Poll

Who ruled the most land in the entire history of mankind?

A. Alexander The Great
21 (23.6%)
B. Julius Cieser
5 (5.6%)
C. Joseph Stalin
11 (12.4%)
D. Ad olf  Hi t le r
16 (18%)
E. King George III
16 (18%)
F. Genghis Khan
20 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Feel Like Recruiting is almost impossible...  (Read 1959 times)

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NARMIN
  • Game nicks: harv
  • IRC nick: Steam- Harv
Feel Like Recruiting is almost impossible...
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:23 am »
Man starting a new clan is harder than i thought. I mean there are about 40 clans out their recruiting, and maybe 3 or 4 players a month looking for a clan. I think more people need to play cRPG, bcuz almost everyone i see is in a clan. I have to go out and find my recruits on the cRPG servers, and even went as far out as recruiting native! Never have gotten one single apply on ladders.... What can we do about this ridiculously low number of cRPG players? 
what the fuck

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: Feel Like Recruiting is almost impossible...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:08 am »
+2
As long as Mercs, Byzantiums, Fallens, Templars and Nords keep on mass recruiting anything that can swing a weapon, you won`t be able to form a clan.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:54:51 am »
One of the biggest features the majority of people look for in a clan is an armory full of heirloomed gear. If you don't have that, most people will not stick to your clan even if they join. They will probably leave sooner or later.

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:57:28 am »
One of the biggest features the majority of people look for in a clan is an armory full of heirloomed gear. If you don't have that, most people will not stick to your clan even if they join. They will probably leave sooner or later.
Yeah i was wondering about that, I don't know how to put armor in my clan, i mean... i put it in there, but no one could use it?
what the fuck

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:37 am »
As long as Mercs, Byzantiums, Fallens, Templars and Nords keep on mass recruiting anything that can swing a weapon, you won`t be able to form a clan.
Well i know what you mean, but im NA lol. In this case it would be; Chaos, Hospitallers, AoW, GoW, Acre, ext.
what the fuck

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:01:37 am »

Nah, most players have their own +3 set by now. Most players want to join a big clan because of the perks that come with it, more kills , more gold/xp due to constant multi etc etc.

But as I said, as long as the already big clans keep on mass recruiting, no one else will be able to form a steady strong clan.

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:03:00 am »
Nah, most players have their own +3 set by now. Most players want to join a big clan because of the perks that come with it, more kills , more gold/xp due to constant multi etc etc.

But as I said, as long as the already big clans keep on mass recruiting, no one else will be able to form a steady strong clan.
Do you think it is possible to SUCCESSFULLY recruit people from native?
what the fuck

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 01:04:16 am »
Yeah i was wondering about that, I don't know how to put armor in my clan, i mean... i put it in there, but no one could use it?

Your heirloomed gear alone won't be sufficient. I mean, you probably have about 6-10 heirloomed items if you are a hard grinder (excuse me if I am underrating though). And sadly, that is nothing when compared to the diversity and number of items available in big, outstanding clans.

Also what Panos said. People want to ensure that they are safe with their clanmates on the battlefield. They want to have a lot of active people available to play with them.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 01:04:56 am »
Veterans, no.

But new players MAYBE, try persuading them into coming to c-rpg, help them and then hope they like the endless grind just enough to join your clan.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 01:10:51 am »
Even with the indies and the eastern part of north america, stalin owned more land than georgeyboy, but tens of thousands of square kilometers of wasteland called siberia doesn't seem to mean much.  Should have included one of the khans from mongolia with china, current russia, iran, turkey, etc all conquered.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:12:44 am »
Even with the indies and the eastern part of north america, stalin owned more land than georgeyboy, but tens of thousands of square kilometers of wasteland called siberia doesn't seem to mean much.  Should have included one of the khans from mongolia with china, current russia, iran, turkey, etc all conquered.

in some occassions quantity > quality.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:09 am »
+4
First time i started Wolves back in 2010/2011 it took me 2 weeks for the first recrute and after a month i had about 3-4 after 2 months about 6 to 7 after 3 months i think we had 10 and then it speeded it up and we got traction as people saw us playing together.

Now i build up Fenris within 4 months to 46 players. While a few joined from my former clan and quite another portion i brought back into the game after they havent played it for months anymore, 60% were not former Wolves, a lot of them i did know for quite a while though.

I also would not try to just recruit anybody, but when you see people without any actual clan banner but just with a default banner, without clan tag, chances are they are not alts of existing main chars already in a clan. You try then to play regularly with them and if you get a long, chating late in the evening when servers are empty ^^ or you start a conversation through crpg website pm, at some point you invite them. You should also be very clear for your own sake, what type of people you want to attract. Also you dont need to make artificial talks, if you want someone because he is a good palyer, just tell him that. Be honest to yourself and the players you invite!

Do you have a Faction Hall Thread, where you could refer to, with some information about recruiting requirements ready?
You can screen the faction hall pages of other clans to get some idear what you like to have and how you would perhaps present your clan.

How about a banner/sig with a link to the faction hall entry? steam group? teamspeak? You dont need all that right away, well the banner perhaps rather early on, as when people like it they are less reluctant to join as with a banner they would like to identify themselves with. If you need a professional banner Fenris Kass, did ours
(click to show/hide)
, but would do others too for a price.

When i was heavily recruting 3-4 months back, i had pen and paper always ready and when a player catched my eyes, i wrote him down. In that way per day i got perhaps 3 to 5 players, and late at night i wrote to them. That way within a week i got roughly 15 to 20 invitations to players out, but perhaps only 2 to 3 accepted the offer, not all of them right away. There is at times a lot of communication needed till every concern is addressed and no questions stayed unanswered.

The armory maybe important to some people true, but perhaps 1 out of 10 recruited players really asked for the armory or a special item if it would be avialable and it was at least for those who came or didnt came to Fenris a deciding factor.

EDIT:
recruiting Native i guess would need to be the other way round, you join a nativ clan whihc doesnt have palyers yet in cRPG, then you advertise there cRPG adn your clan after you got to know them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:18:13 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 01:30:06 am »
+2
the cataphracts did quite a good job in recruiting successfully.  maybe you need to find an appealing theme,  niche,  goal or whatnot.  set yourself apart of the bigger clans.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:39 am »
+1
First time i started Wolves back in 2010/2011 it took me 2 weeks for the first recrute and after a month i had about 3-4 after 2 months about 6 to 7 after 3 months i think we had 10 and then it speeded it up and we got traction as people saw us playing together.

Now i build up Fenris within 4 months to 46 players. While a few joined from my former clan and quite another portion i brought back into the game after they havent played it for months anymore, 60% were not former Wolves, a lot of them i did know for quite a while though.

I also would not try to just recruit anybody, but when you see people without any actual clan banner but just with a default banner, without clan tag, chances are they are not alts of existing main chars already in a clan. You try then to play regularly with them and if you get a long, chating late in the evening when servers are empty ^^ or you start a conversation through crpg website pm, at some point you invite them. You should also be very clear for your own sake, what type of people you want to attract. Also you dont need to make artificial talks, if you want someone because he is a good palyer, just tell him that. Be honest to yourself and the players you invite!

Do you have a Faction Hall Thread, where you could refer to, with some information about recruiting requirements ready?
You can screen the faction hall pages of other clans to get some idear what you like to have and how you would perhaps present your clan.

How about a banner/sig with a link to the faction hall entry? steam group? teamspeak? You dont need all that right away, well the banner perhaps rather early on, as when people like it they are less reluctant to join as with a banner they would like to identify themselves with. If you need a professional banner Fenris Kass, did ours
(click to show/hide)
, but would do others too for a price.

When i was heavily recruting 3-4 months back, i had pen and paper always ready and when a player catched my eyes, i wrote him down. In that way per day i got perhaps 3 to 5 players, and late at night i wrote to them. That way within a week i got roughly 15 to 20 invitations to players out, but perhaps only 2 to 3 accepted the offer, not all of them right away. There is at times a lot of communication needed till every concern is addressed and no questions stayed unanswered.

The armory maybe important to some people true, but perhaps 1 out of 10 recruited players really asked for the armory or a special item if it would be avialable and it was at least for those who came or didnt came to Fenris a deciding factor.

EDIT:
recruiting Native i guess would need to be the other way round, you join a nativ clan whihc doesnt have palyers yet in cRPG, then you advertise there cRPG adn your clan after you got to know them.
I tried your method of talking to the players and befriending them first, and it actually worked. Already got one more member! Thanks!
what the fuck

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:48:11 am »
+3
Who ruled the most land in the entire history of mankind?
 A. Alexander The Great
 B. Julius Cieser
 C. Joseph Stalin
 D. Ad olf  Hi t le r
 E. King George III

Khergits!