Author Topic: cRPG addiction?!  (Read 9587 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG addiction?!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 11:32:07 pm »
+19

get to the fucking gym, my guy.

Gym. Place where people pay to lift heavy things. Greatest scam in the history of humanity
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »
+9
There is a big difference between hobbies that keep you in good shape and busy and hobbies that boost your self esteem because you make progress and become a better person, both inside and outside.
Yes, I'm talking about lifting or atleast advanced calisthenics where you will see progress where there never was any and your confidence will go sky high.
Lolwat, so this part was referring to lifting? Surely lifting is exactly the type of thing that falls under the hobbies that keep you in good shape and busy? Please explain to me how lifting makes you a better person.

As someone who is a lazy fuck without any ambition or dreams or any drive whatsoever I can tell you that it is probably not cRPG keeping you from doing important shit. I have probably been technically addicted to cRPG for quite a while and it was my go to procrastination device whenever I had to do something I dislike. Now I can't be arsed to play at all anymore, but half a dozen other procrastination devices have taken its place and I still can't be arsed to do anything important. Now my study isn't suffering that much from it because I am brilliant, but I do feel like I could be doing a lot more. If you actually have problems doing an education because of being a lazy bum you should probably try things like making to-do lists everyday which you have to finish before doing anything else, or set time clocks to create time for cRPG and for other stuff. Tell me if any of that works, because I couldn't be arsed to do anything like that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:03:24 am by Teeth »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 11:57:30 pm »
+1
Gym. Place where people pay to lift heavy things. Greatest scam in the history of humanity
not really, its the results you pay for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 07:21:09 am »
+4
get a job you lazy fuck
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lord_Kitazawa_of_Voodoo

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Forsvar_KUTT, Forsvar_RAW_and_UnKUTT, Elbatiforp, Special_Agent_Fliegelbaum
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 07:33:42 am »
get a job you lazy fuck

goddammit Smoothrich, I was just about to fucking post that

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 07:59:37 am »
+1
School is fucked?
Uninstall and wait for mab2, this should give you enough time to fix rl things
get a better hobby with which you can spend your freetime, drawing, producing music, sports, etc...

dun worry, we´ll all be in mab2 again
http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 08:00:37 am »
+2
As someone who is a lazy fuck without any ambition or dreams or any drive whatsoever
I'm not talking about saving the world from getting destroyed by humans or something. But yes, setting yourself a goal and actually making it for the first time in your life can fix your problem atleast.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:35 am »
+10
It all comes down to this:

Some of us needs these dudes often and cant handle longterm waiting (hard work, longterm goals etc) to get them. Teeth is smart, he thinks he can do much better but he doesnt get these "guys" in the picture to shower his brain when he tries, so he goes back to quickfixes that gives him what he needs "he cant be arsed" as he says - however fast achievements and small almost constant "showers" is what keeps him running. I have the same setup, I use to call it a problem but I dont anymore. I excell in critical situations that needs rapid actions, or new thinking or ideas to solve problems - but "I cant be arsed" to execute them  thats for the other type to do. I cant do longterm jobs, I cant "carry" a business for a long time - but I can start shit up or help other people get started or solve problems when they do.

I think both types are needed in society

If you reward yourself to much to often it can "drain" the resources of Dopamin and it will be hard to recover or you may even need meds to cope. It may lead to a state that gives you these issues:

I am not claiming I know all this by heart, I have read some about it and since I have been working with people that has different kinds of addictions I sort of picked it up along the way. Food, games, nicotine, sex, drugs - all are nice if used with balance.

Someone perhaps studying these things that can elaborate the shit I just posted? Would be fun

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 09:11:12 am »
+1
Congrulations. You have mastered the first of the twelve steps:

1) We admitted we were powerless over c-rpg — that our lives had become unmanageable.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 09:14:49 am »
Congrulations. You have mastered the first of the twelve steps:

1) We admitted we were powerless over c-rpg — that our lives had become unmanageable.

I am not very found of the 12-step program, allthough it ofc helps some people I found other programs more effective for most clients

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 11:51:29 am »
I want Panos to tell me how it feels to get banned for longer than a few days. I think he's best at this tract.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:46 am »
+2
Hello guys, I need your help.
School is fucked... Because of cRPG.
When I play cRPG and GTX coz a fucking noob nudged and stabbed me, I feel like playing something else but when I return to my desctop, I rejoin crpg because I do not dind a game I could play.
Any1 here could tell me how I could play less cRPG or get away from it for a bit?
PS: I got many good other games which just wait to get played like the Total Wars but cRPG keeps me away from them...
PS2: I do not have looms.

Just wait a few months - when i succeed in convincing chadz to delete archery, there won't be any players on - hence your addiction has been defeated.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline _schizo321437

• Yes Man
  • Duke
  • Renown: 549
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ ... lazy
  • Game nicks: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ .. lazy
  • IRC nick: ugly ▽Δ bad ▽Δ vain ▽Δ old ▽Δ . lazy
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »
+2
It all comes down to this:

Some of us needs these dudes often and cant handle longterm waiting (hard work, longterm goals etc) to get them. Teeth is smart, he thinks he can do much better but he doesnt get these "guys" in the picture to shower his brain when he tries, so he goes back to quickfixes that gives him what he needs "he cant be arsed" as he says - however fast achievements and small almost constant "showers" is what keeps him running. I have the same setup, I use to call it a problem but I dont anymore. I excell in critical situations that needs rapid actions, or new thinking or ideas to solve problems - but "I cant be arsed" to execute them  thats for the other type to do. I cant do longterm jobs, I cant "carry" a business for a long time - but I can start shit up or help other people get started or solve problems when they do.

I think both types are needed in society

If you reward yourself to much to often it can "drain" the resources of Dopamin and it will be hard to recover or you may even need meds to cope. It may lead to a state that gives you these issues:

I am not claiming I know all this by heart, I have read some about it and since I have been working with people that has different kinds of addictions I sort of picked it up along the way. Food, games, nicotine, sex, drugs - all are nice if used with balance.

Someone perhaps studying these things that can elaborate the shit I just posted? Would be fun

銃を積んだすがだ

Bugün foto

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2014, 12:47:53 pm »
+1

Damn that sounds like me, altough I'm kinda recovering. I can't enjoy video games any more tough, instead I've started to enjoy social interactions, cleaning, cooking, working out, working in general and stuff like that.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:36 pm »