Poll

Vote for all that you feel apply...(up to 12)

All things are relatively balanced
51 (4.2%)
2h is OP
53 (4.4%)
4d Poles are OP
28 (2.3%)
2d Poles are OP
45 (3.7%)
Melee Cav is OP
51 (4.2%)
Ranged Cav is OP
100 (8.2%)
Xbow is OP
116 (9.6%)
Archery is OP
69 (5.7%)
Throwing is OP
78 (6.4%)
1h (w or w/o shield) is OP
41 (3.4%)
2h is UP
11 (0.9%)
4d Poles are UP
9 (0.7%)
2d Poles are UP
10 (0.8%)
Melee Cav is UP
12 (1%)
Ranged Cav is UP
10 (0.8%)
Xbow is UP
13 (1.1%)
Archery is UP
19 (1.6%)
Throwing is UP
17 (1.4%)
1h (w or w/o shield) is UP
21 (1.7%)
Team Balancer is broken...
104 (8.6%)
EXP System is broken...
88 (7.3%)
Game Modes need work...
69 (5.7%)
-- STABS (all weapons) are OP! --
102 (8.4%)
Fire Magic is OP
96 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 292

Author Topic: Overall Balance Poll : Q1 2014 (VOTE AGAIN, POLL UPDATED)  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Overall Balance Poll : Q1 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 11:05:39 am »
+17
Crossbow
Crossbow offers top notch ranged capabilities combined with top notch melee capabilities. Due to the way crossbow plays they rarely fight large groups of people and in those small 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 fights, having an 8 athlethics 1h build with a blunt/pierce weapon or stab sword does not leave you at a disadvantage at all against the pure melee. Their accuracy is also ridiculous to the point that I have seen multiple crossbowmen wearing over 20(!) weight body armours and still pulling of longe range kills and topping the boards. It is the ultimate battle class, capable of doing everything extremely well, which is utter horseshit.

1h cav
If there is one class that makes my jaw drop repeatedly from how much hp I lose per hit it is 1h cav. Bumpslashes supposedly do 50% damage, yet I have seen bumpslashes take over 50% of my hp regularly, while most of those horseslashers have low PS like 6. A MW Lance when used on horseback has 22.5p damage due to the 1 handed damage penalty. 36 cut shits all over that and easily makes up for the higher risk, especially if used on a heavy horse. Mechanics are very borky as well, swings that should glance or not hit at all deal a ton of damage and bumpslashing is easy as pie. I am not even sure if the halved damage for bumpslashes is implemented correctly, if it is the raw damage they do is out of the park. With the stab changes the 1h horseback stab is actually potent weapon, being incredibly fast and not even that much shorter than a lance stab. Instead of dealing 22.5p damage like a MW Lance though, it deals 30p with a Long Espada.

Stabs
Stabs are imba as hell, which means that strong stab weapons like awlpikes, partisans and what not are probably the most OP thing to play in the game right now. It is utterly cringeworthy seeing anyone play that or playing it yourself. Dealing 32-35 pierce at extremely long reaches at insane speed is just incredibly stupid right now. Stabs should be fixed asap, if it is not possible yet, then revert the mechanics to the old ones until the new stabs can be tweaked. I can't be arsed to play with that bullshit.

Offline _schizo321437

• Yes Man
  • Duke
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ ... lazy
  • Game nicks: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ .. lazy
  • IRC nick: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ . lazy
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 11:16:40 am »
Watching SB 2014 made me realize.....it's pre-determined...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:31:19 pm by _schizo321437 »
銃を積んだすがだ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bugün foto

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 11:23:49 am »
+7
As for the poll, I think it is too broad to properly reflect the game and draw any meaningful conclusions. There are so many subclasses in between the wpf archetypes that this poll misses. A term like polearm encompasses so many different things it is hard to vote polearms are overpowered when you mean a specific set of weapons.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:47 am »
Throwing is viable on strat, and in fact its a lot of fun, its just factions dont take throwing weapons, i THINK Mercs were the only ones to take throwing stuff EU side.

Mendro and Godwin had a lot of fun

Greys did, Druzhina did, Shu Han did and Nords did.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 11:31:24 am »
+4
All stabs, Xbows, Arab cav sword for starters
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:15 am »
+2
Leave the crossbows be, will ya?

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »
+1

2h is overpowered
Polearms are overpowered
1h is overpowered
Cavalry is overpowered
Xbow is overpowered
Archery is overpowered
Throwing is overpowered

There.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »
+1
I hate those 2h unbalanced weapons like war cleaver and bar mace. Second one knock down every time,and ur dead from second hit.
Also hate battle fork,that shit do insane dmg when u get hit overhead.

Anyway i am fine with game as it is.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 12:28:49 pm »
+1
Just looked at the poll. I cant believe people still deem 1H most overpowered. Learn to block down ffs.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »
+7
Just looked at the poll. I cant believe people still deem 1H most overpowered. Learn to block down ffs.

Anything that beats you is OP, because you are the best player in the world. This is the philosphy of cRPG players
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »
it's not about polearm / 1h / 2h / archer etc being overpowered

it's about stabs being overpowered (for all classes)

nerf stabs 2014

edit: or you could give us native stab mechanics back, at least they sort of worked :/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:34:47 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:51 pm »
+2
HA and HX are missing in your poll

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »
+1
Crossbow
Crossbow offers top notch ranged capabilities combined with top notch melee capabilities. Due to the way crossbow plays they rarely fight large groups of people and in those small 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 fights, having an 8 athlethics 1h build with a blunt/pierce weapon or stab sword does not leave you at a disadvantage at all against the pure melee. Their accuracy is also ridiculous to the point that I have seen multiple crossbowmen wearing over 20(!) weight body armours and still pulling of longe range kills and topping the boards. It is the ultimate battle class, capable of doing everything extremely well, which is utter horseshit.

1h cav
If there is one class that makes my jaw drop repeatedly from how much hp I lose per hit it is 1h cav. Bumpslashes supposedly do 50% damage, yet I have seen bumpslashes take over 50% of my hp regularly, while most of those horseslashers have low PS like 6. A MW Lance when used on horseback has 22.5p damage due to the 1 handed damage penalty. 36 cut shits all over that and easily makes up for the higher risk, especially if used on a heavy horse. Mechanics are very borky as well, swings that should glance or not hit at all deal a ton of damage and bumpslashing is easy as pie. I am not even sure if the halved damage for bumpslashes is implemented correctly, if it is the raw damage they do is out of the park. With the stab changes the 1h horseback stab is actually potent weapon, being incredibly fast and not even that much shorter than a lance stab. Instead of dealing 22.5p damage like a MW Lance though, it deals 30p with a Long Espada.

Stabs
Stabs are imba as hell, which means that strong stab weapons like awlpikes, partisans and what not are probably the most OP thing to play in the game right now. It is utterly cringeworthy seeing anyone play that or playing it yourself. Dealing 32-35 pierce at extremely long reaches at insane speed is just incredibly stupid right now. Stabs should be fixed asap, if it is not possible yet, then revert the mechanics to the old ones until the new stabs can be tweaked. I can't be arsed to play with that bullshit.

This!

Thing about stabs is that they are also team friendly, thus way more applicable in many more situations. This alone should warrant them being weaker. Also I don't believe you can accelerate your weapon to the speeds achievable in swings. This is a good example of something which are only applicable in battles, and cannot be measured in duels.

About the 1h cav, and cav in general, is that it is way, way easier to land head-hits for 2x? damage.. Pure stats are not that good, but because it's so easy to land head-hits, it doesn't take much skill to multiply that, multiplied with speed bonus..  The very longest 1handers could easily do with some nerfs.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 03:23:12 pm »
+2
Also I don't believe you can accelerate your weapon to the speeds achievable in swings.
Thrusts can not only hit players faster(earlier in the animation), because of speed bonus mechanics, you can easily obtain double or even triple the speed bonus of a swing.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 03:24:38 pm »
+3
How about:
-The reward system is underpowered
-The game modes are underpowered

Endless nerf/buff cycles for the various classes won't do anything to address the fact that the multiplier+valour system is idiotic, and at least on NA, your game mode choices are:
1. Get shot/trampled/kited to death on Battle, then watch grass grow until the round ends
2. Mindlessly bash bots on DTV
3. Sit alone on an empty siege server
4. Wear plate that isn't yours and kill other people in plate in Strat

Conquest should be fixed and replace Battle and Siege. Strat should just be a separate game that isn't tied to your cRPG character in any way. And DTV should be a place for people <lvl 31 to learn+level, not a place to farm lvl 36 faster than any other game mode despite it being horribly boring.

Poor balance between classes isn't what's killing crpg, it's a poor reward system coupled with poor game modes.