Poll

Do you think that the STRENGTH requirement for Medium/Heavy tier armours, should be increased?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours. POLL ADDED!  (Read 26273 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Increase the difficulty requirement on Medium/Heavy tier armours.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 03:09:58 am »
+1
Comparing weapon to armour is bit stupid, you people forget that plate armor is usually well balanced, with strenght distributed all over the body.

Swinging fuckhueg heavy mallet is going to require much more strength than wearing plate armor.

Strength requirement for plate should be 18 at maximum, anything more is ridiculous.

I take part in Medieval events where people play Warband in RL you could say. These who collapse during a battle or in the heat of the sun are always the ones who wear the heaviest armor (which is surprisingly mail rather than plate). Not sure if this is transferrable to cRPG in any way, but from this perspective, I think it is harder to fight in heavy armor than wielding a big weapon.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 03:53:29 am »
+1
I take part in Medieval events where people play Warband in RL you could say. These who collapse during a battle or in the heat of the sun are always the ones who wear the heaviest armor (which is surprisingly mail rather than plate). Not sure if this is transferrable to cRPG in any way, but from this perspective, I think it is harder to fight in heavy armor than wielding a big weapon.

true, except that doesn't have much to do with stregth. more of a stamina issue. and like... dehydration
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:21:33 am by Dooz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 09:57:18 am »
Realism has never been paid any attention in this mod, so why start now?

And if it was then why are throwing lances the most difficult weapon to carry in the entire game? They need a minimum investment of 21 Str and 7 skill points, that's more Str than Great Maul + a skillpoint sinkhole.

Basically it looks like they decide to balance things in terms of 'this something only high Str can uuuse, lets make it high Str', so why not up the Str requirement? Even with 18 requirement you'd still have 18/21 2handers leaping around with 7 Athletics at level 30, 8 athletics at level 33, so it's not like increasing Str requirement to 18 would ruin anyone's anime hero 'i can leap around with a massive weapon and weapons cannot hurt me through my SKILL' immersion.

At the moment you can crutch spammy agility builds and crutch +3 plate armour sets at the same time, the 2 options should exclude each other, nobody should have the best of both worlds unless compromising on both with a balanced build; but speed bonus, pierce damage and low Str requirements allow a build to specialize in high damage attacks, attack speed, movement speed and tanking all at once which makes zero sense in terms of gameplay. Well, at least it keeps me off the servers and playing Europe 1300 or native (people can only spam you if they're BETTER than you there :O it's a strange feeling lol).

I will say what other people already said: You will not be effective as agiwhore wearing plate armor. If anything, they should increase the weight, and make it so that characters with higher strength are less affected by weight.

To str crutchers: And tbh I dont give two shits about str crutchers crying that there are people that are faster than them. If it bothers you guys so much then adjust your builds and get some agi and athletics. Nobody forced you to stack 24 str and 8 PS.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 10:15:55 am »
+2
At the moment you can crutch spammy agility builds and crutch +3 plate armour sets at the same time, the 2 options should exclude each other

This, I'd even go as far as putting Milanese and similar plates 21 str requirement
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
+3
Agility player - for example 18/24, don't have any penalties for heavy armor (for example using transitional armor)
Strength player - for example 24/18 - same transitional armor.

With this builds above - STR player is slower, and they both will do about the same damage (because of speed bonus and more wpf for agy player), and AGY player will spam STR player with more fast attacks.

So what is the advantage for STR player?

If devs raise difficulty for all armors and weapons, than will be more balanced.
If player want to use heavy armor and heavy weapon he will need to invest in STR. If someone want to play with more AGY he will use light armors and weapons.
And that is common sense and more balanced game. That formula is used in so many games - more STR - heavy class / low str - light class (more AGY).

Right now AGY have huge advantage.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:57:38 am by Sagar »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Heskey, thank you for doing my dirty work  :mrgreen:

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
+2
add STR requirement for shields also
now you can wear Steel Shield(weight: 11.5) without any problems even if your str is 3
make its effectiveness depends on STR instead of AGI> no agi shield whoring

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
add STR requirement for shields also
now you can wear Steel Shield(weight: 11.5) without any problems even if your str is 3
make its effectiveness depends on STR instead of AGI> no agi shield whoring
So you want a guy with 30/9 10 if 10 ps 10 shield skill? It has been mentioned countless times and it is a terrible idea.
Now you can go for high durability shields but low damage and good movespeed or high dmg but less effective shield. Otherwise with STR shield you could go for either shitty damage and shield but you can move decently (yay) or amazing shield, amazing damage, and all for the cost of some movespeed which your shield effectively negates (shields are heavy)

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
one matter at a time, lets manage to fix the armours first and we`ll see for the rest..

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
+1
Actually when I wear heavy armor I lose 90% of the speed advantage I had before and it isn't as great as you guys make it seem...

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
Actually when I wear heavy armor I lose 90% of the speed advantage I had before and it isn't as great as you guys make it seem...

whats your build?

• King
    • View Profile
+1
15/24

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
+2
15/24

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

• King
    • View Profile
+1

says the HA...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
+2
Using plate or other heavy armours with an agility build is destroying the whole point of your build. Not worth it at all.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.