Author Topic: gold gain vs repairs  (Read 2457 times)

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW
  • Game nicks: Praefectus_Ballista
gold gain vs repairs
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:16:56 am »
+1
am i the only one that thinks that the balance between gold gaining, and repairs is very unstable!
It is nearly impossible to earn enough gold, and later on loose it all to repairs...
and how does that repair system even work, how does it calculate??

lets say the round lasts 4 min. and your on 50 gold gain (x1) so you have earned 200 gold. and than comes the repairs, and takes it all away...

there has to be a better balance between these two...

either more gold pr round or a better repair system that doesnt rape your from gold...

and i think that there should be made another way sell items.
A Armory where you can sell/buy your looms or lp. Not only pvp sell options like it is now, but more like pvp AND ptc (player trade computer)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: gold gain vs repairs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:20:39 am »
+4
You're not the only one...... but you're among bad company.

Its very easy to gain gold now. If you wear equipment that is over 50k, you're going to lose gold. That goes down if you are a bad player and/or are an archer/cav player. If you're melee, 50k is basically the breakeven point but that's probably stretching it a bit.

So you're wearing expensive stuff or you're a cav/archer player.

What's your setup? That would give more details on why you think repairs are breaking your bank.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:12:47 am »
+2
It is perfectly possible to earn gold while having a good equipment, you just can't go too high in upkeep without losing gold.
IMO, the total gear cost of 40k is the good point where you can afford nice equipment and slowly earn money.
If you are a cav, you are probably going to have more than 40k, but you can always just spawn without a horse and play an infantryman for a bit to save some wealth.
If you are an archer using bodkin arrows, you better keep your total gear cost below 30k. Preferably 20-25.

And yes, it would be easier for everyone to come up with some kind of advice if you provided any info about your current equipment.

PS: I'm personally doing fine with this setup and earn quite some gold over time.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:16:05 am by Macropus »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:04 am »
+1
well there are just some classes that lose money period. I'm a HA on my main and have lost quite a bit of money, what I do is I level my alt and sell the loompoints and that's how I can afford the upkeep.

this is my setup

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:38:57 am »
+3
I play some dtv sometimes to earn gold, its a bloody goldfarm :)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:05 am »
+2
I got roughly the same upkeep as Macropus. It takes quite a while to gain gold but it is still a steady increase.

That way i am still able to finance a loompoint every 2 months  :rolleyes:
Also i play my alt, not that often though and can share his stuff with my main.
When it is rather late and the servers are getting empty then  at times i also switch to very light gear as teamhits wont happen so often anymore and i then can have fun by really enjoying my high athletics :)

The upkeep system the way it is made has had as goals as far as i can tell, to get people not only to play in the OP or say high tier equipment, but to vary their playstyles and equipment so that the overall armies on the servers are not all full plate on plated chargers all the time but we all see some change and variance in equipment there.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:37:53 pm »
+1
tnx for inputs and replies :p

how da hell do i post a pict. of my char. like u did ppravi?? :p

but my char. is
50h 44b 44l
Armor
4/4
Slots
42,166 gold
Cost
2,948 gold
Upkeep (max)

Offline krakkur

• Noble
  • i life to slay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:40:40 pm »
craps

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »
Im always gaining gold, just make a fun character with lighter equips. I use throwing daggers, broadsword and armor cost around 6k total. Swimming in dosh and headshotting with daggers for days.

Simply dont armorcrutch all the time. Agi builds with lighter equips and a shield is pretty good for money making.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 01:34:31 pm »
+1
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:51 pm »
+1
tnx for inputs and replies :p

how da hell do i post a pict. of my char. like u did ppravi?? :p

but my char. is
50h 44b 44l
Armor
4/4
Slots
42,166 gold
Cost
2,948 gold
Upkeep (max)

press printscreen on your keyboard and go to your program of chice for editing pics, I use Irfanview, press ctrl+v, paste the photo, cut it, save, upload to imgur and viola!

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it only takes like a minute literally  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:53:38 pm »
+3
Also note that the upkeep sum of individual items is a major factor to take into account. If you have, for example, 4 pieces of armor (head, body, hand, feet) and a weapon with each of them coming with 500ish upkeep, you are likely to suffer at least a steady 500 gold everytime. And frequently, that will be 1000 and 1500. My advice is to keep the distribution low. Preferably, have only 1 item with high upkeep and use other items with 200-300ish upkeep. Also, I wouldn't even pay much attention to hand and feet armor.

I know you would like to use fancy gear and look fabulous in it. But financing good gear is a tricky bet that might drag you down. You will have to run after multi and valor all the time and it is not always possible to get it. I advise you to just accumulate some gold before you try to deal with high upkeep.

Another good advice is to play in lower gear and shift to better gear when you are on x5 or x4.

Also, here is my humble setup, with which I am doing quite fine and earning steadily even if I might spend the whole day with x1 from time to time.

Offline tisjester

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: TitsJester
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »
I generally try to keep my total equip cost around 20k. You have sufficient armor with looms and you make some nice scrilla. I played all day yesterday and made about 50k.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »
+1
Personally I think the game should be balanced based on what would happen if they completely removed upkeep. That way items and builds are balanced based on their effectiveness rather than whether you are rich or poor

If we had no upkeep what would happen? Probably even more ranged, more heavy cav, all melee would use Heavy Gauntlets, some people would still use medium armour for speed, some heavy for better protection, some light for even more speed. People would still use the same melee weapons except for the cheapest ones. Should show us what really needs balancing without repairs anyway

Without upkeep though we would have no real reason to get gold except for looms and we would have mad inflation. That sort of external gameplay to the main fun should be secondary though. They could find gold sinks like paid respecs, cosmetic items only available in the store for huge gold amounts. Whats wrong with people getting more looms though? Everyone might as well have them at this point
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »

press printscreen on your keyboard and go to your program of chice for editing pics, I use Irfanview, press ctrl+v, paste the photo, cut it, save, upload to imgur and viola!

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it only takes like a minute literally  :mrgreen:

Takes a second using http://puush.me/  :)