Author Topic: My cRPG dream  (Read 1136 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
My cRPG dream
« on: February 03, 2014, 05:09:05 pm »
So since next stratetgus hasn't showed up yet, this is my simple dream for the new cRPG: a massive wipe.

cRPG in it's current state is more or less balanced. In regards to the number of items, there are plenty (however i will not say 'there are enough' as there can never be enough :d), in conjunction with the items being balanced, all classes are more or less balanced as well. However, what is need is a class-sensitive team balancer, a new and invigorated XP system (something similar to previous versions, such as proximity gold and experience) and lighter strategus armies (so no more full plate). I believe if these 3 issues are resolved then there should also be a wipe which would entice older players to return to cRPG. This would also lead to native players joining our community (especially if there was a revamped experience system). My opinion is not formed solely on the fact that I am poor (of which I am) but I see loompoints aren't really used much anymore (thankfully), and those who still have the time to retire do so because they are bored of their current class. Furthermore, and finally, I would reduce the gain from looming armour (so instead of gaining +5, maybe gain +3 like everything else because leg and body armour are augmented by 2 items).

thanks cymro for being english. or was it irish? maybe scottish, dunno. thanks anyway
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:02:15 pm by darmaster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rain

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • An honest man is always a child
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Mantra, Tigersblood, Rain
  • IRC nick: Rain
Re: My cRPG dream
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:17:25 pm »
+3
Them be fightin' words

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »
How about keeping the current xp&gold/tick system and add the old proximity reward in xp/gold on top of that?

pros: more everything in proximity while keeping flanking tactics still rewarding. IIRC in old system winning team got 100% of proximity bonuses and losing team only 25% so it might encourage better teamwork to achieve victories.
cons: possibly more teamhits (assuming that reward on kills is in) and ganking due the proximity.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline The_Pony_Spencki_and_Dana

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Best cavalry EU
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Cataphracts
  • Game nicks: Cataphracts_Dana_and_Spencki
  • IRC nick: ***
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 05:38:34 pm »
+1
Well, I know that felling bro!

(click to show/hide)

Cataphracts founded on 01/01/2014

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:25 pm »
+2
And here was I thinking op's dream was a cRPG where pike through walls and corners would be a feat of great strength, glorified among the heavens mightiest, where all pike abusers could live free in harmony, sharing their peculiar love for wiggling long phallic objects for all eternity. Silly ol' me.

(click to show/hide)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »
+1
xbow cough.

COUGH SIDE SWORD JUST TO ABUSE 1H STAB COUGH

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:48:12 pm »
+1
Nice idea, let's kill the mod...  :D

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »
+3
Personally I am on the fence about a wipe AND about the xp/gold system.

I have played CRPG since first ever public release, right now I have just 5 masterworks which isn't a lot for the time I've played due to not being able to no life grind. I wouldn't be overly bothered about losing them to a wipe but I just don't see how that's going to do much for the game in the long run.

Sure maybe some old players come back, maybe some current players quit because they spent 8+ hours everyday grinding for their 100 masterworks, but even if the playerbase grows it wont be long before the real grinders and traders have a full set of masterworks whilst people like me have maybe one or two if we are lucky.

Will those players who for some reason feel they are at a big disadvantage due to not having looms quit again? It seems like that it would just punish people like me who have taken a very long time to get some masterworks, which I have never felt give an overly unfair advantage and are a big part of the progression in an 'RPG' mod.

Nerf the loom stats? Sure, thats cool, but take away the only meaningful items people have spent a lot of time to gain? I really dont know.

I am also unsure about the best way to improve the xp/gold system because whilst the idea of a mixed multiplier/proximity system could be good, I hope we can all come up with a new method rather than recycling old systems that will inevitably lead us back to where we are now.

Just my two cents though.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 09:19:13 pm »
Why not just remove levels, gold and heirlooms altogether then? No leveling, no grinding, no retiring. That'd make everyone equal.
I'd love a wipe coupled with an overhaul into something like WotR - unlocking gear as you play more (and the database saving your status).
  • No levels - if not completely remove levels and build, set a static level (e.g. 30) and the only ability to change the build.
  • No heirlooms - and no marketplace!
Maybe gold should remain for the upkeep, but - again - no marketplace or any other way of profiting over other players.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »
+4
Wipe? now?

Ahahahahahaaa  :lol:

What would be the point, besides making old players rage quit  :?:
Anyways, if you would like to get old players back, wiping wouldnt do it. I say revert the turn rate nerf an speed up the game, so we can get back the fast paced gameplay people used to love.

If you just go spec a couple of rounds or play native, try an see for yourself how slow the combat is.... Heck the only fast paced attacks are left swings an constant stab spamming... which is boring an predictable  :P

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 09:29:26 pm »
+1
So since next stratetgus hasn't showed up yet, this is my simple dream for the new cRPG: a massive wipe.

Items are more or less balanced right now, there are many (don't want to say enough cause it's never enough :d) and same, I have to admit, goes for all classes. What is still needed is a class-sensitive team balancer, a new XP system (rather say old; i think proximity damage/exp + multi that increase such would be fine as someone already suggested) and lighter armies in strategus; but I think and hope you're working already on these 3 things. If these 3 big issues will be fixed, a wipe would help old players to come back, and someone would even come from native (especially with a new exp system). I'm not saying this only because I'm very poor, which I am, but I see looms aren't that researched anymore (thankfully), and those who still retire do that just because are bored by a class. It might be just me but I'd also nerf armors' looms (instead of +5, just +3, like every other things, also because leg and body armor can be augmented by 2 items).

(click to show/hide)

cRPG in it's current state is more or less balanced. In regards to the number of items, there are plenty (however i will not say 'there are enough' as there can never be enough :d), in conjunction with the items being balanced, all classes are more or less balanced as well. However, what is need is a class-sensitive team balancer, a new and invigorated XP system (something similar to previous versions, such as proximity gold and experience) and lighter strategus armies (so no more full plate). I believe if these 3 issues are resolved then there should also be a wipe which would entice older players to return to cRPG. This would also lead to native players joining our community (especially if there was a revamped experience system). My opinion is not formed solely on the fact that I am poor (of which I am) but I see loompoints aren't really used much anymore (thankfully), and those who still have the time to retire do so because they are bored of their current class. Furthermore, and finally, I would reduce the gain from looming armour (so instead of gaining +5, maybe gain +3 like everything else because leg and body armour are augmented by 2 items).

I hope this is how you wanted it Darmaster, as this makes your point a bit more clearer than your original post which I found a bit hard to follow :)

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »
+1

No wipe, please  :lol:
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »
+1
this is my simple dream for the new cRPG: a massive wipe.

Your 'dream' is many others nightmare. Good way to get a bunch of players to quit though.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »
I still retire everytime I hit 31 and still keep using the same class. The Economy has to keep rolling, right?!

It will be fun once strat is back and we can have a more Epic battles again.
After the first month or 2 of strat, let the huge battles Commence!  :D
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.