Author Topic: Shield is very bad shield  (Read 8183 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: Shield is very bad shield
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 02:57:32 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 03:05:13 pm »
+1
This thread is getting derailed, like every thread in this forum gets at some point the second post.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »
+1
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 03:11:29 pm »
+3
I don't understand the hate though. Those 13 shield skill guys are very useful in DTV and don't hurt anybody. If the devs believe that makes DTV too easy, I'm sure they'll do something.

Offline musketer

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 03:16:30 pm »
+10
(click to show/hide)

Put that shit in spoiler ffs  :!:

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »
If undestroyable shields are removed please also nerf the bots and give them normal stats, AND remover chambering from bots they are already blocking in 4 directions.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 790
  • Infamy: 2651
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »
I don't understand the hate though. Those 13 shield skill guys are very useful in DTV and don't hurt anybody. If the devs believe that makes DTV too easy, I'm sure they'll do something.

They are useful because they exploit poor AI and aggro bots. But this is not MMORPG and such play style isn't what DTV should be about. As Fips said, it will be fixed in the future.

I have no problem with Chinese players doing it, because they play that cause they really have no other choice (ever tried melee with 350 ping?) Also Chinese players who do that know how to do it, where to stand. EU newcommers don't and despite having 13 shield skill they get killed during first wave. Chinese players only get killed because noob archers th/tk them or some "funny" drunk dude won't leave them alone, constantly nudging/kicking them. That is way ROSE_naluoto reports players so much. Too many dumb people who find harassing amusing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 329
  • Infamy: 2215
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »
If undestroyable shields are removed please also nerf the bots and give them normal stats, AND remover chambering from bots they are already blocking in 4 directions.

No. Great XP and gold should be awarded to capable players. If 25 out of 30 players are completely useless, they should never go past nomad wave. Until they learn to play. DTV is quite simple, takes only two or three type of builds. One are shielders who form shield walls, rest are damage dealers. You don't even need expensive gear for it. But it's full of leechers who won't even take 2000 gold Two Handed War Axe. I can pull it off with a pitchfork, that's because I can use any weapon bots drop. Most players can't do that.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »
No. Great XP and gold should be awarded to capable players. If 25 out of 30 players are completely useless, they should never go past nomad wave. Until they learn to play. DTV is quite simple, takes only two or three type of builds. One are shielders who form shield walls, rest are damage dealers. You don't even need expensive gear for it. But it's full of leechers who won't even take 2000 gold Two Handed War Axe. I can pull it off with a pitchfork, that's because I can use any weapon bots drop. Most players can't do that.

Wait are you telling people how to play DTV now?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2239
  • Infamy: 1810
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 04:04:01 pm »
+3
No use telling you anything, you're just annoying forum wannabe troll who's abysmal at the game. You also lack basic intellectual abilities.

DTV is incredibly easy to play when everyone is doing his job. With just 10 players it's easy to get to tincans, but everyone must kill at least few bots per wave which really isn't that hard because they are bots. All it takes are basic blocking skills (like mine, because I'm not very good at blocking) and knowledge of bots behavior.

About shields. I used to have 1 Shield skill and was using Old Heater Shield for a long time (before all these shield buff occured). Rarely if ever got hit by archers. That's because you can point a shield in a direction where projectile is coming from, therefore blocking it. But most don't do that, get hit from above and qq, shields broken.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »
+1
No use telling you anything, you're just annoying forum wannabe troll who's abysmal at the game. You also lacks basic intellectual abilities.

such hate
wow
DTV is incredibly easy to play when everyone is doing his job. With just 10 players it's easy to get to tincans, but everyone must kill at least few bots per wave which really isn't that hard because they are bots. All it takes are basic blocking skills (like mine, because I'm not very good at blocking) and knowledge of bots behavior.
I see no problem with anyone using 13 shield skill. Why is it so bad?

About shields. I used to have 1 Shield skill and was using Old Heater Shield for a long time (before all these shield buff occured). Rarely if ever got hit by archers. That's because you can point a shield in a direction where projectile is coming therefore blocking it. But most don't do that, get hit from above and qq, shields broken.

I call bs when one sidestep is enough for some random 2H/polearm junkie to bend their fucking weapon over my shield and hit me. The actual melee shield coverage is pretty shitty tbh.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 04:20:25 pm »
+1
thx to the archer lobby shields do not work against missiles anymore.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1940
  • Infamy: 481
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 04:25:25 pm »
such hate
wow

Hate? Guess calling things with a proper name is called hate these days. Prove me wrong.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 04:27:03 pm »
+2
That quiet mode didn't last long Leshma, your retardation grows again :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1572
  • Infamy: 2171
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »
Quiet mode as, CTRL+SHIFT+M while playing the mod. Can't bother to listen to random chit-chat of bunch a 14 years old.