Author Topic: Regarding the new gloves  (Read 2232 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: Regarding the new gloves
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »
Why would you take away looms from people who have worked hard for them? Who would profit from this? Nobody!

Sounds stupid in my opinion and will just piss off lots of players. Also no need to completly remove the marketplace.

Just allow everybody to transform a +1/+2/+3 item into 1/2/3 loompoints for a certain amount of gold (25/50/75k - 50/100/150k for example would be reasonable imo).

fuck this, thread is derailed anyway. I have posted a long ass post somewhere over these forums about this. I don't want to type this all again. Summing up, I don't think that for your 'hard' marketplace-work you should be allowed to respec loompoints from 30+ MWs. That's why I placed there a balance formula because I don't think it would be fair if abusive marketplace users kept 100% of their MWs. Also people who fucked up their looms would get lps back because they are gen X so they would have X-1 lps on that char to place. You'd also have a shop feature of buying and selling LP if you wanted to keep a loompoint or prefered gold. It would have positive features of a marketplace but wouldn't allow for extensive marketabuse. Also you'd be able to respec your LPs each 2-3 weeks (or something, depending how much cooldown would last) and therefore it would allow changes for the poor that would like to try going shielder from an archer but don't want to sell both bow and arrows to get shielder's stuff because they don't know how much it would take them to get them back if they disliked shielder or sth.

trading is part of every society, the point of trading is making more money than you spend because otherwise it isn't worth your time. No need to remove that..
Having market would make no sense if you could just respec your Lps every now&then.

Who'd want to sell his +3 item if he could get his 3lps soon.

Also marketplace was added so the devs could not give a fuck if they nerf something because now it's players problem to trade it away to somebody who may like it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:17:19 pm by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 04:13:12 pm »
+2

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »
Also please tell me 'hard-working' Erzengel what is your gen.

Skyrim UI

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »
Also please tell me 'hard-working' Erzengel what is your gen.
You could also, without having to make a separate post, ask him how many MWs he has, while you're on it.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »
You could also, without having to make a separate post, ask him how many MWs he has, while you're on it.
I have posted that earlier. Here is the source http://forum.melee.org/selltrade/erzengel's-new-shop!/ I think he trades only his gear so I assume it's all his.

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2350
  • Infamy: 2801
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 04:31:32 pm »
Making looms cheaper is always better than removing looms. Best way to make looms cheaper is to drastically increase leveling speed but to keep current gold gain.

You mention loom respec? Okay, we get it once and what will happen when they add more gear, another loom respec? Too much of a hassle. Let the market fix that.

Faster leveling will attract more newcommers. At least I believe that.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 04:33:24 pm »
fuck this, thread is derailed anyway. I have posted a long ass post somewhere over these forums about this. I don't want to type this all again. Summing up, I don't think that for your 'hard' marketplace-work you should be allowed to respec loompoints from 30+ MWs. That's why I placed there a balance formula because I don't think it would be fair if abusive marketplace users kept 100% of their MWs. Also people who fucked up their looms would get lps back because they are gen X so they would have X-1 lps on that char to place. You'd also have a shop feature of buying and selling LP if you wanted to keep a loompoint or prefered gold. It would have positive features of a marketplace but wouldn't allow for extensive marketabuse. Also you'd be able to respec your LPs each 2-3 weeks (or something, depending how much cooldown would last) and therefore it would allow changes for the poor that would like to try going shielder from an archer but don't want to sell both bow and arrows to get shielder's stuff because they don't know how much it would take them to get them back if they disliked shielder or sth.

I am not abusing the marketplace. I am just asking for a reasonable price for my items. If I am looking for a rare/good item which I like I am also willing to pay a very good price for it. It is all about supply and demand...

I am not putting up scam offers. I am just checking the marketplace and accept offers which look good to me.

Of course I am trying to make profit, but I am never scamming other players. My trades are always fair and much better than the average marketplace offers. Some weeks ago a player bought my Long Hafted Blade for 2 loom points and 150k gold. He sent me a message and told me that he was looking for a Long Hafted Spiked Mace and not for a Long Hafted Blade. He instantly got his stuff back.

So no idea what's wrong with that.

You want looms for the time you spent ingame for leveling. I can understand this. But I also want to keep the looms which I got from spending lots of time on the marketplace. Both are part of the game.

What do you get if other people lose some of their looms? Sorry, but sounds like you are just a little bit jealous...

Blaming people because they are smart enough to use the marketplace is quite lame.

Edit: I am generation 23 by the way. Faridah gave me 4 or 5 +3 items when he stopped playing. I am usually playing in quite cheap gear with a high multi, so I make quite a few money from playing. I also retired several times at level 32 and 33.

So yes, I still got most of my looms from smart trading for about two years. What's the problem? Anybody can do that. You just have to invest lots of time and be patient. If you are not able to do that - your problem.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:39:47 pm by Erzengel »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »
Making looms cheaper is always better than removing looms. Best way to make looms cheaper is to drastically increase leveling speed but to keep current gold gain.
The value of the loompoints would be established by some sort of balancer. I wrote about buying them in the shop somewhere in previous posts. Leveling is piece of shit but it's different subject.
You mention loom respec? Okay, we get it once and what will happen when they add more gear, another loom respec? Too much of a hassle. Let the market fix that.
I am all the time talking about your own loom respec! Like you can respec skip the fun whenever you want, but respec happening to the loompoints and having some sort of short-medium cooldown

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1594
  • Infamy: 2462
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »
Why force devs to spend time on coding new stuff, when it's easier to create deflation?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »
I am not abusing the marketplace. I am just asking for a reasonable price for my items. If I am looking for a rare/good item which I like I am also willing to pay a very good price for it. It is all about supply and demand...

I am not putting up scam offers. I am just checking the marketplace and accept offers which look good to me.

Of course I am trying to make profit, but I am never scamming other players. My trades are always fair and much better than the average marketplace offers. Some weeks ago a player bought my Long Hafted Blade for 2 loom points and 150k gold. He sent me a message and told me that he was looking for a Long Hafted Spiked Mace and not for a Long Hafted Blade. He instantly got his stuff back.

So no idea what's wrong with that.

You want looms for the time you spent ingame for leveling. I can understand this. But I also want to keep the looms which I got from spending lots of time on the marketplace. Both are part of the game.

What do you get if other people lose some of their looms? Sorry, but sounds like you are just a little bit jealous...
Yes if you got 23MWs instead of 30 it would be very sad and depressing, especially if you could respec them from time to time for free.
Blaming people because they are smart enough to use the marketplace is quite lame.

In my opinion your work on marketplace isn't worth as much as you benefit from it. You got more lps via market than I got through 3 years of playing and ~40 gens. I am not jeallous I just want the system to work smoother and be more convenient for everyone in use. That's also why I strongly stay with my opinion that merchants should keep some of their additional wealth as a pay for their work, but they shouldn't keep everything because marketplace is broken. Also I didn't call you a scammer even once! I just said that when you want to gain shit in cRPG it's either boring as fuck or you have to make 'beneficial trades' (if trades are too beneficial->scam).

Also I don't care how many MWs you have as long as their number matches the amount of work you had to put into it. EDIT Also you could finally give your gen number. thank you.

Also in the beginning you asked me "Why would you think I would have something against better loompoint management" or something like that. I answered, that you may not like this idea because you like marketplace too much.

Why force devs to spend time on coding new stuff, when it's easier to create deflation?
Because they have done it easily with loom respec loooong time ago ~2,5-3 years ago so I think that now that they are way more experienced it wouldn't take this much of the work. Idea is very simple. When you say something like "coding new stuff" you make it look like it's really something new while it's actually respec option that does to you something that they did looong time ago.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:08:11 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 05:03:11 pm »
OP suggestion sounds good, however just giving everyone a new mw item is a bad idea. IF it's tradeable at least. That would give them easy LPs without any effort.

So either open a thread and offer a trade that an admin can do or leave it as it is now. 1st option would take some time from an admin however.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 06:16:39 pm »
Yeah, just give them rich bitches some additional free masterworks  :rolleyes:
As if those shit trading whores wouldn't have anough looms, just sayin.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »
BlueKnight, overall your argument doesn't make sense.  "Remove marketplace because 'broken'(?) and people who have patience and invest time into trading should lose everything they traded for because I don't have the patience to do it myself, thus it is not fair(?)".

You sound like a commie.   :rolleyes:

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »
BlueKnight, overall your argument doesn't make sense.  "Remove marketplace because 'broken'(?) and people who have patience and invest time into trading should lose everything they traded for because I don't have the patience to do it myself, thus it is not fair(?)".

You sound like a commie.   :rolleyes:
That's also why I strongly stay with my opinion that merchants should keep some of their additional wealth as a pay for their work, but they shouldn't keep everything because marketplace is broken.
That's why I placed there a balance formula because I don't think it would be fair if abusive marketplace users kept 100% of their MWs.
I don't know if you have anything against it but it would just remove the marketplace or at least looms from it, which means that you would have as many lps available with each loompoint reassign as you've earned via retiring +current_overwealth_compensation. This would leave people who are gen 15 and have 20-30MWs with way less MWs. Obviously some sort of formula that would adjust the amout of lps assigned to such people would take into account that those people had so much wealth (gold and MWs) so players that have been trading a lot would end up with significantly more wealth than they would if the formula was just based on the gens of the chars of the player.

tl;dr: Merchants would have less MWs but for anyone who isn't gaining benefits on marketplace it would be just better.

Now think about how many MWs you have now and how many you'd have only from retiring & from gold gained while playing and tell me how many MWs you'd have if the number was right between those numbers.
Once it would be introduced it would once change the amount of looms of the over_rich it would make them have lps between how much they had and how much they earned themselves. Those who left crpg would have their lps back, they could place them in armoury or sth.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:54:07 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »
You're still saying the marketplace should be abolished, or at least modified until every trade is equal so no gain is possible, making the marketplace useless.  And you're still saying people who have invested time in the market and earned wealth fairly should have some of it taken.  How does any of this make sense or seem fair?   :rolleyes: