approach to situation and not hype your own nation into  stratosphere.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »
But you wouldn't be British if you were able to have realistic approach to situation and not hype your own nation into  stratosphere.

Haha o dear it gets better.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:22 pm »
I think Leshma is jelly at brits.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2669
  • Infamy: 367
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »
USA is a federal state, UK is an union. That is the difference.

our proud British feathers

You sure you're not Frenchie? Last time I checked lion and bulldog don't have feathers, unlike rooster.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:00:32 pm by Leshma »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »
ITT: Discussion about SCOTLAND and Leshma trying very hard to receive attention.

--edit: very, very, very hard indeed :lol:

On topic: I don't see how this can possibly be an economically viable move. Rule of thumb: pooling resources = higher efficiency, better for everyone.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:18:30 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2436
  • Infamy: 1966
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
ITT: Discussion about SCOTLAND and Leshma trying very hard to receive attention.

I'm so sorry Mr Global Moderator. Oh wait...

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2014, 07:48:57 pm »
+2
I want to write so much on this subject but I know that I am biased beyond reasonable doubt and have nothing but my heritage of my Grandmother being Scottish giving me any sort of credibility so I'll keep it brief. The only way I could live further away from Scotland and still be in England is if I walked 5 minutes then swam to the Isle of Wight, I'm so utterly detached.

I don't want Scotland to leave, simply as I believe the economical implications for both the remainder of Britain and Scotland will be hard to mitigate and I really don't want anything to boost the moral of things like the "EDL" (English Defence League). In that respect I am selfish as in the end, it will effect how I live, but I think everyone can relate to that. Other than that I really don't know what to think about this whole thing, I just fear for the two countries regardless of the way that the vote goes, I don't see a good outcome of this whole escapade.

At the end of the day, I can't do bugger all about it so I can just watch from the sidelines, laugh at the politicians and hope to anyone that'll listen that Mr. Fish doesn't screw up Scotland because if there is one thing that I can take away from this whole thing, Fish doesn't know which way is up. If Scotland do get independence, make sure you get someone in charge who actually has an idea of what they're doing.

I thought long and hard what to write, so I hope I've gotten my views across without sounding like the pretentious Southern Toff that I really am.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are