Author Topic: DTV Changes - some infos  (Read 8233 times)

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
Re: DTV Changes - some infos
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:49 am »
+7
Absolutely no one on the NA server has disagreed that the "new changes" are awful.
So now when there are 10 of us, we are wiping at a 30+ bandit wave. We think we have a tactic that works (until it doesn't), and the map immediately changes to a new one, preventing any adaptation.

A leecher problem? Kick polls are turned on; what you think you're doing with these changes is the exact opposite.

Also what makes you think adding more bots will discourage leeching? I'm pretty sure if they were leeching in the first place they dont give two shits if its detrimental to the team. Fips' sometimes you have great ideas, but poor implementation; at least you're able to post the change log; good on you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:49 am »
+4
Fips you killed DTV in NA :(

at least raise the reward amount to make people want to put on better gear

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 08:59:32 am »
+1
Agreed. DTV dead. This is not fun. :(
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 09:26:21 am »
Stop whining, instead of bitching and posting retarded comments like these ^ post something that will help fips make dtv better.

Offline Goeths

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:51 am »
+1
Finally there's a challenge that requires team to actually play to advance.
I'll miss the good old relaxing open maps, but since Fips stated it many times now that he'll never bring them back, we'll just have to work with what we get.

The main problem is that most of the ppl playing DTV dont understand how to play certain maps even when you tell them over and over again :(....

If you remember the shieldwall times when you as a commander had to spam the hole chat for like 4 rounds until your teammates understood that a shieldwall would be a good idea  :rolleyes:

Offline Wonkysaurus

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 10:08:35 am »
+2
Stop whining, instead of bitching and posting retarded comments like these ^ post something that will help fips make dtv better.
Take away the changes from NA.

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 10:28:43 am »
+8
The difficulty level has increased ten-fold, although I feel the last patch had it nearly balanced. This is not only due to the scaling bot waves but also the multiple spawn points that sometimes surround the team immediately. If we were defending entire castles with a 100 player server, this may be justified. I know you've spent a lot of time trying to fix the "tunnel" that a lot of people complained about, but now it seems we've gone in the direction of an over-correction. (Porridge too hot, porridge too cold scenario)

I haven't spent a lot of time in DTV since the newest patch, but the instant map change is quite unfair. The three-loss change seemed fair enough, allowing strategies to be formed without overplaying a map to make it stale.

My personal suggestions to Fips and da Crew:
- Bring the map change limit back to three losses, for reasons stated above.
- Keep the bot scaling, but reduce the numbers a bit. It does bring a dynamic factor, but at the moment I feel like we're Spartans facing a certain death every map.
- Stick to the maps that are more "village" like. This will not only satisfy the "old and faithful" DTV players, but allow newer players to get a small taste of Strategus village defense (with much less yelling).
- Adjust multiple spawn points to be in closer vicinity. Bots may spawn in one location, but with the open village maps they won't be restricted to a narrow funnel.
- Take everything we nerds say with a grain of salt. You spend a lot of your free time listening to our gripes, and do your best to appease everyone. You play the game too, and not everyone keeps that in mind when they capslock flame at you.

edit;
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:52:27 am by SP1N »
(click to show/hide)

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:55 am »
+1
I must check this out, sounds fun with more bots to bash :)

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 11:27:48 am »
+4
Meh, I never played DTV for xp nor gold. For me it was just a place to chill out at if other game modes were low populated or filled with ranged. After these changes I fear that it can no longer be casual fun, because it'll fuck up all those lower level people. The waves used to be more than big enough before, and only way to deal with them was to either s-key and spam overheads with some long ass weapon or try to get a shieldwall up somewhere. Very repetitive and not fun that way. Why not try to make the waves more challenging without increasing the bot number? For example by making more mixed waves or something...

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 11:33:13 am »
+3
I never had any interest in DTV until now. Previously it was a mindless struggle to abuse the mechanics and bots as much as possible. Now, there is an actual sense of accomplishment to handling higher tier waves, because it's harder and requires more teamwork.

It is a good thing that you actually have to play to be able to win, instead of actively leeching off your teammates.
Monkeys!

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »
+2
it'll be hard to all things u've listed to make me wear a better equip  :?  of course my equip differs a little at peasant and tincan waves but...

i would like to see some personal rewards, for example: (don't take numbers into account)
+ if u kill lot of bots, your max reward is ~45000 exp
+ if u wear good armor your reward becomes ~50000 exp
+ if u survived you get 5000 more exp, so max 55000 exp, if killed -5000 exp
+ killed a teammate -10% of reward exp, 2 -20 % of reward
+ each th -1%
+ remove exp limitation, make it possible to get lot of exp at peasant waves for best timings(atm it's invisible bonus) etc
+ rewards for killing bosses (fips, mylet etc)

so i'd like to see it more flexible..just dreams

ofc any update is good, the only thing makes me angry is bot's stucking(usually cav), so it becomes not DTV but ATB "attack the bots" :d
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:19:14 pm by Soulreaver »

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:22 pm »
+2
An actual reward for beating tincans would be nice.

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 12:31:18 pm »
+2
An actual reward for beating tincans would be nice.
This. If there is none, often people lose on purpose so that they can keep the map longer.

@soulreaver:
-Why should your armor matter? I disagree with that, it would make agi builds who rely on staying around and outrunning them much weaker.
-About the extra rewards, I do not agree. For example I am a shielder, I lure people to my shield, hitting much less than the 2h/pole heroes around me, yet since I am the one receiving the blows and cannot attack that much, I get penalised? Hell no.
+I'd love the survival bonus xp, since it would make people to play a bit more cautiously and help the team like that, as well as punishing active leechers (autorunners, suiciders, etc).
-Teammate (th and tk) malus would be abused by griefers getting in your way/purposely annoying.
-The xp limitation removal would make the latter waves skyrocket in xp, I do not think it would be good, DTV is already very rewarding. (maybe too much imo)
-About the bonus for killing heroes, it would cause people to fight over who gets it, leading to ths and tks

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »
+2
Dtv is about teamwork therefore no1 should be punished/rewarded extra for number of kills, staying alive, equip etc. Why should a 2 hander benefit more than the shielder next to him? Without that shielder the 2 hander would not kill as many that easy.

A bonus for completing tincans would be great though!

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 01:21:57 pm »
+1
I dont think you get it Panos. :(
cRPG is the only mod for a game i have seen that has an ultimate goal to remove fun so you can... um... i dont know what... Seems just reduction of fun is the case.
yea it is why it is most popular over 3 yers old mod for  M&B

if you will ever reach skill lvl in archery that you have in whining you will be able to solo full eu1 with all stars roster

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?