Author Topic: Bring back banner check: Continued  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
Re: Bring back banner check: Continued
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:31 am »
Ill give up all my time and offer to moderate banners, i hate some of the "unreal" ones we see.

Edit: why did they get rid of ppravvis boar was kinda cool and a nicer theme fit than some other monsters ive seen.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2014, 09:26:50 am »
+5
Panos is such a communist.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2014, 09:48:09 am »
I personally don't care much about banners, ofc I like realistic and themed ones more but I realize another people might have different taste and prefer different banners (Like Mercs' one).
But when I see something ugly and stupid, like Semenstorm banner,
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=ladderoverviewclans#!?page=claninfodetail&id=2464
I can't believe such banners might be fun for adult people.

As for the topic, I don't see why everyone blames Panos. He didn't do anything. He just pointed out some banners he didn't like. It's NOT his responsibility they were actually removed. Blame devs or the rules you don't like, otherwise it looks like "We were secretly abusing banner rights, and this guy just let the admins know and now we're fucked, fuck this guy".

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2014, 09:58:51 am »
+8
Confucius say "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it"
Confucius say "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
Confucius say "Bring back fun NA banners"

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2014, 10:14:17 am »
 I fully support the removal of my old friendgy anime banners.

Mostly because its making so many people cry.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2014, 10:47:59 am »
+5
Sooo.....who is starting the Global Ban Request on Panos  :mrgreen:

Dev's are trying to clean up mod I assume, so how about get rid of the trolls that consistently break rules?

I somehow feel that CMP grew fond of Panos so much that he would actually dearly miss him if anything bad was to happen to the poor sob and my intuition rarely fails me. There is an invisible link between these two persons, a geekster and a Greekster.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2014, 11:34:33 am »
It is very common to moderate these things in any online game to make sure no one gets offended or put off by the things certain players put up. cRPG is one of very few online games where you can see sperm or penis banners and I think it is ridiculous that you feel entitled to having that. I don't see why the official opinion from the devs from 2012 would no longer count, and yes all of the banners posted by Panos broke these rules. You should feel lucky that you have been able to use them, instead of outraged at their removal.

Many of you Americans do not understand this because of your lack of any noteworthy or interesting history or any taste whatsoever, but many Europeans have an affinity with history and prefer to have a degree of authenticity, also we actually have a sense of style. It takes one look at the armour combinations that people wear on NA and on EU to see this difference. Regardless of your understanding of this, developers, even American ones, have nearly always chosen to moderate custom images and names to make sure everybody can enjoy the game and to ensure a reasonable degree of immersion in a setting. I can assure you that any new releases like Melee or if Bannerlord would ever support custom banners, would definitely feature banner moderation or a highly restrictive banner maker like WotR.

That said, cRPG is probably a lost soul and due to the inconsistent and sparse banner moderation in the past and we should probably just give up on it. I can ridicule the enjoyment you get out of ugly banners as much as you can ridicule the immersion we get from not having them, but I guess it is too late now anyway. I hope Melee will not let these things slide, actually I am pretty sure it won't.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:38:49 am by Teeth »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2014, 11:58:23 am »
An entire section??

People who have trollish banners are probably  10% of the NA population.

Hospitallers, FCC, Veluca, Occitan, Frisian, all follow a certain theme, so please spare me with your bullshit about me ruining your fun.

It is very common to moderate these things in any online game to make sure no one gets offended or put off by the things certain players put up. cRPG is one of very few online games where you can see sperm or penis banners and I think it is ridiculous that you feel entitled to having that. I don't see why the official opinion from the devs from 2012 would no longer count, and yes all of the banners posted by Panos broke these rules. You should feel lucky that you have been able to use them, instead of outraged at their removal.

Many of you Americans do not understand this because of your lack of any noteworthy or interesting history or any taste whatsoever, but many Europeans have an affinity with history and prefer to have a degree of authenticity, also we actually have a sense of style. It takes one look at the armour combinations that people wear on NA and on EU to see this difference. Regardless of your understanding of this, developers, even American ones, have nearly always chosen to moderate custom images and names to make sure everybody can enjoy the game and to ensure a reasonable degree of immersion in a setting. I can assure you that any new releases like Melee or if Bannerlord would ever support custom banners, would definitely feature banner moderation or a highly restrictive banner maker like WotR.

That said, cRPG is probably a lost soul and due to the inconsistent and sparse banner moderation in the past and we should probably just give up on it. I can ridicule the enjoyment you get out of ugly banners as much as you can ridicule the immersion we get from not having them, but I guess it is too late now anyway. I hope Melee will not let these things slide, actually I am pretty sure it won't.

Tons of my old friendgótry and apparently he speaks for all Yuropeans and is mad because nobody else shares his love for 1000 year old ruined buildings and crap.

Only mad natzees loves this, Yuropean history my old friendgts and racists
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:04:50 pm by LordBerenger »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)
That guy must be really wealthy.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2014, 12:05:19 pm »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2014, 12:06:15 pm »
+7
I love history, architecture, the reason I became a tourist guide was to show with passion my home towns old medieval center, the remains of the old walls, the city gate, the cathedral. Everything about it absolutley fascintes me, but I still love other stuff too, modern day stuff and have no problem slapping an anime banner for the night for the lolz with my m8s

Sry for breaking all your massive immersion fellas, god forbid somebody to try to have some fun in this mod....
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2014, 12:24:41 pm »
Once again, the banner rules no longer exist. Search for them, you won't find anything.
Anders didn't you cry about the traitor flag or something being a banner?

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:55 pm »
+3
Tons of my old friendgótry and apparently he speaks for all Yuropeans and is mad because nobody else shares his love for 1000 year old ruined buildings and crap.

Only mad natzees loves this, Yuropean history my old friendgts and racists

I'm an Archologist by trade. History is my life and my inspiration. I've worked on 7 excavations and so far, lead 2 of them. 4 in Belgium, 1 in France, 2 in Italy.
Are you saying that I'm a "natzee" and a racist because of loving other/older cultures? I don't mind NA at all, but you personally, are starting to piss me off with statements like that. If you won't argue in a nicer manner, don't say anything at all, or at least be constructive.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:43:56 pm by Macbeth3 »
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »
I'm an Archologist by trade. History is my life and my inspiration. I've worked on 7 excavations and so far, lead 2 of them.
Are you saying that I'm a chocolate chip cookie and a racist because of loving other/older cultures? I don't min NA at all, but you're starting to piss me off with statements like that.

Just ignore berenger. Can`t you tell that he`s an idiot?? People like him make retards like Cyrus famous  :lol: .

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »
+9
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:26:26 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »