Author Topic: Muricans react to a Coca Cola Superbowl ad which used many languages.  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
Re: Muricans react to a Coca Cola Superbowl ad which used many languages.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:44 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)
:lol:

Btw wasn't English a language tho they were talking in England... how can Americans claim that language for themselves though, that's really entertaining but they're dumb as fuck anyway.  :P

Please refrain from judging millions of people with a handful of words.. yes these people posting these things are fucking stupid but they do not account for the entire country.  There are idiots in every nation, and unfortunately they are typically the ones on social media and news interviews making their country look like shit, setting the standard for what other's will view that nation as. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »
Obviously I'm refering to those guys who made those comments. Why would I comment anyone else? :P

There are many posts of other americans who support Coca Cola for such a commercial as I would do.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »
Please refrain from judging millions of people with a handful of words.. yes these people posting these things are fucking stupid but they do not account for the entire country.  There are idiots in every nation, and unfortunately they are typically the ones on social media and news interviews making their country look like shit, setting the standard for what other's will view that nation as.

Yeh, I agree with you, some people just generalizes too much and as you said, the media is interested in creating conflicts between both parts by giving importance to these generalized opinions.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »
My post wasn't a swathing swipe at a nation, some of my brightest friends are Muricans.
I just thought with the mix of EU and US community members we might get an interesting 'discussion' :D
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 05:37:10 pm »
+1
Pleb should learn to distinguish a finger from an ass(sorry for russian saying). Advertising have nothing to do with quality of product you buy.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 05:48:12 pm »
That one who took an oath to defend America from foreign languages is a hero.

Then again to be fair i would probably be confused if coke had an advert during the FA cup final or England Rugby/Football games where they sung English patriotic songs in other languages :D I think my reaction would be more. what is this i don't even.. What was the point of that advert? :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
There isn't a face palm hard enough to do this shit justice, it seems the average American isn't even aware that they are just European immigrants that conquered several primitive tribes. They are no more American than someone of African or Arabian descent born in the USA, they don't even have their own language, they just use a fucked up version of English.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 05:57:29 pm »
+1
That one who took an oath to defend America from foreign languages is a hero.

Then again to be fair i would probably be confused if coke had an advert during the FA cup final or England Rugby/Football games where they sung English patriotic songs in other languages :D I think my reaction would be more. what is this i don't even.. What was the point of that advert? :P
Because such an ad wouldn't make sense in any European nation state, d'oh.

--edit: though, it could actually work in the UK, if the other languages were Welsh, Scottish and Irish.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:08:05 pm by [ptx] »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 06:01:08 pm »
+2
The most shocking aspect of this ad is that it is very patriotic even though a global company ought to be a little more neutral.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 08:27:10 pm »
+3
The most shocking aspect of this ad is that it is very patriotic even though a global company ought to be a little more neutral.

its a one time add, used to play once for a few minutes during an american sport during an american event,  It doesnt have a reason to be neutral,  Its appeal is to an audience that is american.

Simply put, they will market the product in a manner best fit for the audience watching the said advertisement. 

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 08:44:34 pm »
Please somebody beat the living shit out of the USA already.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »
+8
There isn't a face palm hard enough to do this shit justice, it seems the average American isn't even aware that they are just European immigrants that conquered several primitive tribes. They are no more American than someone of African or Arabian descent born in the USA, they don't even have their own language, they just use a fucked up version of English.

This map of reported ancestry on the 2000 U.S. census is hilarious and should give you an idea of of where in the USA these xenophobic views are more common, though of course they exist in any state of the USA, or any country in the world.

To be fair, the South historically has actually had way less immigration than the North and Midwest. Except for the forced kind in chains :(  That can be blamed for a lot of the ignorance you see, since in lots of cities in USA you will find totally accepted multiculturalism abound as a fact of life and no one bats an eye, I'd say its way way less racist than the shit you hear from a lot of EU countries.

From my experience in the Northeast, the "average American" has a ton of pride of their grandparents or later who immigrated to America, and keep their "old world" traditions alive in often stupid, misguided MURICA ways (try a St. Patrick's day with a lot of Irish-Americans, jesus).  I know just as many people who grew up in bilingual households with first generation immigrant parents, and are definitely average Americans, while having tons of South American/European flags everywhere, loving the fuck out of soccer, speaking two languages, and whatever else.

Though I think everyone can agree: Fuck Brazillians
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »
+2
A few loud, vocal idiots can make everyone else look bad
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 09:29:40 pm »
+4
I'm an American.  I saw the commercial and thought it sent a great message.  I thought it was a great commercial, and shows who the bigots are. 

Europeans and Asians are 100x more racist than Americans. Just google Europeans and Multi Culture and realize natzee racist nationalistic parties are forming up everywhere in Europe and gaining ground.

Russia and USA failed to exterminate all natzees during World War 2.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:56:59 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 09:43:27 pm »
+4
To play devils advocate: America is already a multicultural society that is again getting more and more multicultural. Naturally that causes a bit of chaos. It happened in the 1840s all the way up to the 20th century with Irish, Germans, Italians, Scandinavians, English,  and Scottish immigrants. Perhaps you've heard of the gang violence that happened in Chicago and New York during the period that directly stemmed from cultures clashing. Cultural chaos happens no matter how "peacefully" the integration process because it's simply a matter of interaction.

There are some people that are fine with interacting with new cultures and there are others, usually the ones with strong cultural ties, that resist.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:57:12 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers