Author Topic: AI Fiefs  (Read 506 times)

Offline Stabb

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Stabbing People, One Noob at a Time.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC / Black Company
  • Game nicks: Pro_Stabby_Black_Company
AI Fiefs
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »
So I have never played strat when AI owned fiefs. So I have a couple questions.

1. How many troops are going to be stationed in these fiefs, and will the AI "recruit" more troops if we let them sit?

2. What kind of equipment will these AI Fiefs be holding?

3. Will the AI ever attack you? Ex. 500 AI troops move out to attack you after using their S&D.
Stabby Stab Stab Time

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
Re: AI Fiefs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »
+4
So I have never played strat when AI owned fiefs. So I have a couple questions.

1. How many troops are going to be stationed in these fiefs, and will the AI "recruit" more troops if we let them sit?

Can't remember how many troops were in AI fiefs in strat v.3 but last round there was a 1/3 rule where you needed at least 1/3 the number of the troops in the fief to attack it.  Unless the developers wanted to make ppl lose excess troops with the first attack on AI fiefs to delay their taking I would guess 4-5k troops for towns, slightly less for castles and maybe 1.5-2k or less for villages.  Players could also dump troops in AI fiefs in the past to make them harder to attack.

2. What kind of equipment will these AI Fiefs be holding?

Dunno about this round but last time it was medium armor and good weapons for castles/towns, not plate armor though iirc.  It might have been based on how much gold was in a fief and how many troops needed to be armed so maybe lower level gear at first then it gradually got better unless there were too many troops in the fief.  It was a few years ago so this stuff is kinda hazy.

3. Will the AI ever attack you? Ex. 500 AI troops move out to attack you after using their S&D.

Nope.

Offline Stabb

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Stabbing People, One Noob at a Time.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC / Black Company
  • Game nicks: Pro_Stabby_Black_Company
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:33:52 pm »
Thanks!
Stabby Stab Stab Time

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:36:37 pm »
+2
Everyone has no gear at start. If you would attack straight away you would spawn naked. If you but  would get attacked you have peasent gear, which after a successfull defense you also keep the remains. As noone has a fief at start, so noone can loom gear. , so everyone has to buy broken gear at start.

Villages will have peasent gear if the same as in strat 3, castles have medium armor and good weapons and castles have plate armors and superior weapons.

I could be mistaken about the following numbers but if i remember correctly it was close to:
villages 500 pop  0 garrison
castles 1000 pop 0 garrison (pop increasing to 1500?)
towns 1500 pop 0 garrison (pop increasing to 2000?)

as they didnt have garrisoned troops, AI fiefs had an exception that you werent able to raid them(?)

AI wont attack you if it stays the same as back then.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future