Author Topic: Ranged stagger removed (Update: made much more rare)  (Read 10659 times)

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
Re: Ranged stun removed (Update: made much more rare)
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2014, 12:57:02 pm »
+1
Stunning ppl or kiting them is in a way the same thing imo. Both are used to help the archer keeping them at distance as long as possible.

True,but what i mean is that kitting is based on moving yourself and prevent the enemy from moving (towards you) so when they lesser the one (Stunning) you will be "forced" to upper the other (running).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
Re: Ranged stun removed
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2014, 12:58:27 pm »
Wasn't this reverted so as to just make ranged have no extra armor penetration bonus compared to melee anymore = equalizing the two damage-wise?

Same with the new change with stagger, some people seem to take it as a nerf when in fact it is just equalizing poles, 2h, 1h and ranged.

They did revert it?

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:36 pm »
BUTTHURT

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
+4
i'm sorry but this is just the stupidest change i've ever seen, you've basically buffed thoughtless, "high armour charge directly at a group of archers spamming and rely on your hp too soak the damage rather than actually thinking" play with this change

honestly, this is so dumb.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
True,but what i mean is that kitting is based on moving yourself and prevent the enemy from moving (towards you) so when they lesser the one (Stunning) you will be "forced" to upper the other (running).

It is wrong either way. When someone manages to come that close to you, you already failed as an archer, as should happen if confronted to a better player. Use your sidearm and fight for your life.

i'm sorry but this is just the stupidest change i've ever seen, you've basically buffed thoughtless, "high armour charge directly at a group of archers spamming and rely on your hp too soak the damage rather than actually thinking" play with this change

honestly, this is so dumb.

This is true. Thinking is so effective, I can kill archers with my mind alone.

Seriously, stop spouting random bullcrap.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:08 pm »
Its actually easier now forarchers to work together, with arrow stun gone a group of say 3 archers should be able to mow down 2 handed heros charging them without any problem.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »
+9
Next to the increased weight of arrows this seems to me like one of the heaviest nerfs to archery so far. And I dont really understand why it was implemented. Was archery still considered overpowered? You might feel the urge to troll me, but I am seriously asking this, because I dont see alot of archers beeing high on the battle scoreboard since I started playing again, with some exceptions like blackbow, stevee, tenne, woodland and a few others (and that probably only happens because they are all pretty decent melee fighters as well). And the scoreboard seems to me the only measurement I got for their effectiveness.

May be its also just getting nerfed again and again because some players in this community who run around naked! without a shield 90% of the time complain about being shot ded.
Or that cav players topping the scoreboard and getting valor fairly often, in all doing pretty well from what I can see post pictures of their dead horse spiked with a shitload of javs and arrows and the subtext "Nerf ranged", whereas in my mind the question arises: Why can your horse even survive that many hits from ranged? :shock:
I dont believe me to have a really objective view on the topic, because archery is basically the only class I play. Maybe it needed another nerf due to balancing, I just would like to understand the devs motivation for these changes.

Yesterday I played some hours with the new patch and with and mw horn or rus bow and mw bodkins I think I didnt stun anyone once. I dont know how it is with a longbow, maybe someone using one could confirm that stun still exists and was not removed completely?

Anyways, bottom line for me is that archery is less and less fun to play each time I come back to the game so I would be really happy to see you guys giving out some respecs for the people affected.

Cheers

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:16:11 pm by StuLLe »
If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:30 pm »
Next to the increased weight of arrows this seems to me like one of the heaviest nerfs to archery so far. And I dont really understand why it was implemented. Was archery still considered overpowered? You might feel the urge to troll me, but I am seriously asking this, because I dont see alot of archers beeing high on the battle scoreboard since I started playing again, with some exceptions like blackbow, stevee, tenne, woodland and a few others (and that probably only happens because they are all pretty decent melee fighters as well). And the scoreboard seems to me the only measurement I got for their effectiveness.

May be its also just getting nerfed again and again because some players in this community who run around naked! without a shield 90% of the time complain about being shot ded.
Or that cav players topping the scoreboard and getting valor fairly often, in all doing pretty well from what I can see post pictures of their dead horse spiked with a shitload of javs and arrows and the subtext "Nerf ranged", whereas in my mind the question arises: Why can your horse even survive that many hits from ranged? :shock:
I dont believe me to have a really objective view on the topic, because archery is basically the only class I play. Maybe it needed another nerf due to balancing, I just would like to understand the devs motivation for these changes.

Yesterday I played some hours with the new patch and with and mw horn or rus bow and mw bodkins I think I didnt stun anyone once. I dont know how it is with a longbow, maybe someone using one could confirm that stun still exists and was not removed completely?

Anyways, bottom line for me is that archery is less and less fun to play each time I come back to the game so I would be really happy to see you guys giving out some respecs for the people affected.

Cheers

...really good words.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:50 pm »
Why should you be entitled to a stagger when you click on guys from a safe distance, and melee that can be easily blocked doesn't? When you have great melee weapons with inbuilt 100% melee counter and in the case of xbows, pretty much the same builds as melee guys in melee

Don't worry though, your nerfs will be reverted or turned into buffs elsewhere so nothing really changes
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:23 pm »

It still exists. I have been staggered a couple of times by a longbow hit, as of the newest patch.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »
Hit the legs, certain stagger. Or so it seems.

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »
Don't worry though, your nerfs will be reverted or turned into buffs elsewhere so nothing really changes

hahaha, grumbs, that made my day. You almost had me there, Troll! :D

Hit the legs, certain stagger. Or so it seems.

I was actually talking about the stun we had before, not staggering. The stun makes people canceling all actions including movement, staggering only cancels attacks? Or do i get something wrong here?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:53:18 pm by StuLLe »
If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »
I was actually talking about the stun we had before, not staggering. The stun makes people canceling all actions including movement, staggering only cancels attacks? Or do i get something wrong here?

Stun = cancel attack, but can move freely.
Stagger = cancel attack, can't move.

These are apparently the correct terms.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »
Stun = cancel attack, but can move freely.
Stagger = cancel attack, can't move.

These are apparently the correct terms.

I'd of thought it's the other way around, when you're stunned you're unable to react.  Stagger is unsteady movement.

Unless this is sarcasm and i missed it ;^) Silly me.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:14 pm »
I'd of thought it's the other way around, when you're stunned you're unable to react.  Stagger is unsteady movement.

Unless this is sarcasm and i missed it ;^) Silly me.

Heh, no sarcasm here. Pole stagger used to do the same thing actually, you were locked in place and couldn't attack for a bit.