Author Topic: Bring back banner check: Continued  (Read 7578 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Bring back banner check: Continued
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »
+7
Nah man its just that NA and EU are different cultures and we should all respect that. NA was fine with these silly banners, none of which btw were "huge pink penises", and some EU players dont understand why because they are not a part of our NA crpg culture just like how some NA players dont understand why some EU players want the game to be completely realistic.

A vague rule like the banner rule should be enforced differently in NA than in EU because we are not the same people.

Just because a server is based in NA or in EU doesn't mean people who don't live in the same continent cannot play on it, thus CRPGs dev written rules should not be based on server locations, plus that only adds to this NA vs EU bullshit. The rules were not made based on culture, they were made by the devs at the time because they didn't want silly banners, that's all there is to it. It's obvious some of the NA guys seem to think it's EU oppressing them and it's EU's fault and so on, when these are just rules for EVERY player, regardless of where on earth you are shitting and sleeping.

Personally I couldn't care less about the banner rules, I prefer the more immersive banners but would not be against silly/joke banners, the thing is no one in here is presenting a proper argument for a rule change, most are just bashing an entire continent because their crappy banner got removed ( when they were lucky to have it for as long as they did in the first place ). Want a rule change? make a poll without the EU vs NA bullshit, people can vote for softened banner rules OR to keep current banner rules ( nudity and gore will obviously always be disallowed. ) If the poll is done properly and voted on by many, then maybe the devs will revise the rules, but not just for your continent, for the entire mod, because that's how rules work.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2014, 07:52:32 pm »
Basically your wrong. It has nothing to do with devas or anything. Or rules. The irony is the guy that came on to NA servers just to be an asshole and complain about a banner he didn't like. MB has always had asshoke banners, always. The irony about all this is this dude complaining has been multiple times and perma banned to boot! He doesn't follow rules as well

Just because panos was banned a lot doesn't mean he cant complain about anything ever :D

If you get perma banned im sure you will be allowed to buy a new cd key each time like Banos
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2014, 07:55:59 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Thats why I was thinking about NA and EU each having an "Ambassador" of some sorts that could be an admin or a voted in position where the Ambassador reviews the banners for his NA or EU group and decide whether or not the banners are inappropriate or not and then either has the ability to remove the banner himself or just tell the devs which ones he deems inappropriate.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2014, 07:58:01 pm »
Thats why I was thinking about NA and EU each having an "Ambassador" of some sorts that could be an admin or a voted in position where the Ambassador reviews the banners for his NA or EU group and decide whether or not the banners are inappropriate or not and then either has the ability to remove the banner himself or just tell the devs which ones he deems inappropriate.

Or we just let the devs do their work because they decide.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2014, 07:59:54 pm »
+1
You have the freedom to stick to the rules and play the game or you ignore the rules and face the consequences, such as removing the banners.

And don't tell us that NA has an idea of what Freedom means. It's quite the contrary.

I did natzee that coming anne frankly it's insulting to Americans.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2014, 08:06:35 pm »
+1
Or we just let the devs do their work because they decide.

True but their decisions should also be up for debate and criticism so they can improvise and change the game to suit the community, which is part of the reason why we have these forums. Im sure there aren't many people that agree with every decision the devs have made and I would be willing to bet that the devs have changed many things about this mod based on reactions from the community, IE having item balancers and map editors.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
chocolate chip cookie admin check was silly 1 year ago (RIP Smoking banner and other very cool not totally RP banner).

But 0 banner check is even sillier: I hope they get back to removing the silliest/worst looking ones (whether its NA or EU I dont care).

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »
+14
Alright, who is this famous NA pink dick clan?

(click to show/hide)

And because everyone clearly cares so much about historical authenticity, let's add some new realistic plate armours as well, like Ferdinand I's armour:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:50:51 pm by Bob_Ross »
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2014, 08:28:08 pm »
+1
Just because panos was banned a lot doesn't mean he cant complain about anything ever :D

If you get perma banned im sure you will be allowed to buy a new cd key each time like Banos

Ya but I wouldn't and I don't get banned. Hopping on a server to complain about a banner then leaving is lame. Anyway you look at its twatty. Ooooo even funnier is the banner we have now is the native banner of a cock so go figurs

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2014, 08:30:53 pm »
+1

Godamn good find. I love smooth rich

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »
+1
I like the historical stuff etc, so I joined a clan that uses "traditional" heraldry.

However, the stupid banners play an important role: they can provide a visible indicator of that player's attitude. And I'm not saying this in a derogatory way at all; sometimes it's nice to know if your ally/enemy might be up for some goofy shenanigans or if they take things more seriously.

Similarly, a juvenile banner can warn you that you may be dealing with a child, so you can communicate with them accordingly (use small words, be more tolerant when they rage at you, etc.).

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2014, 06:23:42 am »
+7
I actually locked the thread because I got tired of drinking NA tears.  :lol:

Can I drink the tears of your countries people because its shitty economy collapsed?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2014, 07:19:44 am »
Can I drink the tears of your countries people because its shitty economy collapsed?

Its usually better to point out that Greece, during the hundreds of years of Early Modern History that Europe was exploring and dominating the world, as America was born and grew into a superpower, that Greece was hilariously a fucking muslim territory conquered by Turks. The same race that have the Kapikulu clan. Honestly that's fucking pathetic. 300 years bro. How is that even taught in schools in Greece? I'd be less ashamed about being a German.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2014, 11:56:42 am »
+5
that Greece was hilariously a fucking muslim territory conquered by Turks. The same race that have the Kapikulu clan.
Turks ain't a race bro.
Go find another thing to be racist at.  :)

PS: pro tip: russians aren't a race as well, just saying.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2014, 12:17:08 pm »
+6
Its usually better to point out that Greece, during the hundreds of years of Early Modern History that Europe was exploring and dominating the world, as America was born and grew into a superpower, that Greece was hilariously a fucking muslim territory conquered by Turks. The same race that have the Kapikulu clan. Honestly that's fucking pathetic. 300 years bro. How is that even taught in schools in Greece? I'd be less ashamed about being a German.
During the hundreds of years of Early Modern History America was a colony and Europe was exploring and beginning to dominate the world while cowering in fear of the Turks, who were a superpower that managed to reach as far as Vienna. Also way to blatantly discriminate against Turks, real classy.