Author Topic: Shield is very bad shield  (Read 8215 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: Shield is very bad shield
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 10:21:42 pm »
Hate? Guess calling things with a proper name is called hate these days. Prove me wrong.

I dont have to prove anything to anyone. And especially not you.

I think you are an ax-crazy tranny with shit opinions.

Prove me wrong.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 10:22:32 pm »
If you didn't have your "i hate new dtv"goggles on you would see that indestructible shields have always been a problem in dtv. Maybe now more than ever because of the maps, yes, but they always been around.

Why are they a problem? (I still don't know after reading this thread).
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »

I dont get what you people are complaining about.

Are they ruining fun for you by TAKING HITS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO? I can kinda understand if you rage on unbreakable shield in battle or siege, but seriously, raging at someone who tanks all the hits while others beats attackers from behind? What is wrong with that.

And seriously people abuse worse shit than 13 shield in this mode, like climbing houses or using heightened indoors, so ai cant get them because npcs cannot jump.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:50:45 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 10:49:12 pm »
+1
Fuck you prp, fuck you

hahaha, thank you for the new sig darling  :wink: :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 10:49:21 pm »
Couldn't we just cap shield skill at 12 since this is such a big deal apparently....

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »
+2
@Thedric
you missed to mention kick range/angle  :rolleyes:

@Heskey
to round up your BUFF Information, perhaps i would include the higher chances for shield stun and crushthrough due to weight reduction, you know for an objective approach, which then also would answer partly perhaps Maksimus questions in the OP.

@Leshma
Demanding back gifts are we now? Trying to frame the lad you gave your shit to as scum? The shit you either leeched in low armor without investing into the teams effort by being more durable and increasing the chances of your team to win or by marketplace trans*sniezescam*actions. So besides delusional there comes the selfish trait.

Enjoy it, while it lasts. Expect those indestructible shields to be gone from dtv sometime soon.
most curious statement!
Only affecting dtv? How differently would shieldskill work instead? How about kick range/angle redcuction? What about framskiping pole&2h spam? What about ranged investations?
Speak to us oracle!
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 11:17:01 pm »
+4
Actually, to be fully honest reason why I asked for portion of what I gave him is because I know how this community works. If I asked a little bit more, would probably be blown off. Happy that I got at least something from any member of this community. Of course, there are people like Xant who gave items back without much issues but they are rare. If I asked Apsod to give me back everything, he would just say: beat it punk!

He's still scumbag for using stuff someone else collected and invested so much time in it. What makes it worse is the sheer amount of stuff he got.

Last post regarding this subject, I swear.
So now I'm a scumbag for using the stuff you gifted to me? Seriously what the fuck Leshma, did you expect me to keep your stuff locked away and never touch it?

Also don't assume things about me without knowing me. I would have without doubt given you back everything I had at the time except the 8 looms I had before you gave me your stuff.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 11:26:02 pm »
Only affecting dtv? How differently would shieldskill work instead? How about kick range/angle redcuction? What about framskiping pole&2h spam? What about ranged investations?
Speak to us oracle!

Ehm, of course only dtv. Bots don't know how to get past that shield so at least it should break at some point.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:06 pm »
+2
Not posting this to have a go at you Leshma, but remember what you posted when you left:

For those asking for looms and gold, I'll have to disappoint you guys. Everything went to Apsod and that everything is:

15.626.874 gold
14 loompoints (+2 I borrowed to Bjord which he'll hopefully give back to new owner)
9 Masterwork/Lordly items

If anyone is wondering why Apsod, I'll just say that he helped me with something and asked me can he have my looms (he was joking). I took it seriously and said him I'll give him everything if I quit the mod. Since that time has come, he gets everything. Last time I gave items to Meow to keep them for me and he returned them. Before that Xant asked the same question and got looms, but I said him that if I come back he should return them to me. Which he did. But this time there are no conditions.

I'm aware that he's buddy of Zlisch_the_Butcher, which means that Zlisch is most likely going to enjoy some of that wealth but I don't really mind. I don't play the mod anymore and now everything is Apsod property, not mine anymore. Hopefully, the likes of Zlisch will realize that they were wrong about me but that's not really that important to me tbh.

For those asking about Bucko, my alt. I've retired it, just like I did with main. It was level 32, 7 mil short of level 33. Got 2 loompoints that way (+8 loompoints for main). I didn't deleted it, just like I didn't deleted main. But that doesn't mean I'll continue playing cRPG.

This is my last post in cRPG part of this forum. From now on I'll just check news and post in super secret section of these forums. cRPG sub-forums are hidden. Also any PM regarding cRPG will not be answered. If you want to chat about new game, I'll gladly respond.

That doesn't mean I'll play upcoming miracle of game for certain. That depends on this community. Hopefully in next few years you all will grow up a bit, become more mature. Also I hope that admin issue will be done differently in there. Even if stays the same, my hope that admins in upcoming game will be like best admins when I started cRPG: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Mustikki, Ninja_Thomek, Guard_Nuffen and later Meow. That means mature guys who know rules very well and stick to them.

That is all I wanted to say. Wish you fun in cRPG. Sadly, I came to a point where I had two choices: one was to embrace silly mob mentality that has become leading force in cRPG or to leave the mod. I choose the latter.

I bolded couple bits. I'm pretty sure Apsod bought you M:BG access for just a loompoint before all this too

Anyway, don't give something and say "no strings, no conditions" etc and then ask for it back unless you can take no for an answer (not that he didn't give anything)

Should really have said you were lending them until you came back, no problems then

Anyway, not really my business just thought it was kind of wrong to accuse the guy
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2093
  • Infamy: 2672
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:07 pm »
Yes, I would like that M:BG access removed if possible.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2014, 11:34:46 pm »
Yes, I would like that M:BG access removed if possible.

Why?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1782
  • Infamy: 1513
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »
Because it wasn't bought with my money. Second, the more I see and hear of that game the less I want to play it. Can always buy it myself when they start gathering more money and only thing that really interests me, won't be released for a long time, if ever. For everything else, Bannerlord and some sort of cRPG mod will be better.

Would bother cmp, chadz or nessaj to remove this alpha package from my account but not sure will they respond. But they should give it back to Apsod, because I don't want anything to have with that guy anymore.

If having 20 MWs for almost 9 months wasn't enough fun for him and if his idea of fun is to spend gold on full plate charger, full plate armor and four throwing lances harassing poor players on EU4 then let him. But in my eyes, he's an asshole and going to stay that way. Despite having enough gold to create lamest possible build which could grief EU1 (could actually do that with couple of friends) I never did anything remotely close to it. Always was playing with medium gear and always will be.

Best way to see what kind of person someone is to make him significant. He had his chance and blew it.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2014, 12:12:52 am »
+3
Leshma you appear to be *this* close to having a psychotic breakdown (assuming you haven't already) and going on a Kesh-styled school shooting spree.

Please continue on and be sure to livepost/tweet us your thoughts in between reloads at your local elementary school in the near future.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1586
  • Infamy: 732
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2014, 12:19:44 am »
Nah, going to sleep now. Besides this subject is a bit boring, only thing that makes it interesting is amount of gold and looms. Other than that it's no big deal really. I actually don't want those looms back, but would gladly see them removed from his account so he can't enjoy them anymore. Selfish from me, I know.

Also kinngrimm, I don't see how is me shittalking Apsod going to hurt his positions in this community. Could only strengthen them. Anyway, I don't want to hear from you and your buddies, including Apsod. Everyone who follows you is either delusional, misinformed or just wicked like you are.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 12:43:39 am »
+3
Leshma the shit you blame me for is just beyond ludicrous. Seems more like you're just trolling tbh.

At first you were bitter because I didn't accept your clan invitation when I was already in a clan.

Then it was because I had not spent your wealth "correctly" even though you told me to spend it however I wanted.

Then suddenly you were upset because I only asked if you wanted more looms when you returned when I should have insisted.

And now you're angry because I am actually using the stuff you gave me instead of letting them stay untouched in my inventory and because I tried playing heavy cav for two weeks after you encouraged me to do so.

Can you please explain me how this makes me an asshole and a scumbag? I know you told me that logic does not work on you, but come on..