Author Topic: Bring back banner check: Continued  (Read 7561 times)

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
Re: Bring back banner check: Continued
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2014, 06:45:01 pm »
+7
But anyway, if my source of fun in crpg was using silly banners, I would just play another game.

The silly banners are not the source of fun for the people that have them. They have just had those banners for a long time and assumed that if they had them for months and even up to years that they were deemed okay. The banners became a part of their clan and how they were recognized.

Basically this is just a slap in the face to the people that have had these banners for awhile because the devs are really just saying, "Silly banners are worse for the mod than rule breakers so lets remove those banners of loyal people and keep unbanning and allowing 5+ bans for all the rule breakers"
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2014, 06:45:10 pm »
+1
All these tears over a picture that appears on some items, lol, I wonder how much you guys will cry when you cant use my old friendgy anime banners in Melee Battlegrounds either. Rules are rules regardless of Panos's involvement, I dont care what continent people are from, you or your banners are not exempt from the rules, rules Panos did not write.

But anyway, if my source of fun in crpg was using silly banners, I would just play another game.

That's, why were they not enforced until some cunt that doesn't play on our server ever complained? Just odd. I should of expected a jerkoff response from a guy with a jerky avatar. Anyhow I'm done with this thread horse shit. To many twatty euros chiming in about a server they don't play on
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2014, 06:48:12 pm »
+12
All these tears over a picture that appears on some items, lol, I wonder how much you guys will cry when you cant use my old friendgy anime banners in Melee Battlegrounds either. Rules are rules regardless of Panos's involvement, I dont care what continent people are from, you or your banners are not exempt from the rules, rules Panos did not write.

In most games (such as recent CoD titles), it seems the extent of the rules for custom banners is basically "no naz1 bullshit" which gives you a ban, and vulgar/explicit images like Clever Hidden Penis or goatse get deleted.

I think best moderation is just removing stuff like that, punishing blatant repeat offenders and leaving it at that (except for obnoxious anime shit of course).

Basically what this comes down to is something that most EU citizens simply can not understand. Individual Responsibility. Respect. Freedom.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - A quote never said or understood by a European citizen ever.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »
+2
each to their own :D i consider running around with anime banners giggling like schoolgirls because we have an anime banner retarded too ^^

only I lauged the rest of the guys tought it was retarded too  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Gnjus even called it "the worst banner we ever had" which made me immensly proud.

if I wanted to be a bitch I could also say Merc banner "kills my immersion" wtf is that, certanly ain't heraldry, but I like the banner it has always been with us and it's created and accepted in our own little world, now all hell breaks loose when I put an anime banner for 2hrs, it suddenly kills the mod, damn I must be like Miley Cyrus of this shit. Anyway i put a gentleman Optimus Prime today and got our slot removed, 0 fucks.

funny how lederhosen, beer mugs or peasants in rags running faster than horses doesn't kill everybodys immersion...

guys need to fucking relax a bit.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »
Basically what this comes down to is something that most EU citizens simply can not understand. Individual Responsibility. Respect. Freedom.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - A quote never said or understood by a European citizen ever.

You have the freedom to stick to the rules and play the game or you ignore the rules and face the consequences, such as removing the banners.

And don't tell us that NA has an idea of what Freedom means. It's quite the contrary.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2014, 06:57:27 pm »
+5
The difference between your desire to see only historically believable banners and the opinion of the majority of the people in this thread is that yours is totally exclusive and ours is not. You would officially place restrictions on other players' fun-time, whereas relaxed custom banner restrictions would, at most, hurt the "immersion" of a select few individuals, who would nonetheless be allowed to play with their desired banners.
Not true. There are two sides to this argument and they are mutually exclusive.

I find this stance that many of you put forward here ridiculous:
'If I can't have a pink penis on my heraldic surcoat my fun gets ruined and I don't want to play'

Similarly you probably find this notion ridiculous:
'If I have a guy with a pink penis on his heraldic surcoat next to me my immersion gets ruined and I don't want to play'

Yet both these notions exist, whether you believe it or not. The problem here is that the first notion is represented by many of the NA forum warriors, while the second notion is represented by mostly people with less English proficiency from Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Greece or Turkey for example. The simple fact that you call this stance a minority opinion is ridiculous and that is also why I am here breaking a lance for these people next to Panos. This thread is a complete NA forumwarrior circlejerk where anyone who disagrees is being treated in a very abrasive manner. Hence why my post was similarly provocative and edgy, it does not entirely reflect my thoughts on the subject, or on Europeans and Americans. I have been going against the NA opinion train before and I can completely understand why people with less English skill would be hesistant to do so.

Few of you have even done a slight attempt at understanding the opposite position, but it simply exists. Remember many of the new good looking items we have gotten added to this mod? Many of them were paid for with real money by members of this community. They were all high quality historically authentic items. Players clearly value these things and so do the devs. Yet those items are now wasted next to pink penis warhorses. The developers value these items and have also moved towards a more realistic setting by removing unrealistic weapons and Calradian things.

Your argument that your fun is ruined by not being able to wear a pink penis and that everybody has to conform to your ideal of enjoying pubescent humour over immersion and tastefulness is called being a Nazi as much as my argument is. You may find the immersion not having crazy banners brings overrated, I find the fun that crazy banners bring overrated. Stop thinking your opinion is the only one worth considering.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2014, 07:04:16 pm »
+7
The devs made the decision, deal with it.  Your banner didn't meet their standard so they we're removed.

That is literally a quote from from an English woman talking about Voltaire.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:15 pm »
+4
In all honesty I'd love to see the Tuxedo back

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2014, 07:16:24 pm »
+3
Basically they are saying NA shouldn't have to conform to rules laid down by Yuropeans and should have their own set of rules made my mericans because merica best no one else knows freedom like them, Why does europe get a say about how they play on NA servers.

Did i get the general jist of the thread?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2014, 07:17:42 pm »
That's, why were they not enforced until some cunt that doesn't play on our server ever complained? Just odd. I should of expected a jerkoff response from a guy with a jerky avatar. Anyhow I'm done with this thread horse shit. To many twatty euros chiming in about a server they don't play on

You think these rules only effect NA servers? Lol get over yourself. You should put your vagina away and stop acting like a 12 year old, then try writing something constructive to get your point across, maybe the rules can be changed. But the devs arent going to listen if you continue acting like an entitled little cunt.

Also, I couldnt give a fuck what continent someone is from, maybe you guys should remember you're all just twatty europeans living on another continent.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2014, 07:22:28 pm »
+4
Basically they are saying NA shouldn't have to conform to rules laid down by Yuropeans and should have their own set of rules made my mericans because merica best no one else knows freedom like them, Why does europe get a say about how they play on NA servers.

Nah man its just that NA and EU are different cultures and we should all respect that. NA was fine with these silly banners, none of which btw were "huge pink penises", and some EU players dont understand why because they are not a part of our NA crpg culture just like how some NA players dont understand why some EU players want the game to be completely realistic.

A vague rule like the banner rule should be enforced differently in NA than in EU because we are not the same people.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:06 pm »
+1
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=ladderoverviewclans#!?page=claninfodetail&id=2193
is ruining my immersion!!! What the hell EU!! THIS IS FROM ANIME. NOT MEDIEVAL AT ALL.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »
+1
Gonna switch back to my LV purse banner because that shit is heraldic as fuckkkkk.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »
+1
That is literally a quote from from an English woman talking about Voltaire.

damn, panos smooth.
(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »
+3

Basically your wrong. It has nothing to do with devas or anything. Or rules. The irony is the guy that came on to NA servers just to be an asshole and complain about a banner he didn't like. MB has always had asshoke banners, always. The irony about all this is this dude complaining has been multiple times and perma banned to boot! He doesn't follow rules as well